Interesting changes to paintball laws..

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Interesting changes to paintball laws..

Post by bigrich » 09 Jul 2019, 4:32 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
Geech wrote:For a minor to be able to participate in paintball activities, they need to have written permission from a parent/guardian. Seems pretty simple that if you’re not happy with your child playing, then don’t allow them. I think it’s a good thing to allow a parent to make up their own mind about what their child can and cannot do.

You still need to be 18 to own one, so I don’t see why it’s a big deal.

You are spot on mate, it's not a big deal, just turned into one by the Anti's who don't want kids to play cowboys and indians or any other game that involves firearms. I remember a few years back kids were being sent home or getting in trouble at school for drawing pictures of guns or making guns with their fingers FFS, what a retarded world we are living in when crap like that is acceptable and crap like this LGTBI AB f***ing C crap is accepted as normal. :silent: :crazy:

yeah this modern world is gettin' pretty strange .i'm in the process of building a time machine BFS, when i get it running i'll give you a lift back to "the good old daze" :lol:

and i'm not using a poncy "de lorean" like doc and marty either . gunna use a 350 HQ coupe . i'm just trying to work out how to connect the "flux capacitor" :P
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Chappo » 09 Jul 2019, 7:01 pm

Geech wrote:
and i'm not using a poncy "de lorean" like doc and marty either . gunna use a 350 HQ coupe . i'm just trying to work out how to connect the "flux capacitor" :P
[/quote][/quote]

Ha ha :lol:
I call the wood heater in my shed the flux capacitor, it runs on all kinds of garbage!!
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Chappo » 09 Jul 2019, 7:13 pm

By the way I was surprised to see this get to 3 pages so quickly!
I didn’t see it as being remotely controversial :huh:
I read somewhere one of you had played in the backyard shooting each other with air rifles!
Now my kids would have seven shades of sh!t flogged out of them if they ever did that but me and my brother also did it when we were kids but we used blue tac instead of lead pellets.

I’ve got no problem involving my kids in paintball and teaching them the difference between a paintball gun and a marlin 336. Just like I have no problem between teaching them the difference between car racing video games and driving a real car.

Wether it’s a paintball gun, a .22lr, a shotgun, car, truck, log splitter, can of beer, tennis racket or a fvckin condom my job as a parent is to expose them to the world and teach them how to survive it safely, morally and ethically......
Chappo
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 10 Jul 2019, 4:49 am

Chappo wrote:By the way I was surprised to see this get to 3 pages so quickly!
I didn’t see it as being remotely controversial :huh:
I read somewhere one of you had played in the backyard shooting each other with air rifles!
Now my kids would have seven shades of sh!t flogged out of them if they ever did that but me and my brother also did it when we were kids but we used blue tac instead of lead pellets.

I’ve got no problem involving my kids in paintball and teaching them the difference between a paintball gun and a marlin 336. Just like I have no problem between teaching them the difference between car racing video games and driving a real car.

Wether it’s a paintball gun, a .22lr, a shotgun, car, truck, log splitter, can of beer, tennis racket or a fvckin condom my job as a parent is to expose them to the world and teach them how to survive it safely, morally and ethically......

Sadly mate the parenting approach and skills you listed are in short supply these days,as some people seem to leave those responsibilities to school teachers and the internet. Then when their little precious does something wrong , or can’t make serious life decisions it’s someone else’s fault or society is to blame somehow :unknown:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation