Belmont and the Damned Rain

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Belmont and the Damned Rain

Post by Wm.Traynor » 26 Jun 2019, 10:03 am

RATS!!! :(
We had 70mm in the last 24 hours so Brisbane probably got about the same. Can't see the "range improvements" being completed for the middle of July, at Belmont now. Been hanging out for a shoot for a long time now. Got two rifles to test. Very important work ;) :) as you all know. RATS, to the rain :thumbsdown:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Re: Belmont and the Damned Rain

Post by RunRabbit » 26 Jun 2019, 8:12 pm

What are you wanting to test? The range is still open.
RunRabbit
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by gunnnie » 26 Jun 2019, 8:54 pm

Nah bugger that, keep raining! Send it towards Toowoomba as it's drier than a dead dingo's donger out this way.
gunnnie
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 26 Jun 2019, 10:19 pm

I hate the rain with a passion. Can’t work in it so I loose money every time it rains ..... I don’t mind hunting in it
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 27 Jun 2019, 9:42 am

RunRabbit wrote:What are you wanting to test? The range is still open.

Wanted to test a 22 and 30/30 but was put off by the "standing area only" and "portable benches". Did not think there would be much room in the standing area. A lot of people attend Belmont and there would be a long wait. Those portable benches are way too heavy for me to lug too, so I'm hanging out for a return to normal with the concrete benches and stools.
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by RunRabbit » 27 Jun 2019, 9:33 pm

That must be very recent. I was there last weekend and the benches at the top were open.
RunRabbit
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation