Changing 'Hand'?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Changing 'Hand'?

Post by Daddybang » 05 Mar 2019, 9:30 am

pomemax wrote:I am the same Die Judicii to the point if I have to do a right handed task with the left it is near on impossible.
A few years ago I badly injured 2 fingers on the right hand it was bandaged up in a ball for about a month first week going to the bathroom was a learning curve in more ways than one .

If id have read this comment four weeks ago I would've thought "what's so hard about it"
After breaking my hand three weeks ago I now couldn't agree more it's bloody difficult to use the off hand in the bathroom!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 05 Mar 2019, 10:09 am

Daddybang wrote:
pomemax wrote:I am the same Die Judicii to the point if I have to do a right handed task with the left it is near on impossible.
A few years ago I badly injured 2 fingers on the right hand it was bandaged up in a ball for about a month first week going to the bathroom was a learning curve in more ways than one .

If id have read this comment four weeks ago I would've thought "what's so hard about it"
After breaking my hand three weeks ago I now couldn't agree more it's bloody difficult to use the off hand in the bathroom!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :drinks:

Sometimes it can be a blessing in disguise DB.
When I was 13 I was asked by a family friend's daughter if I wanted to go riding.
The kids in this family had been virtually raised on horseback and I had never ridden anything but motorbikes, but there was no way I was admitting to a girl that I couldn't ride a horse.

I was given a wild eyed monster that picked me for a noob straight up and took off like a rocket.
My bareback riding career last about 30 seconds until he made a sudden 45° turn at full gallop and we parted company.
Not knowing how to fall, I instinctively put my hands out to"save" myself.
I shattered 3in of both ulnar and radius just above the wrist, broke my wrist, right thumb, and one end of the radius cut my thumb tendon. I also ended up with a mouthful of grass and dirt and several loosened teeth.

After surgery putting in plates and screws and such and 3 weeks in hospital I spent nearly 8 months with plaster from my middle knuckles to just below my armpit.

As a result I ended up functionally ambidextrous, which was quite useful for many years.
Until getting hit by a semi in the 90s damaged my right frontal lobe and buggered up my left side movements.

So I probably still couldn't " brush my hair" with my left now, even if I tried :lol:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Mar 2019, 11:25 am

BUT did you get to kiss the girl ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Gaznazdiak » 05 Mar 2019, 11:34 am

No Tas, just the dirt.

That's the way my luck works.

If it started raining virgins, I'd end up locked in the dunny with a poofter :roll:

Not that there's anything wrong with that :lol:
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 05 Mar 2019, 7:46 pm

trekin wrote:Or you could re-stock your right handed action in a left handed stock.
20161028_151408.jpg

20150514_162912 - Copy.jpg

I saw a woman shooting benchrest with some sort of custom action. She was shooting right-handed but had a left-handed action.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by trekin » 06 Mar 2019, 5:22 am

bladeracer wrote:
trekin wrote:Or you could re-stock your right handed action in a left handed stock.
20161028_151408.jpg

20150514_162912 - Copy.jpg

I saw a woman shooting benchrest with some sort of custom action. She was shooting right-handed but had a left-handed action.

Yeah, a lot of righthanded BR shooters are going that way now, I have been using a lefthanded action in a righthanded stock in BR for many years. The second stock, the pro hunter, I have been making for righthanded pro roo shooters to use over the window rest from the drivers seat, most of them are already shooting lefthanded from this position and find that their favourite rifle is more comfortable, and therefore more accurate, when re-stocked this way.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation