Scomo and Buddies payrise

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Scomo and Buddies payrise

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Jun 2019, 12:27 pm

Well it didn't take long for it to happen Scomo comes home to a good pay rise also his buddies in parliament as well (GAME) also gets the feds to shake up the ABC while he's away (SET) and when he comes home he'll smooth things over to gain a few brownie points (match)
All I can say is I hope all those that voted for the libs are bracing themselves its going to be a wild ride ,Firstly he put his hand on his bosses shoulder and said ''This is my man and I fully support him'' then 2days later he knifes Turnbull in the back now he goes overseas and while he's away the feds raid the ABC and jurnos houses all of which he claims he knew nothing about ( WHAT) leaked confidential info to the ABC and the pending raid on its offices and private houses and he knows nothing about it FFS how dumb does he think people are ( opps I forgot the election) so now he'll smell of roses when he smooths it over when he gets back to his pay rise , I know some will say the ABC deserves all they get for their BS spreading but they are a cancer we need to keep, to keep the bastards honest this move by the feds and scomo was to shake the ABC and jurnos to the core by saying we can get at you anytime if you don't play the game otherwise they would have reacted with the One Nation issue but no it all played into the pending Gov hands The ABC has to be a separate entity free from gov bullying but abide to a strict code of conduct which should be in place now if scomo gets a win here well get set for a major change in laws that have been a little tricky for them to implement in the past and the loss of the little bit of freedom of speech we now enjoy ''Who said Chinese Ship ? What Chinese ship'' OH it must be lost :wtf: :thumbsup:
Member-Deleted

Re: Scomo and Buddies payrise

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 08 Jun 2019, 3:07 pm

Well the fair work commission said the lowest worker's will get a 3% pay rise... so a 2% is still lower than that.

And voted liberals, mate you do reloader in our political system there are ultimately only two options.

The ABC stuf I agree with, media be good or bad, be left or right should be free that is a basic principle of democracy.... but then looking at Trump and liberals here, I do sometimes wonder how much difference there really is between us and say China
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Jun 2019, 3:17 pm

Heh yes Ziad I think the difference is China is more up front with it not so secretive as ours and yes the fair work commission did up lower earners wage and I suppose the $200,000 to $500,000 needed a pay rise as well its tough to live on that money now days :thumbsup: :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Post by flutch » 08 Jun 2019, 10:49 pm

Politicians shouldn't be paid any more than minimum wage, they have all their expenses covered so why not, it's not like they go out of pocket for anything, they leave the independents and minor parties wear their costs while they spend taxpayer money on elaborate and complicated salary packages and pensions, I say raise the old age pension to double and make politicians cap out at $50k per annum. The honor of being in parliament is having the chance to enact change, that should be the only incentive not ridiculously high earnings. And for those who don't want to do it for 50k, that's simple, don't do it and get out of the way so someone else can.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by straightshooter » 09 Jun 2019, 7:22 am

How simple or perniciously envious do you have to be to believe that the big name politicians of any colour are in it for the parliamentary salary?
They are there to deliver power to their party organisation and the 'opportunities' it brings for the party and themselves individually.
The parliamentary salary is to keep the 'seat warmers' loyal to the party and continue to be totally compliant.
If you think politics works the way it is presented to us plebs by the media then sadly you are rather low IQ.
The only person to enter parliament with honest intentions was Guy Fawkes.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 09 Jun 2019, 8:14 am

Well I agre with your comments straightshooter.

Money always plays a part, but as evident by a few examples once they leave the parliament they usually end up on better paying jobs
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 09 Jun 2019, 8:53 am

Ziad wrote:Well I agre with your comments straightshooter.

Money always plays a part, but as evident by a few examples once they leave the parliament they usually end up on better paying jobs

I don’t know if they have to continue to work given some of their bulls**t and ongoing payment structures...not up to speed with the latest arrangements but I recall one young sitting member made three terms in one house, aged 30 - retired on $150k for rest of his life ? Or something like that.,.read it in the paper a few years back.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by flutch » 09 Jun 2019, 10:04 am

straightshooter wrote:How simple or perniciously envious do you have to be to believe that the big name politicians of any colour are in it for the parliamentary salary?
They are there to deliver power to their party organisation and the 'opportunities' it brings for the party and themselves individually.
The parliamentary salary is to keep the 'seat warmers' loyal to the party and continue to be totally compliant.
If you think politics works the way it is presented to us plebs by the media then sadly you are rather low IQ.
The only person to enter parliament with honest intentions was Guy Fawkes.

Be that the case there is no justification for their Sponging then
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jun 2019, 11:50 am

In order to attract the right candidates the pay needs to match or be greater than what they'd otherwise earn elsewhere.... even at $500,000 plus perks, some of the greatest business people won't get out of bed for that.

Pay peanuts, get moneys.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by flutch » 09 Jun 2019, 12:04 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:In order to attract the right candidates the pay needs to match or be greater than what they'd otherwise earn elsewhere.... even at $500,000 plus perks, some of the greatest business people won't get out of bed for that.

Pay peanuts, get moneys.

Lol no, not even, if someone wants to make a change and not just looking to line their pockets that's the appropriate candidate, this idea that all politicians are people who would otherwise be CFO's, CEO's and other industrial tycoons is utterly retarded. That just shows the complacency and willingness to roll over to the oligarchs that impose that mindset. It's not a job, they aren't applying for a job as head of accounting or sales, they are asking to be elected to a descision making role that Impacts law.... The very last people that should be in office are those who are completely removed from the day to day necessities and desires of the average person.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jun 2019, 12:25 pm

flutch wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:In order to attract the right candidates the pay needs to match or be greater than what they'd otherwise earn elsewhere.... even at $500,000 plus perks, some of the greatest business people won't get out of bed for that.

Pay peanuts, get moneys.

Lol no, not even, if someone wants to make a change and not just looking to line their pockets that's the appropriate candidate, this idea that all politicians are people who would otherwise be CFO's, CEO's and other industrial tycoons is utterly retarded. That just shows the complacency and willingness to roll over to the oligarchs that impose that mindset. It's not a job, they aren't applying for a job as head of accounting or sales, they are asking to be elected to a descision making role that Impacts law.... The very last people that should be in office are those who are completely removed from the day to day necessities and desires of the average person.

So we're looking for a buisnes / economic genius who's a philanthropist and would rather sit in on the top job and earn a fraction of what their capable of ?

What a wonderful Fairytale that would be.

I don't think that I'm the one here with retarded ideas here flutch.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by flutch » 09 Jun 2019, 12:34 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
flutch wrote:

Pay peanuts, get moneys.

So we're looking for a buisnes / economic genius who's a philanthropist and would rather sit in on the top job and earn a fraction of what their capable of ?

Yes because thats what we have now and in the past genius, look if you're happy throwing money at selfish c#nts then go ahead, personally that just makes you a dumb ass and a sucker
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jun 2019, 12:49 pm

flutch wrote:
on_one_wheel wrote:
flutch wrote:

Pay peanuts, get moneys.

Yes because thats what we have now and in the past genius, look if you're happy throwing money at selfish c#nts then go ahead, personally that just makes you a dumb ass and a sucker

So now I'm a dumb ass sucker for thinking that we need to spend some money to attract decent candidates?

Your intellectual lightbulb is burning bright now ... like flickering candle.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 09 Jun 2019, 12:58 pm

Naa what we should do is, have a standard wage, everyone gets the same wage as everyone else. So a CEO of commonwealth bank gets the same pay packet as a server in hungry Jack's...... and ofcourse the PM and other pollies will get the same wage.

Rotfl
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jun 2019, 1:06 pm

communism... where nobody is rewarded for putting in some extra effort, and the dribbling fool earns just as much as the person busting their balls... that would probably keep flutch happy enough to stem his flow of venom.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by flutch » 09 Jun 2019, 1:35 pm

The mere fact that you all consider parliamentary candidates the same as job seekers and employees, and that you consider parliamentary positions the same as vocational ones, shows a lack of understanding of what role lawmakers/politicians should be filling... Again, want self serving c#nts in parliament you'll just be the same old dumb ass suckers. And again, thinking that every elected politician would otherwise be a CEO or the likes shows a severe lack of awareness also, much the same as thinking that the current model of coffers stacking gives us credible candidates is incredibly naive.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by flutch » 09 Jun 2019, 1:40 pm

How you think putting public SERVANTS on a pedistal rather in the position they belong, serving the interests of the public, is astounding, no wonder the anti gun lobby wins constantly
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jun 2019, 1:47 pm

So now I'm a naive dumb ass sucker ?

You know what they say ... it takes one to know one :lol:

They also say that he who resorts to insults to bolster his argument has lost.

I guess we'd get along just fine, provided I remember that your opinion is more important than anyone else's. :thumbsup:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by flutch » 09 Jun 2019, 1:47 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:So now I'm a naive dumb ass sucker ?

I guess we'd get along just fine, provided I remember that your opinion is more important than anyone else's. :thumbsup:

Classic words of a shill
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jun 2019, 2:02 pm

flutch wrote:

Classic words of a shill

Straight back to the name calling.

Oh it burns ... such hurt. :lol:

What are you, 16 ?
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by flutch » 09 Jun 2019, 2:51 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
flutch wrote:

Classic words of a shill

Straight back to the name calling.

Oh it burns ... such hurt. :lol:

What are you, 16 ?

Done trying to avoid the direct issue shill?
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jun 2019, 2:57 pm

The irony in your comebacks is strong grasshopper.

Which direct issue are you referring to?
Is it the direct issue you have in dealing with a disagreement in a mature manner or the simple fact that your opinion is more important than anyone else's?
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 09 Jun 2019, 4:17 pm

16 year old antics coming from all parties on the last page and a half otherwise this page would not have been here so lets go to Adult age and agree to disagree gents
Member-Deleted

Post by Oldbloke » 09 Jun 2019, 8:41 pm

16 year old antics coming from all parties on the last page and a half otherwise this page would not have been here so lets go to Adult age and agree to disagree gents

Agree 100%

Dicks.jpg
Dicks.jpg (81.09 KiB) Viewed 4463 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 09 Jun 2019, 8:56 pm

Childish hey ... well at least I not a stinky old poo face :lol: :sarcasm:
images (7).jpeg
images (7).jpeg (8.7 KiB) Viewed 4461 times
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Member-Deleted » 09 Jun 2019, 10:53 pm

OLD yes STINKY yes POO FACE no , no poo on the face all poo is in the dry as a bone nappy I use for leakage :thumbsup: :D :drinks:
Member-Deleted

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 10 Jun 2019, 10:24 am

Something in read last year. That the liberal politicians were worried about their jobs as they had mortgages and loans to pay off. Rather tells you the real story.

Flutch mate, in an ideal world what you say might work. But the reality is different. Let's look at charities and not for profit sector, the workers still want a decent wage, the CEO still get paid handsomely. Cuz like normal people they have bills to pay. Even priests and the archbishop of the churches get paid a reasonable salary (I would say even the pope)

So why is your expectation that cuz they are a politician they are holier than thou and will work for free. While the PM. Might be on a decent gig, a backbencher is on around 150k. Yes the older politicians will get their benefits but the new ones don't get as many free lunches once they leave the parliament.

I think Bill started a class war in Australia..its us vs them..... and is not good tbh. The wages of someone has to be dependent upon their experience and the work skill level. But ultimately the market decides what people get paid, if it's not enough the person will move to a better paying job. Pure and simple. Or will only half heartedly do his job
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 10 Jun 2019, 4:05 pm

Even the President of the USA and their retired senators are on much less $$$ than Australia's equivalents.

President USA presiding over 330,000,000 ppl = $400k a year...
Retired president = $207k.
Last edited by TassieTiger on 10 Jun 2019, 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 10 Jun 2019, 5:53 pm

The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by marksman » 10 Jun 2019, 7:09 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Even the President of the USA and their retired senators are on much less $$$ than Australia's equivalents.

President USA presiding over 330,000,000 ppl = $400k a year...
Retired president = $207k.

and the american president donates his wage :lol: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation