banks and sellers

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: banks and sellers

Post by on_one_wheel » 14 Jul 2019, 7:38 am

Ziad wrote:Lol I nearly always have cash.

Same...

I've seen the EFT fall on its a$$ a few times now.

I generally like to keep around $400 cash.
That should cover fuel and food for the family for a week if needed (Hold the lobsters, French champagne and imported caviar)

After watching what happened in Grease when people couldn't access their money, I'm tempted to stash a little more aside for a rainy day.

With Australia's track record of providing a stable network connection, and power supply, we'd be mad to go cashless. :crazy:
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Jul 2019, 9:30 am

I agree 1000% but the push to go cashless is building so fast...

There are a lot of places down here that will not take cash - and don’t get me started on the phone pay / watch pay crap.

How about now group certificates now - all of my industry now will not provide group Certs...they go straight to the ATO and to access them you have to have a myGov account...and THAT system is down more than a hookers panties on payday.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 14 Jul 2019, 4:44 pm

The group certificate is push via ATO.... getting businesse to do their work for them.

I probably have a hissy fit if they tell me they don't take cash. But what does scare me is Google and Facebook...esp Facebook wanting to have access to financial records and have their own cards...its not id I don't want to use Facebook card...but as a bank thru can access my details and spending habits even without my having an account with them
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by on_one_wheel » 14 Jul 2019, 10:52 pm

Spending habits can't be tracked when your using cash.

Any buisnes that doesn't accept cash won't be getting my buisnes, new age hipster freaks.

The biggest killer of cash is us not using it. The convenience of cards, tap n go, pay wave, use ya drink bottle to pay and all that rubbish is killing cash.

Bring on the next big solar flare to wipe it all out :lol:

Keep cash alive, pull it out and use it.
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Jul 2019, 11:10 pm

Try hiring a car, getting an airline ticket, any form of insurance, buying freight logistics...try paying your child support in cash or your ATO bill lol...there was a bakery near me that tried cashless for a while,
They even have parking meters in some places that are not set up to take cash...it’s coming and I fear there won’t be much we can do because each generation moves further into automation...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Off topic - General conversation