Storage at St Mary's Shooting Centre

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Storage at St Mary's Shooting Centre

Post by GojiraSteve » 01 Mar 2019, 6:15 pm

Hey boys.

Re the above, does anyone know how it works as far as access goes? I know they use some kind of passcard system but is that a 24hrs a day type arrangement or can you only gain access to your safe during range business hours?
I'm thinking of hiring an AB Cat safe there temporarily since I might be moving in a few months and there might be a few days between unbolting the safe from one house and installing it in the new one 550km away. But for the meantime 90% of my hunts happen over the weekend so I'm usually leaving super early in the morning and often returning late at night on the Sunday. Only having access between 10am and 10pm would lose me half a day either side.
GojiraSteve
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Storage at St Mary's Shooting Centre

Post by Wylie27 » 01 Mar 2019, 6:41 pm

Business hours only.

It isnt 24 hour access.
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by trekin » 02 Mar 2019, 4:20 am

GojiraSteve wrote:Hey boys.

Re the above, does anyone know how it works as far as access goes? I know they use some kind of passcard system but is that a 24hrs a day type arrangement or can you only gain access to your safe during range business hours?
I'm thinking of hiring an AB Cat safe there temporarily since I might be moving in a few months and there might be a few days between unbolting the safe from one house and installing it in the new one 550km away. But for the meantime 90% of my hunts happen over the weekend so I'm usually leaving super early in the morning and often returning late at night on the Sunday. Only having access between 10am and 10pm would lose me half a day either side.

And, how many hunts will you miss out on in the "few days between unbolting the safe from one house and installing it in the new one 550km away."?
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by GojiraSteve » 02 Mar 2019, 9:47 am

trekin wrote:And, how many hunts will you miss out on in the "few days between unbolting the safe from one house and installing it in the new one 550km away."?

Exactly none, for that few days. But between the headache of timing and logistics around the move, and the minimum rental period being 30 days, there would've been an argument for just shifting the whole shebang over there for a month or more IF the access issue wasn't an issue. Chances are I'll still hire a safe there, but it'll likely remain empty except for the transition period. Alternatively I might see about dropping my stuff off at the LGS in the new town for a bit.
GojiraSteve
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by pomemax » 02 Mar 2019, 11:04 am

You may wish to check with St Mary,s re the availability i believe they have a waiting list to obtain storage lockers .
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Return to Off topic - General conversation