Oldest and Youngest Members

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Oldest and Youngest Members

Post by Pademelon » 07 Jun 2019, 12:09 am

I know this thread is old but I thought y'all would like to know you have another young shooter here. Turned 18 this year and have my A and B license and just picked up a CZ455 .22lr Also have access to another .22lr and a 12G coach gun. Decided not to bother with Cat C. They said I have to do another safety course and would only give me a 1 year license so no point in my opinion. Been keeping busy knocking over wallaby and possum under my CPP. Looking into getting the game meat shooter accreditation and commercial licenses too.
Pademelon
Recruit
Recruit

Tasmania

Re: Oldest and Youngest Members

Post by TassieTiger » 07 Jun 2019, 1:49 pm

Pademelon wrote:I know this thread is old but I thought y'all would like to know you have another young shooter here. Turned 18 this year and have my A and B license and just picked up a CZ455 .22lr Also have access to another .22lr and a 12G coach gun. Decided not to bother with Cat C. They said I have to do another safety course and would only give me a 1 year license so no point in my opinion. Been keeping busy knocking over wallaby and possum under my CPP. Looking into getting the game meat shooter accreditation and commercial licenses too.

Welcome aboard the ship of insanity.
I was a f%* wit at 18, thought I knew s**t about the world - I knew nothing and I’m glad I didn’t have access to a firearm. Everyone matures differently though.

I too recently looked at cat C and decided against it. 1000’s of other firearms in A and B that suit the game.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation