Where to do long range targets (gongs) in Victoria

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Where to do long range targets (gongs) in Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 05 Jul 2019, 7:15 pm

Colorado... mate you need camo jacket, camo pants, finger less gloves and misty importantly a camo jacket, minimum 10k gun plus scope etc. And obviously not be able to hit a 10inch target at 100m to fit into some types.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Jul 2019, 9:06 pm

MaximumPew wrote:Thank you Bladeracer :) I’m not some bogan redneck that wants to have ‘a free for all’ without the usual safety standards in place..if anybody bothered to notice in my original post I am in fact a qualified range officer so safety and respecting a property owner’s wishes is of course my utmost priority..as for buying my own block of land, well I might have to put that on the back burner for a while as I just bought a new z71 Colorado so I can look the part when I rock up to Little River..thanks again for all the feedback :)

There are ways...
IF you can find an ex plantation forest for sale, that is an early cycle of 2nd round plantation - then, if it's big enough and meets the defined criteria, a carbon credit contract will repay you approx $180 per hectare (this goes up and down), for a minimum of a 10 year period...again...but one of the ways to help buy some private land.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 06 Jul 2019, 10:00 pm

TassieTiger wrote:There are ways...
IF you can find an ex plantation forest for sale, that is an early cycle of 2nd round plantation - then, if it's big enough and meets the defined criteria, a carbon credit contract will repay you approx $180 per hectare (this goes up and down), for a minimum of a 10 year period...again...but one of the ways to help buy some private land.

Rose has been investigating Carbon just now, she knows a guy getting $1700 a hectare and hoping to push it even higher.
The new block we just bought is in very, very poor condition with many acres taken over by bracken and blackberry. Since it's going to take a lot of work to bring it back Rose wants to do soil sampling to see what the carbon levels are currently.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 06 Jul 2019, 11:55 pm

$1700 a hectare? What crop / carbon credit scheme is paying that?

There are another 100 ways to buy a small parcel of land - air bnb is another way, another way might be for a small club to throw in for interest only payments...I know plenty of ppl who’d throw a couple hundred a year to get away from club rules...etc etc etc etc wtc
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bladeracer » 07 Jul 2019, 12:46 am

TassieTiger wrote:$1700 a hectare? What crop / carbon credit scheme is paying that?

There are another 100 ways to buy a small parcel of land - air bnb is another way, another way might be for a small club to throw in for interest only payments...I know plenty of ppl who’d throw a couple hundred a year to get away from club rules...etc etc etc etc wtc

He sells his carbon storage privately. He plows crops back into the soil to pump up the carbon - peas, radishes and such.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation