.22lr bullet recovered from pig head

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: .22lr bullet recovered from pig head

Post by bigfellascott » 01 Aug 2019, 1:19 pm

Oldbloke wrote:I remember a mate yonks ago took 3 or. 4 shots from a 22lr to put down his dads xmas pig.

BFS, maybe sometimes its like chopping the head off a chook & letting it go for a run? Lol

Pretty much how I saw it, It was dead just the rest of the body wasn't convinced after the first shot :unknown: Some animals are like that, when one shot normally does the job some just need some extra lovin to realise it. :unknown:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by bigrich » 01 Aug 2019, 6:53 pm

a few weeks ago a mate put down a cow for a farmer we know , the only rifle we had at the time was a 300 win mag ! one shot to the centre of the head and would you believe it was still kicking for a few minutes after ! the shot was good , the nervous system in a beast can be a funny thing . i've seen sharks that have been gutted and in a esky for over a hour try to swim away when put in the water and held by the tail . there was a fella up here in qld a few years ago that was bit by a brown snake after the head had been removed for some time from the body :wtf:

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Stix » 01 Aug 2019, 7:45 pm

I believe nerves are often related to brain stem damage...
I find when an animal's nerves are twitching & muscles are behaving like its still alive,, its often due to the upper spine/close to base of brain/brain stem being touched/damaged.

Head shòot a bunny with a 22lr & watch its back legs go like the clappers...

Whereas vaporise a bunny's head down past brain stem to neck with an explosive high velocity bullet & nothing happens...

Feral cats...same same...but VERY spectacular acrobatics if you nick brain stem...

Had a Roo recently...same thing...damage close to brain stem even with bulk of brain removed = back legs think they're still hopping into next paddock...

Just my observations...

Mind you...this theory goes out the window with sheep...bloody stoopid things think they're dead when they're not...& still breathe when they're dead...never understand them...from same planet as women i rekon... :? ...

:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 01 Aug 2019, 10:58 pm

Stix wrote:...never understand them...from same planet as women i rekon... :? ...

:drinks:

:lol: At least guns function normally every day of the month.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation