Small business. Advertising

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Small business. Advertising

Post by Blr243 » 07 Aug 2019, 6:28 pm

Who here has there own business or is self employed. And what sort of advertising do you do. Which type has been more successful for you... ? I ask because I’m a tradesmen who has not had to rely on any advertising for the last couple of yrs. people have just been ringing me non stop. So I have been busy 5/6 days a week right up to my last hunt. So I have returned from the hunt to no work at all ( the last 3 days ). I’m contemplating some advertising to kick things off again. I need to pay for my expensive hunting trips / a thermal camera for my drone and for the new milling machine I bought today. So I really gotta pull my finger out and get working again
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Small business. Advertising

Post by Die Judicii » 07 Aug 2019, 7:08 pm

Without doubt, the best form of advertising is "word of mouth" and better still,,,, from your customers.
However,,,,, having said that, I have found that any advertising at all regardless of the medium, that indicates some form of freebie or extra service that would be customers can expect,, will usually start the ball rolling.
Juggle that with free advertising cost or low cost (to yourself) if you can get it is the best.

High cost "in your face" advertising is ok,,,,, so long as you can claim it tax wise etc.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 07 Aug 2019, 8:33 pm

Gumtree ads are cheap. You can join Facebook on some of the local buy swap pages and sell...or pay Facebook for some targeted advertising. A friend who is a builder uses gumtree and mostly word of customers
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 08 Aug 2019, 6:08 pm

Thanks for the replies I did some local rag ads today Generally the people responding to those ads in the past have been genuine. And not time wasters.
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation