Interesting fuel filter

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Interesting fuel filter

Post by Wombat » 28 Sep 2019, 10:13 am

bladeracer wrote:
Wombat wrote:There was this guy - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Coulston

Good find, but I don't think a fabricated silencer counts when we're discussing legally owning them. Legal or illegal, anybody can fabricate them, that shouldn't have any bearing on our laws.

I agree entirely. It would be interesting to see the statistics for the UK and NZ where suppressors were used or not in commission of a crime. My feeling is that they are not used despite being readily available.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Ecobogan » 28 Sep 2019, 11:10 am

Ziad wrote:https://www.amazon.com/WIX-Filters-42003-Heavy-Filter/dp/B000CSIOHQ

Mate that's different than the picture posted by blade

I may've missed your point but the filter in question is part no. 24003. You've quoted part no. 42003...an entirely different animal
Ecobogan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Ecobogan » 28 Sep 2019, 3:46 pm

bladeracer wrote:
elnino wrote:
bladeracer wrote:Colin Winchester with a suppressed 10/22 in the 80's.

Interesting - It was back when they were legal to possess.

I don't know about ACT but they were still legal in the early eighties in SA - $20 each, often a boxfull of them on the counter beside the till for impulse buyers :-)

Were they the GSA models? Pretty sure they had 'Made in Australia - stop noise pollution' stamped on the body to give an idea of the more sensible thinking of yore.
Ecobogan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by bladeracer » 28 Sep 2019, 7:17 pm

Ecobogan wrote:[I don't know about ACT but they were still legal in the early eighties in SA - $20 each, often a boxfull of them on the counter beside the till for impulse buyers :-)

Were they the GSA models? Pretty sure they had 'Made in Australia - stop noise pollution' stamped on the body to give an idea of the more sensible thinking of yore.[/quote]

I really don't remember as I never actually used it, I wasn't equipped or capable of threading a barrel back then :-)
It was quite compact, maybe eight-inches long and an inch diameter, all blued steel, with threaded end caps. The threaded end had a short extension to fit the barrel thread. I left it in Adelaide when I went back to Perth in '85.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 28 Sep 2019, 8:51 pm

Mate, you win...i am not gonna argue
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Wombat » 28 Sep 2019, 11:06 pm

bladeracer wrote:
Ecobogan wrote:[I don't know about ACT but they were still legal in the early eighties in SA - $20 each, often a boxfull of them on the counter beside the till for impulse buyers :-)

Were they the GSA models? Pretty sure they had 'Made in Australia - stop noise pollution' stamped on the body to give an idea of the more sensible thinking of yore.

I really don't remember as I never actually used it, I wasn't equipped or capable of threading a barrel back then :-)
It was quite compact, maybe eight-inches long and an inch diameter, all blued steel, with threaded end caps. The threaded end had a short extension to fit the barrel thread. I left it in Adelaide when I went back to Perth in '85.[/quote]

They sold slip on adapters for common rifles too so you didn't have to thread. I nearly bought one when in Adelaide in the mid-late 80's but luckily didn't as they were not legal in Victoria at the time.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Ecobogan » 29 Sep 2019, 1:37 pm

Ziad wrote:Mate, you win...i am not gonna argue

Haha! Don't mean to be nit picky...let's call it a draw
Ecobogan
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria