Hello from the new guy

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Hello from the new guy

Post by Ricochet » 23 Aug 2019, 2:51 pm

Hello from a new member on the forum..
Just renewing my licence after not having one for about 15 years.. been having a quiet lurk o the forum and thought I'd sign up and say hello. Can't wait to join you guys in the all the fun.
Cheers,
Ricochet.
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Re: Hello from the new guy

Post by Blr243 » 23 Aug 2019, 8:59 pm

I had a break for about ten yrs. I just wasn’t interested for a while. The paperwork for a new licence was hell And the initial pta wait was tough. And getting places to hunt again has been hard work But now I’m just sort of rolling with it all and really enjoying the bush again
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Ricochet » 24 Aug 2019, 11:00 am

Yeah the application process is unreal, seven weeks and waiting...I called them and and was told it could be another three, and then I'll have to wait another 28 fays or so for the PTA ..I'm wondering if the staff cut at the NSWFAR was deliberate act to annoy people. They dont realise we have infinite patience, and the crims will just find illegal firearms or alternate weapons. Waste of good peoples time, Meanwhile the rabbits are doing a bloody conga line.
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 24 Aug 2019, 1:01 pm

When I did my licence application online I def got the vibe it was made complicated on purpose to encourage people to give up And there were times I felt like doing that. I really had to dig in and persevere.....it has been worth the wait. Now that I have rifles and a licence I can go hunting legally anytime I want to
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by mickb » 25 Aug 2019, 1:07 am

Welcome back mate, I left the sport for quite a few years as well
mickb
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Other

Post by Ozlad » 13 Sep 2019, 9:43 am

In the process of getting my licence also in Qld. Just completed the ID check. Is it usually smooth sailing from there? Dont want to bolt my safe down and then get rejected.
Ozlad
Recruit
Recruit

Queensland

Post by Ricochet » 17 Oct 2019, 7:02 pm

Thanks for the welcome.
Licence will be here soon, and will be applying for pta asap. Cant wait to pick up a rifle and get into the bunnies.
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Ecobogan » 18 Oct 2019, 9:18 pm

Welcome aboard mate, bottomless source of information and lively discussion round here.
You've just inherited about 8000 new family members!
Send some bunnies my way...I've eaten all mine
Ecobogan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation