RANT WARNING "Sprayed With Rocks/Gravel"

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

RANT WARNING "Sprayed With Rocks/Gravel"

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Mar 2019, 8:40 pm

I'm getting set for a severe case of road rage.
Hardly a day goes by lately without copping gravel/rocks from some imbecile semi/Bdouble driver that does not slow down on either gravel roads or roads that have loose gravel verges.
Once it used to be just the odd cowboy wanker, but now it seems they have bred like rabbits.

Today, I was parked (on the phone) well off the edge of the bitumin on a long flat, straight, narrow road.
My vehicle would have been clearly visible for nearly a kilometer either side.
When this IDIOT driven semi approached from head on, at highway speed, made no attempt what ever to slow down, and even though he had the full width of the narrow bitumin to himself entirely,,,,, he decided in his ultimate wisdom to put himself on the gravel.
I was frantically waving the typical "slow down" signal that cops use, at him but he not only continued at the same pace,, but also sprayed me with gravel as he went by.

The day before, I was at the front "pole position" of a line of traffic stopped at the mobile red light on a section of road that was under going roadworks.
Yep, you guessed it,,,,,,,, another f@cking idiot (this time a B Double) coming head on to us in the 40 klm zone and doing an unbelievable speed,,, showered me and several cars behind me with rocks.
There was a highway worker on the other side of the road to me, but just ahead, and when the light turned green for the others and myself to move forward, I paused next to the worker and asked if they can report incidents like that.

His reply was "Hell Yeah, but that one was going so fast that I didn't manage to get the rego , and he was actually still accelerating as he came through."

Don't get me wrong,,, I have the utmost respect for the truckies that do the right thing.
I know personally that it is far from the easiest of jobs,, having driven trucks myself years ago, but the new age cowboys are getting way out of hand.
I'm thinking that the next time I cop rocks from an imbecile not doing the right thing,, I'm gonna chuck a Ewie and sort him out.

Not the end of the rant really, but I'll leave it at this and catch a breathe. :violin: :violin: :violin:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: RANT WARNING "Sprayed With Rocks/Gravel"

Post by TassieTiger » 28 Mar 2019, 9:36 pm

Sometimes the only way to learn the morons is with like for like...this is why some motorcyclists, allegedly, blu tak shards of ceramic from broken spark plugs to their triple clamps...glass and ceramics love each other so much that they try and make love, right there before your eyes, and their offspring is a beautiful show, immediate and impressive...:-)
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by on_one_wheel » 28 Mar 2019, 10:23 pm

One of my pet hates is assholes who don't slow down on dirt roads.

There's a few locals that never slow down for me on the dirt... 100kph in the opposite direction without batting an eyelid. I've dedicated their cars to memory.
When I'm out in the kingswood and I see them failing to slow down, I just plant my right foot on that 400 hp 355 V8 as they pass and they're forced to drive through the massive gravel siht storm behind me as they go by. :lol:
I'm actually considering getting a pair of knobbly rall tyres for the rear for maximum effect.

Truckies in particular hardy ever slow down on dirt roads these days. This new generation of self entitled Fwitts have ZERO respect for anyone.

It could be worth buying a powerful dirt squirter, getting in front of them and BRAAAAAAAP ! :thumbsup:
images (5).jpeg
images (5).jpeg (33.52 KiB) Viewed 2274 times

In all seriousness
Don't forget that you never know who your dealing with these days. You might get someone out of their cab just to find out their a meth raged psychopath with a shotgun. It's not worth the risk now days.

Here's a good example.
I know that the owner of a custom motorcycle shop in Perth has recently lost an eye after being shot by a meth addicted 17 year old aboriginal that he had told eirler to stop doing burnouts on his bike in front of his workshop.
He's still picking pellets out of himself now.
Screenshot_20190328-233534_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190328-233534_Chrome.jpg (235.12 KiB) Viewed 2265 times

I wonder if the culprit is the fella who was shot dead by a policeman in Mooliabeenee tonight :unknown:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 28 Mar 2019, 11:50 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
In all seriousness
Don't forget that you never know who your dealing with these days. You might get someone out of their cab just to find out their a meth raged psychopath with a shotgun. It's not worth the risk now days.
:

Also in all seriousness, I have a couple of nasty surprises for the likes of what you speak of,, with me always in the vehicle.
And before anyone can get upset,,,,,,,,, I am definately NOT talking about firearms.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 29 Mar 2019, 12:30 am

Unfortunately mate, if it’s what I’m thinking you have, many of us probably do - and the problem is the pricks wouldn’t even feel it for a few hours.
I’ve actually seen meth’d ppl in our local hospital take 6 police officers to hold them down....I’ve heard of others not even registering that they have been tasered...meth gives some cretins superhuman strength. I’m trained in muay Thai and I’d be scared to take on someone 3/4 my size on meth...nope - these days, if someone gets out ranting and threatening and looks a little hazy...I’m officially now feeling that my life is threatened and hitting the loud pedal in their direction...I’ll deal with the consequences post that.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by flutch » 29 Mar 2019, 2:50 am

Die Judicii wrote:I'm getting set for a severe case of road rage.
Hardly a day goes by lately without copping gravel/rocks from some imbecile semi/Bdouble driver that does not slow down on either gravel roads or roads that have loose gravel verges.
Once it used to be just the odd cowboy wanker, but now it seems they have bred like rabbits.

man, I am over truckies, they are useless, my troll is covered with chips from the last couple years of uncovered loads, reckless overtaking by semi's, and thats without getting into the 400 other things they do that is plain abhorrent whilst driving, soz to any truckies out there but for every one I see being a good driver I see like 5 being utter road hogs, you own a truck, not public infrastructure.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bigpete » 29 Mar 2019, 5:20 am

We have a quarry near one of our vineyards,and the truckies coming out of there are mad cvnts. Actually had 2 concrete trucks roll on the sharp corner by our storage compound because they try to take the corner too fvcking fast. And they'll turn out onto Victor Harbor road and drive up the middle of the road into oncoming traffic just so they don't have to wait for a gap. And heaven forbid you're in front of them waiting for a gap yourself......
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 29 Mar 2019, 7:04 am

Where’s a cop when ya need one ? Having camera footage of this dangerous selfish behaviour handed over to the cops is the only way to sort out idiots like the ones you guys describe Or maybe more cops and harsher penalties . Now there’s a idea ........
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by trekin » 29 Mar 2019, 8:35 am

bigpete wrote:We have a quarry near one of our vineyards,and the truckies coming out of there are mad cvnts. Actually had 2 concrete trucks roll on the sharp corner by our storage compound because they try to take the corner too fvcking fast. And they'll turn out onto Victor Harbor road and drive up the middle of the road into oncoming traffic just so they don't have to wait for a gap. And heaven forbid you're in front of them waiting for a gap yourself......

Have the same type of idiot truck drivers up here. Seem to think that they have right away entering a highway (110 kph posted) from a private road (90 degree intersection), just because they are driving a 50-60 ton road train, and have no worries about taking up both lanes when wheeling around the corner because they have entered the intersection at a speed way too fast.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by tom604 » 31 Mar 2019, 12:44 am

dash cam,,if you can get their company name ,ring them up and complain ,,know a few truckies and if you tried to pull them out of the cab they would beat the freak out of you and keep driving,,better to complain to the bosses
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by flutch » 31 Mar 2019, 1:00 am

bigrich wrote:Where’s a cop when ya need one ? Having camera footage of this dangerous selfish behaviour handed over to the cops is the only way to sort out idiots like the ones you guys describe Or maybe more cops and harsher penalties . Now there’s a idea ........

cops literally never pull them over.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 31 Mar 2019, 6:50 am

I be extremely wary of truck drivers (or anyone) on drugs esp if it's meth.

I'd you have videos, try cops or the company bosses.... but they might not care
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation