Considering all the hoops we have to jump through,

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Considering all the hoops we have to jump through,

Post by Die Judicii » 23 Mar 2019, 7:14 pm

Well, as the topic subject says,,
Considering all that we do to obtain and maintain a firearms license, and that it is an official license which is recognized almost nationally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (I think all Australian states and territories have reciprocal rights with the exception of the "Wait Awhile" state) that only recognizes its own license.

Why is it that if asked for photo ID a "Firearms Licence" just isn't good enough,, unless it is specifically used in conjunction with firearms.

If general ID is asked for, It won't be accepted.
The "Drivers Licence" bullsh!t gets right up my nose.
I tried to use my firearms licence as ID and ?proof of age, today simply to get into a licensed venue for a meal, and it was refused. :wtf:

Why,,,,,,,, for f*ck sake ??
It's not only photo ID of who I am, but it also verifies that I am not a criminal.

Considering all the hoops we have to jump through to get one,, Why the hell isn't it good enough to get me into a venue for a simple meal ??? :unknown:

I think the only place (outside of firearm useage) that will accept it as ID is a bank.

It's high time that it should be recognized as a form of ID everywhere that ID is required.
So, let's start flooding the Pollies with written requests for such recognition.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: Considering all the hoops we have to jump through,

Post by trekin » 23 Mar 2019, 7:24 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Well, as the topic subject says,,
Considering all that we do to obtain and maintain a firearms license, and that it is an official license which is recognized almost nationally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, (I think all Australian states and territories have reciprocal rights with the exception of the "Wait Awhile" state) that only recognizes its own license.

Why is it that if asked for photo ID a "Firearms Licence" just isn't good enough,, unless it is specifically used in conjunction with firearms.

I tried to use my firearms licence as ID and ?proof of age, today simply to get into a licensed venue for a meal, and it was refused. :wtf:

It's not only photo ID of who I am, but it also verifies that I am not a criminal.

Considering all the hoops we have to jump through to get one,, Why the hell isn't it good enough to get me into a venue for a simple meal ??? :unknown:

I think the only place (outside of firearm useage) that will accept it as ID is a bank.

It's high time that it should be recognized as a form of ID everywhere that ID is required.
So, let's start flooding the Pollies with written requests for such recognition.

Then you were giving the bums rush mate, in QLD a Weapons licence is consider a legal form of ID.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 23 Mar 2019, 7:41 pm

trekin wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:Well, as the topic subject says,,

Then you were giving the bums rush mate, in QLD a Weapons licence is consider a legal form of ID.

Mind you, having said that, have just been informed by a manager from AHL, sitting next to me, that a QLD Weapons licence is not accepted as poof of age because minors can get a licence as well.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 23 Mar 2019, 8:44 pm

Australia Post certainly doesn't accept it.

I was dumbfounded when they said that it doesn't count.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 23 Mar 2019, 8:49 pm

trekin wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:Then you were giving the bums rush mate, in QLD a Weapons licence is consider a legal form of ID.

Yeah Mate, I already knew that,, and that is precisely what I'm getting at,,,,,, For purposes of ID, it should NOT be allowed to be denied or refused.

For instance,,,,,,, I am 65 year old so proof of "being of age to enter a licensed or gaming area" should not even come into it.
But to simply gain access for a sit down meal,,,,,,,, for f*ck sakes,,,,,,,,,, it SHOULD be both recognized, and accepted.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by SomeoneElse » 23 Mar 2019, 8:56 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Australia Post certainly doesn't accept it.

I was dumbfounded when they said that it doesn't count.

I've had Aust Post accept it for parcel collection last year, but in retrospect I'm trusting that they keep such records secure. :? 'Cos they have to keep a record of your ID details when you collect.

I think that on the official "Points of ID" it counts as about 50 points, whereas drivers licence or passport count as 100 points.

Someone Else
SomeoneElse
Recruit
Recruit

-

Post by CAVEMAN » 23 Mar 2019, 9:39 pm

At the same time do you ever really need to use it for anything other than shooting related activities. Most people in today's modern world have several different forms of ID, and i'm struggling to find a time i would need to use it apart from our chosen recreation

I have spoken to bouncers who have said people have pulled them out to show off, and they just shoot them straight down (pardon my pun) and ask for normal ID as the person is typically being a bit of a poser.
"Well if it ain't an 8 inch, i'm not paying"

Some guy on the internet circa 2020
CAVEMAN
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by womble » 24 Mar 2019, 2:19 am

yep, posing an an outstansting citizen whose had his whole life heavilly scrutenized and is highly unlikely to get into any kind of trouble.

shame on you.

but seriously, i don't just flip it out there. the more people who know, the more likely you are going to get robbed.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 24 Mar 2019, 8:28 am

I accidently handed mine over at an RSL club, ( NSW ), where they scan your photo I.D on entry for non-members. Realizing my mistake, I offered my drivers licence instead, bloke on the door said " I'll see if this works", scanned shooters licence, all good, "have a nice evening".
Had a conversation at an airport about I.D. with Borderforce, was showing him various forms of photo I.D that I had in my wallet. Firearms licence raised hie eyebrows but he got real wide eyed when he saw my explosives licence. Despite having to have a lot more scrutiny, ( including an Interpol check ), before you can be issued with one, he advised me that I'd better keep that one hidden. Anything relating to explosives raises the hackles of security at airports.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by bladeracer » 24 Mar 2019, 1:46 pm

Gamerancher wrote:Anything relating to explosives raises the hackles of security at airports.

That's because terrorists have to have explosives licences to be able make bombs, obvious really :-)
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Mar 2019, 1:48 pm

Wa hahahaha hahaha
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 24 Mar 2019, 2:26 pm

Certainly a legal form of ID in Victoria even to become a citizen it is accepted.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by AusC » 25 Mar 2019, 12:03 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Yeah Mate, I already knew that,, and that is precisely what I'm getting at,,,,,, For purposes of ID, it should NOT be allowed to be denied or refused.

But to simply gain access for a sit down meal,,,,,,,, for f*ck sakes,,,,,,,,,, it SHOULD be both recognized, and accepted.

Agree with all that mate, and I have no doubt you're right that it is a legal ID in every capacity. It's government issued the same as your drivers license, proof of age card and legally should and "does" work the same.

The problem, of course, is morons who can't thing outside the box, and think a drivers license is the only type of ID.

At the end of the day, what can you do. If a bouncer says your shooters license isn't valid, are you going to punch on over it? Nah. Just gotta deal with the morons unfortunately.
300 Win Mag Tikka T3 Lite.
4-12x42 Zeiss Terra.
AusC
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation