.22lr bullet recovered from pig head

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: .22lr bullet recovered from pig head

Post by bigfellascott » 01 Aug 2019, 1:19 pm

Oldbloke wrote:I remember a mate yonks ago took 3 or. 4 shots from a 22lr to put down his dads xmas pig.

BFS, maybe sometimes its like chopping the head off a chook & letting it go for a run? Lol

Pretty much how I saw it, It was dead just the rest of the body wasn't convinced after the first shot :unknown: Some animals are like that, when one shot normally does the job some just need some extra lovin to realise it. :unknown:
bigfellascott
General
General

-

Post by bigrich » 01 Aug 2019, 6:53 pm

a few weeks ago a mate put down a cow for a farmer we know , the only rifle we had at the time was a 300 win mag ! one shot to the centre of the head and would you believe it was still kicking for a few minutes after ! the shot was good , the nervous system in a beast can be a funny thing . i've seen sharks that have been gutted and in a esky for over a hour try to swim away when put in the water and held by the tail . there was a fella up here in qld a few years ago that was bit by a brown snake after the head had been removed for some time from the body :wtf:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by Stix » 01 Aug 2019, 7:45 pm

I believe nerves are often related to brain stem damage...
I find when an animal's nerves are twitching & muscles are behaving like its still alive,, its often due to the upper spine/close to base of brain/brain stem being touched/damaged.

Head shòot a bunny with a 22lr & watch its back legs go like the clappers...

Whereas vaporise a bunny's head down past brain stem to neck with an explosive high velocity bullet & nothing happens...

Feral cats...same same...but VERY spectacular acrobatics if you nick brain stem...

Had a Roo recently...same thing...damage close to brain stem even with bulk of brain removed = back legs think they're still hopping into next paddock...

Just my observations...

Mind you...this theory goes out the window with sheep...bloody stoopid things think they're dead when they're not...& still breathe when they're dead...never understand them...from same planet as women i rekon... :? ...

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Major
Major

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 01 Aug 2019, 10:58 pm

Stix wrote:...never understand them...from same planet as women i rekon... :? ...

:drinks:

:lol: At least guns function normally every day of the month.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
Die Judicii
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation