Interesting changes to paintball laws..

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Interesting changes to paintball laws..

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Jul 2019, 2:02 pm

But GB, A computer game doesn’t have consequences - it theoretically lives and remains in the mind.
A game of Paint ball, people literally drop on the ground in pain from your shooting, your running around on adrenaline trying to not get hit, but constant banging of bullets into obstacles, around your head, reminds you, this is going to hurt - and has real consequences...emotions are running high...
On the other side of the coin maybe - if you were an adult player, you do not know whom is on the other team - imagine shooting someone in the head and it turns out that it’s a 12yr old kid, now screaming in agony from your shot....how do you feel - harden up? Don’t play ? Stuff him - he chose to play, he should know better??
How about wait til 14 or 15 when a little more maturity helps make a more informed decision.

Put it this way for those that haven’t played it - would you be happy for your 12 year olds to go to a “game” carrying your 800 feet .177 pellet rifles - shooting cotton tips at each other - wearing safety glasses?...they hurt about the same at 15 ft lol. A decent shot in the gonads and the kid won’t be paying csa...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by trekin » 08 Jul 2019, 2:23 pm

TassieTiger wrote:But GB, A computer game doesn’t have consequences - it theoretically lives and remains in the mind.
A game of Paint ball, people literally drop on the ground in pain from your shooting, your running around on adrenaline trying to not get hit, but constant banging of bullets into obstacles, around your head, reminds you, this is going to hurt - and has real consequences...emotions are running high...
On the other side of the coin maybe - if you were an adult player, you do not know whom is on the other team - imagine shooting someone in the head and it turns out that it’s a 12yr old kid, now screaming in agony from your shot....how do you feel - harden up? Don’t play ? Stuff him - he chose to play, he should know better??
How about wait til 14 or 15 when a little more maturity helps make a more informed decision.

Put it this way for those that haven’t played it - would you be happy for your 12 year olds to go to a “game” carrying your 800 feet .177 pellet rifles - shooting cotton tips at each other - wearing safety glasses?...they hurt about the same at 15 ft lol. A decent shot in the gonads and the kid won’t be paying csa...

You do understand that there are lower powered markers just for kids, don't you; https://paintballforkids.org/best-paint ... -for-kids/ I would be very surpised that ANY club/Assc would entertain the thought of letting children go into the field with the standard stuff, or let them play against adults using the same???
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 Jul 2019, 2:38 pm

Yeah Taz all that could happen but it would be a irresponsible person to let this happen for instance one would think careful consideration would be taken on who the game involved and adults involved should take care of 12yr olds playing with them same as martial arts ,boxing, football what ever sport where there is a chance of injury then it comes back to the parent/ guardian deciding whether it is appropriate for that 12yr old to join in considering any dangers involved
Member-Deleted

Post by trekin » 08 Jul 2019, 2:54 pm

Yeah Taz all that could happen but it would be a irresponsible person to let this happen for instance one would think careful consideration would be taken on who the game involved and adults involved should take care of 12yr olds playing with them same as martial arts ,boxing, football what ever sport where there is a chance of injury then it comes back to the parent/ guardian deciding whether it is appropriate for that 12yr old to join in considering any dangers involved

Quiet right there GDB, problems is, there are now too many people not wantng to take that responsibility, and are willing to let others legislate nanny state laws to absolve them of those responsibilities.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by on_one_wheel » 08 Jul 2019, 3:45 pm

Somebody think about the children :lol:
images.jpeg
images.jpeg (40.84 KiB) Viewed 4942 times

They love it.
I'd rather take my kids out for some genuine exercise playing paintball rather than letting them vegitate out playing endless gory shooting computer games while they graze on junk food.
And those red welts can be payback for being little s**ts
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 08 Jul 2019, 3:49 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:Somebody think about the children :lol:
images.jpeg

They love it.
I'd rather take my kids out for some genuine exercise playing paintball rather than letting them vegitate out playing endless gory shooting computer games while they graze on junk food.

:lol: :lol: :lol: good on ya :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Jul 2019, 4:55 pm

images.jpeg

They love it.

So what your saying without saying is... we can punish our kids now by shooting them with a paint ball marker - as long as they are over 12 and as long as we keep a receipt from the family paintball game last week (cough cough)...ok now we are on the money!!

Run you little bustard run...lol
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Jul 2019, 5:03 pm

trekin wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:But GB, A computer game doesn’t have consequences - it theoretically lives and remains in the mind.

You do understand that there are lower powered markers just for kids, don't you; https://paintballforkids.org/best-paint ... -for-kids/ I would be very surpised that ANY club/Assc would entertain the thought of letting children go into the field with the standard stuff, or let them play against adults using the same???

All I can say - they were not available at the time / place where I went - because until now, they wouldn’t have had to be - due to law dictating a 16 year min.
I can recall my 12yo pleading with me last year to have a go...wanting me to lie about his age, wanting me to sign his stat dec that he printed out...
The way it works is that you can turn up with yourself, 2 or 3 or 4 ppl - or more - but you will be assigned in with up to 10 others on your team and 15 ppl on the other team.
You have to have some trust that the ppl playing the game will not be knob jockies and the judges dictate rules like - no shooting inside 10m, only similar powered weapons on the field at same time, only certain colour paint, etc.
BUT it all goes out the window when the whistle blows...I copped a shot in the mouth guard and vomited from the paint. Someone else copped a shot in back of neck, whilst he had hand up...he lost it and ran at the shooter very angry and...it’s highly emotional and very, very charged...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by on_one_wheel » 08 Jul 2019, 5:13 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
images.jpeg

They love it.

So what your saying without saying is... we can punish our kids now by shooting them with a paint ball marker - as long as they are over 12 and as long as we keep a receipt from the family paintball game last week (cough cough)...ok now we are on the money!!

I think your getting a little carried away Tassie.
You've made your point well known that you don't like the idea of children precipitating in paintball and that's fine. I'm sure we all respect your opinion.

Personally I like the fact that we have been allowed the choice to let our children get involved if we wish. That's what freedom is made of.
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Jul 2019, 5:30 pm

on_one_wheel wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:
images.jpeg

They love it.

I think your getting a little carried away Tassie.
You've made your point well known that you don't like the idea of children precipitating in paintball and that's fine. I'm sure we all respect your opinion.

Personally I like the fact that we have been allowed the choice to let our children get involved if we wish. That's what freedom is made of.

Carried away? No mate - it’s called a joke and it’s called a IE forum. My opinion means exactly squat, exactly s**t - I’m under zero illusion there. Maybe I’ve added some info into the thread that might make ppl think a little - maybe not. It matters not either way really. It’s just an opinion garnished with a bit of sarcastic humour.

I agree, Your right about choice - that’s what it’s all about. Previous to the law change, there wasn’t a choice so I agree that’s a good thing (despite the age thing) - hopefully enough parents will be responsible enough to at least research the game before giving in to their whining and demanding kids.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by on_one_wheel » 08 Jul 2019, 5:47 pm

Sorry Tassie, I thought you were being full blown serious and about to go postal on us :lol:

I didn't realise that you were playing the devil's advocate :thumbsup:
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 08 Jul 2019, 6:57 pm

All good - not often I am serious about much :-)
Except the post. Where’s my freakin 300wm you bustards!!!!
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by bigfellascott » 08 Jul 2019, 7:53 pm

Well done to Rob and the boys from the SFFP for getting this changed. :thumbsup: :clap:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Geech » 08 Jul 2019, 9:05 pm

For a minor to be able to participate in paintball activities, they need to have written permission from a parent/guardian. Seems pretty simple that if you’re not happy with your child playing, then don’t allow them. I think it’s a good thing to allow a parent to make up their own mind about what their child can and cannot do.

You still need to be 18 to own one, so I don’t see why it’s a big deal.
Geech
Recruit
Recruit

New South Wales

Post by bigfellascott » 09 Jul 2019, 6:00 am

Geech wrote:For a minor to be able to participate in paintball activities, they need to have written permission from a parent/guardian. Seems pretty simple that if you’re not happy with your child playing, then don’t allow them. I think it’s a good thing to allow a parent to make up their own mind about what their child can and cannot do.

You are spot on mate, it's not a big deal, just turned into one by the Anti's who don't want kids to play cowboys and indians or any other game that involves firearms. I remember a few years back kids were being sent home or getting in trouble at school for drawing pictures of guns or making guns with their fingers FFS, what a retarded world we are living in when crap like that is acceptable and crap like this LGTBI AB f***ing C crap is accepted as normal. :silent: :crazy:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by TassieTiger » 09 Jul 2019, 7:55 am

bigfellascott wrote:
Geech wrote:For a minor to be able to participate in paintball activities, they need to have written permission from a parent/guardian. Seems pretty simple that if you’re not happy with your child playing, then don’t allow them. I think it’s a good thing to allow a parent to make up their own mind about what their child can and cannot do.

You are spot on mate, it's not a big deal, just turned into one by the Anti's who don't want kids to play cowboys and indians or any other game that involves firearms. I remember a few years back kids were being sent home or getting in trouble at school for drawing pictures of guns or making guns with their fingers FFS, what a retarded world we are living in when crap like that is acceptable and crap like this LGTBI AB f***ing C crap is accepted as normal. :silent: :crazy:

Haha gold. :crazy: I see what you did there :-)
So I’m an anti now - for having the opinion that it’s preferable for 12 yr old school kids to shoot real guns at clays rather than real guns at ppl...I’m anti something alright lol
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by brett1868 » 09 Jul 2019, 3:28 pm

My 13yr old expressed an interest in Paintball...I explained the pain factor involved if you get hit and that he'd have to suck it up and not take it personally or get angry. I've lost count at the number of times he's been kicked in the neck, chest or head during sparring or competition so I know he can take a hit from a paintball. Every kid is at a different level of maturity and some will have a great time and some won't but at least they now have a choice. Mine opted to take up IPSC instead cause it's more fun when the targets don't shoot back.
How's my posting?
Complaints, Concerns - 13 11 14
brett1868
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

New South Wales

Post by JSS » 09 Jul 2019, 4:10 pm

TassieTiger wrote:
My issue with paintball is that I was taught to NEVER ever point a gun, any type of gun, loaded or otherwise at anyone, at any time

Sorry guys i'm still stuck on Tassies first post......................How the f@ck are we meant to shoot people if we can NEVER ever point the gun at them? :wtf:
I thought that's what the little aiming thingies on the top of the guns were for, so we know the dangerous end is pointing at the person we want to shoot :P
Don't tell me i've been doing it wrong all this time??? :wtf:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 09 Jul 2019, 4:32 pm

bigfellascott wrote:

yeah this modern world is gettin' pretty strange .i'm in the process of building a time machine BFS, when i get it running i'll give you a lift back to "the good old daze" :lol:

and i'm not using a poncy "de lorean" like doc and marty either . gunna use a 350 HQ coupe . i'm just trying to work out how to connect the "flux capacitor" :P
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Chappo » 09 Jul 2019, 7:01 pm

Geech wrote:
and i'm not using a poncy "de lorean" like doc and marty either . gunna use a 350 HQ coupe . i'm just trying to work out how to connect the "flux capacitor" :P
[/quote][/quote]

Ha ha :lol:
I call the wood heater in my shed the flux capacitor, it runs on all kinds of garbage!!
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Chappo » 09 Jul 2019, 7:13 pm

By the way I was surprised to see this get to 3 pages so quickly!
I didn’t see it as being remotely controversial :huh:
I read somewhere one of you had played in the backyard shooting each other with air rifles!
Now my kids would have seven shades of sh!t flogged out of them if they ever did that but me and my brother also did it when we were kids but we used blue tac instead of lead pellets.

I’ve got no problem involving my kids in paintball and teaching them the difference between a paintball gun and a marlin 336. Just like I have no problem between teaching them the difference between car racing video games and driving a real car.

Wether it’s a paintball gun, a .22lr, a shotgun, car, truck, log splitter, can of beer, tennis racket or a fvckin condom my job as a parent is to expose them to the world and teach them how to survive it safely, morally and ethically......
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 10 Jul 2019, 4:49 am

Chappo wrote:By the way I was surprised to see this get to 3 pages so quickly!
I didn’t see it as being remotely controversial :huh:
I read somewhere one of you had played in the backyard shooting each other with air rifles!
Now my kids would have seven shades of sh!t flogged out of them if they ever did that but me and my brother also did it when we were kids but we used blue tac instead of lead pellets.

I’ve got no problem involving my kids in paintball and teaching them the difference between a paintball gun and a marlin 336. Just like I have no problem between teaching them the difference between car racing video games and driving a real car.

Wether it’s a paintball gun, a .22lr, a shotgun, car, truck, log splitter, can of beer, tennis racket or a fvckin condom my job as a parent is to expose them to the world and teach them how to survive it safely, morally and ethically......

Sadly mate the parenting approach and skills you listed are in short supply these days,as some people seem to leave those responsibilities to school teachers and the internet. Then when their little precious does something wrong , or can’t make serious life decisions it’s someone else’s fault or society is to blame somehow :unknown:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation