What’s everyone doin for Easter?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: What’s everyone doin for Easter?

Post by ClaytonT88 » 16 Apr 2019, 10:00 pm

I was hoping to run in my new bit of kit but we'll have to wait and see what happens, but I do have a 120th to make an appearance at at some stage (2 mates with the same birthday who hold their birthdays together)
Easy come, easy go.

Tikka T1X 22LR - VX Freedom 3-9X40
ClaytonT88
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by AZZA'S HJ47 » 16 Apr 2019, 10:20 pm

Stix wrote:Well it seems ill have around 4000 acres with bunnies foxes & some deer all to myself...anyone wana come...? :unknown:

Both farmers are away & i dont have any friends so looks like i dont have to share my bacon fat with anyone... :clap:

BUT...!!...that also means i have to clean & pack up myself... :thumbsdown:

Actually, the worst of it is answering back to myself for the entire trip... :roll:

I did 3 weeks once no phone, no tv, no body, no radio and no power didnt think id be able to do it! But to tell you the truth by day 4 i was at peace and couldn't have been happier. The hard part was coming back to it all.
Sako Varmint 243,Marlin 917, Lithgow La101 .22 , 1917 BSA 303 (ted), Finnish Vkt 1944 M39,T3X Super Varmint 223, Marlin 1895 SBL 45-70 Howa 1500 308, BSA CF2 222, 1911 9mm, Adler 12G, Sako 7mm rem Mag,Ruger m77 mk1 22-250AI, Rem 700 17 Rem, BSA No 5 303
AZZA'S HJ47
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Urastus » 16 Apr 2019, 10:30 pm

brett1868 wrote:I'm heading north to detonate some pussies with 798gr hollow points :) Might even get round to some practise for the Australian titles if I run out of pussy.

It's good to know somebody is :) They are devastating. That does seem a touch overly aggressive though :D
Urastus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Urastus » 16 Apr 2019, 10:32 pm

We're off to Derby, mountain biking
Urastus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by Urastus » 16 Apr 2019, 10:34 pm

Stix wrote:Well it seems ill have around 4000 acres with bunnies foxes & some deer all to myself...anyone wana come...? :unknown:

Both farmers are away & i dont have any friends so looks like i dont have to share my bacon fat with anyone... :clap:

BUT...!!...that also means i have to clean & pack up myself... :thumbsdown:

Actually, the worst of it is answering back to myself for the entire trip... :roll:

I never knew there were deer in SA. What an offer; and bummer, got plans. I hope you have a good time; it's a great opportunity.
Urastus
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Tasmania

Post by bigpete » 17 Apr 2019, 4:35 am

Seriously ?
Nope,no deer in SA. None at all. No reason to even think of coming to SA :)
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigfellascott » 17 Apr 2019, 5:03 am

My mate muttered something about spotlighting some foxes on the property we cut wood on so might be doing that as well as cutting firewood, might need to see what ammo I have reloaded for the 204 and 222 (been a long time since I've used both) so have no idea what ammo I have for either. :unknown:

Went out the other day for a wander for some pigs but none seen so cut a load of firewood, then went out yesterday to cut a load of wood a came across a mob of goats and no firearm with me :lol: I said to my mate who was with me that I bet we see something whilst out cutting wood and sure enough :lol: :lol:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by JimTom » 17 Apr 2019, 6:30 am

bigfellascott wrote:My mate muttered something about spotlighting some foxes on the property we cut wood on so might be doing that as well as cutting firewood, might need to see what ammo I have reloaded for the 204 and 222 (been a long time since I've used both) so have no idea what ammo I have for either. :unknown:

Went out the other day for a wander for some pigs but none seen so cut a load of firewood, then went out yesterday to cut a load of wood a came across a mob of goats and no firearm with me :lol: I said to my mate who was with me that I bet we see something whilst out cutting wood and sure enough :lol: :lol:

Bloody hell isn’t that always the way mate.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 17 Apr 2019, 11:52 am

JimTom wrote:
bigfellascott wrote:My mate muttered something about spotlighting some foxes on the property we cut wood on so might be doing that as well as cutting firewood, might need to see what ammo I have reloaded for the 204 and 222 (been a long time since I've used both) so have no idea what ammo I have for either. :unknown:

Bloody hell isn’t that always the way mate.

Bloody Oath, not that it really mattered as I don't shoot the goats on their place as they like em to keep the blackberries down (mind you they are doing a poor job of it if that's their job) :lol: they also have a million cats running around the place too and I can't expire any of those either as they are their pets apparently :wtf: :unknown:

End of the day it's their place, their rules and I stick to em regardless of what I think/want. :drinks:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by JimTom » 17 Apr 2019, 2:05 pm

Makes sense mate. Best way to lose access to a place is not respect the owners wishes.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by brett1868 » 17 Apr 2019, 3:53 pm

Picked up a gong to test, the manufacturer claims it's 50BMG resistant. Manufactured in Australia by Blackcarbon in Vic http://www.blackcarbon.com.au Should be fun to hammer it with the 808gr Lehigh's and 395gr Woodleighs from the 50 & 416. I don't think ill damage it but I'll give it a good workout :)

@Die Judicii Bring your biggest "Hammer" mate :)

IMG_5141.jpg
IMG_5141.jpg (181 KiB) Viewed 2718 times
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 17 Apr 2019, 11:09 pm

JimTom wrote:Makes sense mate. Best way to lose access to a place is not respect the owners wishes.

Too right I always do as they ask and that's the way it should be. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by on_one_wheel » 18 Apr 2019, 2:27 pm

brett1868 wrote:Picked up a gong to test, the manufacturer claims it's 50BMG resistant. Manufactured in Australia by Blackcarbon in Vic http://www.blackcarbon.com.au Should be fun to hammer it with the 808gr Lehigh's and 395gr Woodleighs from the 50 & 416. I don't think ill damage it but I'll give it a good workout :)

@Die Judicii Bring your biggest "Hammer" mate :)

IMG_5141.jpg

I'll be waiting for the news story ...

"Metal plate seen flying across the sky, later found embedded into a Melbourne high rise building.
Experts believe it may be piece of space junk form a decommissioned Russian satellite."
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by GQshayne » 26 Apr 2019, 8:44 pm

Well I hope other people fared better then I did, my trip was a fizzer. Unfortunately the new property I went to will never be a hunting property. It is too small, and has very little cover on it. Bummer.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 26 Apr 2019, 9:04 pm

GQshayne wrote:Well I hope other people fared better then I did, my trip was a fizzer. Unfortunately the new property I went to will never be a hunting property. It is too small, and has very little cover on it. Bummer.

Mine was great. My offsider shot a heap of bunnies and I got a deer for her freezer. And no I'm not sharing pics...:D
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 27 Apr 2019, 12:25 pm

Urastus wrote:We're off to Derby, mountain biking

How did you go at derby? Place has gone fukn mental over last couple years.

If I had have seen the post earlier, could have shown you some hidden trails to explore in some insane historical areas of NE Tas that spill eventually into Derby...one such area produces amazing blue sapphires
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by GQshayne » 27 Apr 2019, 9:22 pm

bigpete wrote:
GQshayne wrote:Well I hope other people fared better then I did, my trip was a fizzer. Unfortunately the new property I went to will never be a hunting property. It is too small, and has very little cover on it. Bummer.

Mine was great. My offsider shot a heap of bunnies and I got a deer for her freezer. And no I'm not sharing pics...:D

Good, don't wanna see pics anyway!!!!!! Sad enough already!!!! :( :(

I was lucky to have good hunting for many years, but not any more. Not Robinson Crusoe though, that is for sure.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation