Unfolding mass shooting NZ - Christchurch

Shooting in the news and political arena.

Re: Unfolding mass shooting NZ - Christchurch

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Mar 2019, 5:40 pm

This is the face of the rabid far right, Brenton Tarrant.
Scum.
Attachments
Screenshot_2019-03-15-18-05-16.jpeg
Screenshot_2019-03-15-18-05-16.jpeg (230.67 KiB) Viewed 298 times
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Mar 2019, 5:43 pm

Kotaw wrote:I'm so gutted by this. I'm a Kiwi living in Aus. This is not what NZ needs, not what the world needs. Such an act of cowardice innocent people in their time of worship. My heart goes out to the people of Christchurch and the innocent Muslims around the world. No normal clear thinking human can condone this act of terror.

I concur. I have met and worked with many muslums, all fantastic ppl.

Only about 0.001% or less are terrarists. We can learn from them.
Hunt safe, look after the bush & plug more pests. :thumbsup: Better to load on the mild side. :o The greatest invention in the history of man is beer. :drinks: "Often the written message doesn't convey all of the information"
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by tom604 » 15 Mar 2019, 5:47 pm

at least 29 dead,just on the news,50ish injured
tom604
Captain
Captain

South Australia

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 15 Mar 2019, 6:04 pm

40 dead 20 injured. This is massive for NZ - Port Arthur revisited - 4 terrorists in custody (?)
allthegearandnoidea
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Daddybang » 15 Mar 2019, 6:11 pm

An absolute tragedy caused by absolute scum....nothing else I can say :cry: :cry: :
This hard living ain't as easy as it used to be!!!
Daddybang
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Mar 2019, 6:20 pm

Frazer Anning, another far right scumbag is already blaming the victims.

He has tweeted that this is the result of Muslim immigration.

Those who voted for this poisonous loon must be so proud.

The real worry is that there are sufficient numbers of other, like-minded ratbags out there for this cvnt to get elected.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Mar 2019, 6:20 pm

Death toll now at 49 apparently—bloody hell.
Tikka T3 .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g
Steyr Pro Hunt 30-06 (Dud!!!)
Sauer 100 30-06
TassieTiger
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Tasmania

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 15 Mar 2019, 6:40 pm

kiwis - kiss your semis goodbye
allthegearandnoidea
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Ziad » 15 Mar 2019, 7:35 pm

Fraiser didn't actually get elected. He was given ticket by one nation and didn't get in on the proper election. But the senator that got elected had to resign due to dual nationality, so Pauline promoted Fraiser into the Senate. After which He promptly resigned one nation to become independent and a monger of hate against all non white and Christian immigration.

And this is why I don't really trust in minor parties, firstly they usually only stand for 1 idea..... and mainly the is no cohesion of ideals between the members and the party. Case in point one nation, and the fatso Clive palmer. As soon as they get in these people leave their original parties. Eg Fraiser and the tassie lady from Clive party
Blame it on the phone auto correct
Ziad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Gaznazdiak » 15 Mar 2019, 7:43 pm

So he did Ziad, and yes you are correct mate, that is one of the problems with one trick pony type, niche parties.
fideles usque ad mortem
Gaznazdiak
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by Wm.Traynor » 15 Mar 2019, 8:41 pm

My 2 cents worth
What can shooters do? The Majors don't care about us and as has been alluded to above, the minors gradually become more and more venal. It's a lousy situation and I can only see myself voting out the worthless barstewards by voting For a minor or Independent.
Wm.Traynor
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Tragic NZ shooting

Post by dpskipper » 15 Mar 2019, 8:58 pm

I am shocked and saddened to see what happened in NZ today.

I don't want to write much l but suffice to say I'm disappointing that this will no doubt be used to push anti-firearm agenda and we might see ARs banned in the wake of so many deaths.

What appals me is the abysmal police response, so many lives could have been saved with at least some armed response early on.

When something like this happens especially so close to us I don't know to react. I'm sure we will all want to know how he got his firearms as I thought NZ had a pretty good system.
Rossi Circuit Judge .22/.22 WMR
Remington 783 .308
Ruger American .22 WMR
Gamo .177 Air Rifle
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Re: Tragic NZ shooting

Post by No1_49er » 15 Mar 2019, 9:32 pm

dpskipper wrote:When something like this happens especially so close to us I don't know to react. I'm sure we will all want to know how he got his firearms as I thought NZ had a pretty good system.

He got them. As has been reported, he is an Australian who was not on anybody's radar, and thus there were no red flags raised (that we are aware of).
Yes, NZ does have a "pretty good" system that involves, not just the applicant, but also members of his immediate family and acquaintances who are interviewed, separately from each other. If found to be "fit and proper" they will be issued a licence. If they continue to abide by the rules and not raise any of those red flags, how else would anybody know that he was just a bad bastard, along with his accomplices, quietly plotting to unleash their extremist, white supremacist doctrine on a religious group who had neither done him or anybody else any harm, in a country which one presumes he had no natural allegiance, but chose it as his base?
Not that it would have changed his outlook on life but I think that there is still a place in our penal system for the rope. We would then be assured that he, and his like, would never do it again. They deserve nothing. Nothing but the rope and a trapdoor.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Cal-ApeR » 15 Mar 2019, 9:50 pm

It's sickening. Shooting women? Gutless.

Judgement cannot be made on law enforcement. Brave as hell taking him down alive. A Glock(I don't even think kiwi police all carry) is no match for these long arms. No doubt the coppers would have done the best they could.

Praying for them over there, pissed off its an Aussie as well.
I'd rather be hunting
Cal-ApeR
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by dpskipper » 15 Mar 2019, 9:56 pm

Cal-ApeR wrote:It's sickening. Shooting women? Gutless.

Judgement cannot be made on law enforcement. Brave as hell taking him down alive. A Glock(I don't even think kiwi police all carry) is no match for these long arms. No doubt the coppers would have done the best they could.

Praying for them over there, pissed off its an Aussie as well.

It appears to me that he wanted to get caught. I think NZ did not have as high a terror threat as say melbourne or sydney does on any other day which might explain the slow response. When that guy with a knife was chased by trolly man in melbourne some months ago the police where their in seconds.
People are saying it was only around 16 minutes after he begun shooting that sirens could be heard.

obviously Can't compare the police response between melbourne and Christchurch as melbourne is a lot bigger so more police/resources etc. but still a slow response never the less.
Rossi Circuit Judge .22/.22 WMR
Remington 783 .308
Ruger American .22 WMR
Gamo .177 Air Rifle
dpskipper
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 15 Mar 2019, 10:04 pm

Wm.Traynor wrote:My 2 cents worth
What can shooters do? The Majors don't care about us and as has been alluded to above, the minors gradually become more and more venal. It's a lousy situation and I can only see myself voting out the worthless barstewards by voting For a minor or Independent.

The last thing we need is a two party system. Just the fact that their are independent and minor parties keeps the majors on their toes. I hate to think what the majors would be like with no competition
bigrich
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Bruiser64 » 16 Mar 2019, 12:28 am

Frazer Anning: what a classy guy. Seeking to make political capital out of the murder of 49 innocent people just going about their lawful business is outrageous. Does it ever occur to that kind of person that most people emigrate to places like NZ and Australia because they want to get the hell away from violent swine in their country of origin? That they want a better life for themselves and their families? How on earth can anyone but the perpetrators be to blame?

I had a look at the manifesto of this tosser from Grafton. Talk about absolute self justifying gibberish. Extremist ideology of any sort that justifies violence is utterly appalling in my view. All my sympathies lie with the victims and their poor families.
Bruiser64
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by straightshooter » 16 Mar 2019, 7:09 am

So, if I am not mistaken, the land of the single vowel is now due for some new gun laws.
I can't wait to see Ms. Ardern make the announcement wearing a flak jacket and really (I mean really) turning on the sincerity.
Only a short time after the event our illustrious PM was able to announce that 'right wing terrorists' were responsible.
What remarkably efficient intelligence services we have.
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Sergeant
Sergeant

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Media and politics