If you think you’re having a bad day...

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

If you think you’re having a bad day...

Post by Noisydad » 28 Feb 2019, 4:54 pm

Today while out and about on a job for work I was at a roundabout giving way to a Ute that had a pallet of 10 L paint buckets on. It wasnt secured to the Ute neither was the pallet strapped and wrapped - are you seeing were I’m going with this? :-)
There was paint from butt hole to breakfast time! Buckets, lids, paint all over the road, splashed over the lawn beside the roundabout - it was a hell of a mess!
On one hand I felt really bad for the bloke but on the other I thought, YES! It wasn’t me!!!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Re: If you think you’re having a bad day...

Post by JSS » 28 Feb 2019, 5:43 pm

As an ex roadbike rider nothing p!sses me off more than w@nkers with unsecured loads, i've personally nearly copped it twice from crap flying out of utes, and once wrote a bike off hitting a corner covered in clear resin spilled from a 4 litre can which is safe to say came from the back of a ute
I hope old mate has to clean it up with his tongue. :D :drinks:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 28 Feb 2019, 7:15 pm

I hear you, J S S. While motorcycling up the Bruce H'way, a surfboard "detached" from the roof of a car in front but in my case there was plenty of time to watch it end-over-end through the air before hitting the road. Missed me by miles but I have never forgotten..
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by JSS » 28 Feb 2019, 7:24 pm

Ahh the joys of bikes :lol: That's why i gave them away, the "fool factor" out there just got too high for me. strictly dirt bikes these days. :)
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Noisydad » 28 Feb 2019, 7:37 pm

I’d bet the whole city of London down to the last brick that he thought “ It’ll be right, I haven’t got far to go”.
When we load 1000L IBCs of fertiliser (that weigh 1400kg) if we see people getting rope or under size straps out to tie them down it is our policy to unload it again.
I got abused by a bloke once because I wouldn’t load a 1400 kg IBC one onto his ute. Fortunately that sort of specimen is pretty rare.
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 28 Feb 2019, 8:15 pm

Today my 650 trailbike justs sits very idle in the back yard. I figure I am just way to old to be getting all smashed up and sharing my flesh with the bitumen. .paint or no paint ......lord do protect me better in a hilux with a steel bull bar and 4 wheels planted firm .....
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 28 Feb 2019, 11:22 pm

I saw a ladder in the hiway a few weeks ago. Looked like a couple of trucks had run over it.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 01 Mar 2019, 4:31 am

Oh Mr Hart what a mess!
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Daddybang » 01 Mar 2019, 6:35 am

Yep there's a reason for load restraint legislation. .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 01 Mar 2019, 6:45 am

Daddybang wrote:Yep there's a reason for load restraint legislation. .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:

Yeah it's for halfwits who have f*** all brains, the rest of us have enough commonsense to work out that things need to be tied down or they will become a problem. :D
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Daddybang » 01 Mar 2019, 7:00 am

bigfellascott wrote:
Daddybang wrote:Yep there's a reason for load restraint legislation. .... :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:

Yeah it's for halfwits who have f*** all brains, the rest of us have enough commonsense to work out that things need to be tied down or they will become a problem. :D

Spot on big fella!!!! :thumbsup: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Stix » 01 Mar 2019, 8:12 am

Hey...take it easy boys... :D
Im one of those blokes... ;)

Thank god for the rubber strip on my racks...
Couple weeks ago i was replacing/hanging a couple of solid core double hung doors from a breakin... (the stupid twats completely destroyed 2 sash windows before kicking the doors in...you can clearly see these windows have iron bars fixed on the inside but they thought they might get through them--unsucessful they stoved in beautiful old doors... :crazy: )

Anyway...ive had to buy extra large solid doors & trim them down, & so kept the off-cuts for heavy shelving.

Once id cut them.off, i put em on the roof...(you can see where this is going... :roll: ).
Now normally when i do this, i throw a tie-down strap on the roof & leave it hanging over the drivers door to remind me to tie it down before i drive off...

Well i convinced myself i wouldnt forget...bad move...

That afternoon on the way home & only around the corner from beer...a car pulls up next to me at lights & drives at my speed... :unknown: the good guy then told me about the loose timber on my roof.... :wtf: :oops: :oops:

The rubber strips on my racks have saved me a couple of times like that...
It also helps that i have 4 racks, so plenty of grabby rubber for those odd times of forgetfulness.

Hey we're all human... :unknown: its not like i regularly do it with no regard for safety.

So fellas, as someone who has made this mistake, if you notice a car with a loose load...let them know if you can...

Yes there are idiots out there that take risks, but some of us do occasionally genuinely forget & do appreciate a kind soul pointing it out... :thumbsup:

Fair dinkum, Ive even had a loose timber on my roof that someone else put there & i didnt realise due to the angle & speed ive approached & got in the car...went around a corner & see 2 sticks of timber swinging out over the bloody windscreen... :roll: :unknown:
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Daddybang » 01 Mar 2019, 8:48 am

Yep Stix I reckon we've all probably made the mistake before but I reckon noisy was right when he said this was a case of" im not goin far she'll be right". The reason I say that is the fact that the pallet was not wrapped at all. It's quite easy to overlook a strap or rope etc but surely old mate would've seen the pallet full of cans wasn't wrapped as it was being loaded :unknown: :drinks:
Either way I bet every load he carries from here on will be "SECURED" :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks:
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gamerancher » 01 Mar 2019, 9:28 am

My missus works at a rural supply store. She gets tired of telling blokes that come in with their "1 tonne" rated jap brand utes that their pride and joy wont take the 1 tonne + pallet of whatever. They argue that it will and then beg her to take it off when she lowers it onto the back, turning the suspension inside out, bulging the rubber bump stops on the diff and nearly lifting the steer of the ground. She is also sick and tired of trying to get people to tie sh!t down properly. She is fully aware of the "chain of responsibility" laws when it comes to load security and gets into a lot of arguments with farmer Brown who reckons he has "done it for years like this" without any problems.
Peoples stupidity is well ingrained.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by Stix » 01 Mar 2019, 10:08 am

Daddybang wrote:Yep Stix I reckon we've all probably made the mistake before but I reckon noisy was right when he said this was a case of" im not goin far she'll be right". The reason I say that is the fact that the pallet was not wrapped at all. It's quite easy to overlook a strap or rope etc but surely old mate would've seen the pallet full of cans wasn't wrapped as it was being loaded :unknown: :drinks:
Either way I bet every load he carries from here on will be "SECURED" :lol: :lol: :drinks: :drinks:

Ah yes mate...i should have been clear & distinguished what i was tryin to say as opposed to the likes of a pallet of unwrapped or strapped paint... :lol: :lol:
Im sure you blokes can distinguish my little mishap from the new paint covered road... :thumbsup:

Honestly Noisy that story is just utter gold and so stupifying, i rekon id have a six pack from laughing in only one month if id seen it happen :lol:

I obviously load stuff on my roof a fair bit, & regularly see what the regular home handy man does at the big green shed.
So like Gameranchers missus, i see that kinda stuff.

My local sand n metal yard are great with that stuff...no muckin around with them--anything overloaded just doesnt get loaded--period...
Ive seen guys argue like the farmer joe gamerancher mentions & the boys come out n kick the twats out the yard cos they hold up others from the weigh bridge... :clap:

I had a clown ask me to help him lift a door on his roof at Bngs 3 weeks ago...
Seriously...no roof racks... :wtf:
Just a blanket to protect paint...the engineering was with ropes through cabin held by slammed doors...& one long rope from front tow point to tow ball...
I say--mate...are fukn serious...??? :shock:
He says...well i gotta get it home...
I say--hire a fukn trailer--theyre free here man...!!
He says...yea but then i gotta bring it back...

I said look mate...they got cameras over this carpark & if you have accident they will trace back to my car & i should know better...so ill end up havin to pay for your fukwit decidions...& i walked off...
He says with a snarl...thanks for the help kunt...

I tell ya...its my love of hunting & obsession in chasing a perfect group that saves d**kheads like this from me & gives me the strength to wslk away..!! :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by JSS » 01 Mar 2019, 5:28 pm

Stix wrote:
I tell ya...its my love of hunting & obsession in chasing a perfect group that saves d**kheads like this from me & gives me the strength to wslk away..!! :lol:

Stix I'm sure there are plenty of wankers out there happily cruising about being knobs, who have absolutely no idea that the only thing that saved them from a proper...let's say "attitude adjustment" was peoples love of their gun licence.
I know there's a couple of fools out there who owe my licence a beer. :D :drinks:

Oh yeah, and we forgive ya for trying to kill us all with your roofrack door missiles :lol: :lol:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Farmerpete » 01 Mar 2019, 6:16 pm

Had a bloke tell me of a truckie who was cruisin up the coast with a dozer on a low loader cop pulls him up and says you got an unsecured load those chains gotta come off and you got to put a net over it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation