Forum outage / Back up and running

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Forum outage / Back up and running

Post by Aster » 29 Aug 2019, 8:53 am

Hi all,

As you will have noticed, we had an outage with the forum being unavailable, followed by some issues with posting.

I believe this should be fixed for all now.

I'm still checking a few things to make sure it doesn't happen again, bear with us if there are still any niggling issues, but we're on it.

(if a few people would reply to this for confirmation also that would be great :thumbsup: )
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Re: Forum outage / Back up and running

Post by bigrich » 29 Aug 2019, 9:16 am

Good to see it’s back up and running, I was starting to think “big brother “ had stepped in ........ ;)
bigrich
Captain
Captain

Queensland

Post by grandadbushy » 29 Aug 2019, 9:19 am

Yeah me too bigrich I was thinking the same thing
grandadbushy
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Queensland

Post by JSS » 29 Aug 2019, 9:52 am

If i log in through Opera with my vpn running i have no problems, but if i try to get here via google chrome like i always have i still get this.....WTF??

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by JSS » 29 Aug 2019, 10:06 am

Ok so after searching Enoughgun on google chrome i can now get on to the site if i pick an option like "centerfire rifles" for examle, but if i try to go direct to the homepage i still get the above message.
Also when i get onto the site if i click the enoughgun logo at the top of the page to refresh & go to homepage it gives me the error notice again.

This is all with google chrome. The site works perfectly through Opera. I'm running it simultaneously through both right now to check.

By the way thanks for getting things sorted Aster :drinks:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Aster » 29 Aug 2019, 10:56 am

bigrich wrote:Good to see it’s back up and running, I was starting to think “big brother “ had stepped in ........ ;)

Nothing like that.

I'll post a bit more info in due course.
Aster

-

Post by Aster » 29 Aug 2019, 10:59 am

JSS wrote:Ok so after searching Enoughgun on google chrome i can now get on to the site if i pick an option like "centerfire rifles" for examle, but if i try to go direct to the homepage i still get the above message.
Also when i get onto the site if i click the enoughgun logo at the top of the page to refresh & go to homepage it gives me the error notice again.

This is all with google chrome. The site works perfectly through Opera. I'm running it simultaneously through both right now to check.

By the way thanks for getting things sorted Aster :drinks:

A couple of things to try for Chrome, as it sounds like a cache issue.

Open a new brower, go direct to https://enoughgun.com/forum/
Hit ctrl+f5 for a hard refresh

You could also try open the forum in a Chrome incognito window, as a bit more troubleshooting.

Let me know.
Aster

-

Post by pomemax » 29 Aug 2019, 1:22 pm

JSS wrote:If i log in through Opera with my vpn running i have no problems, but if i try to get here via google chrome like i always have i still get this.....WTF??

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.

I had the same tthing i thought it was the forum till I went in via firefox no dramas so I figured it was google so i removed it and then reinstalled it all good now
pomemax
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Aster » 29 Aug 2019, 2:54 pm

If it's happening for you in one browser (probably your original one) it's almost certainly a cache issue.

Clearing your cache, or a hard refresh for Chrome like above should resolve it for you.
Aster

-

Post by JSS » 29 Aug 2019, 3:42 pm

Thanks pomemax and Aster, i tried the ctrl f5 trick first and it worked a treat. All sorted :drinks:
JSS
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 29 Aug 2019, 6:10 pm

I'm still having trouble,,,,,,, but will work on it.
What got up my nose was ,, with the "error" message it said to contact an administrator,,,,,,,, :wtf:
Unless you know an administrator personally and have his ph number or email, how the heck do you contact one when you can't get the site up or log in. ???
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
Die Judicii
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 29 Aug 2019, 9:19 pm

JSS wrote:Thanks pomemax and Aster, i tried the ctrl f5 trick first and it worked a treat. All sorted :drinks:

worked for me as well :drinks:
marksman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 29 Aug 2019, 9:38 pm

Yep, i got the Error message as well. I eventually "refresh" and page loaded, just through normal Favorites..
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 29 Aug 2019, 10:02 pm

I did the Ctrl/F5 thing and thought it worked.
That is until I shut the computer down and when restarted it reverted back to the "ERROR PAGE"

Fat lot of good that was , the only way I get back on the forum is to do everything from scratch via Mozilla,,,,, EACH AND EVERYTIME DAMM IT.

How is it that the forum has a crash,,,,,,,,,,, and it affects my computer adversely :unknown:
Die Judicii
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Aster » 30 Aug 2019, 4:27 am

Die Judicii wrote:I did the Ctrl/F5 thing and thought it worked.
That is until I shut the computer down and when restarted it reverted back to the "ERROR PAGE"

Strange it would happen again after a refresh worked (as that would imply you've received the fresh version)

Confirming, that's in Chrome you're talking about also?
Aster

-

Post by Die Judicii » 30 Aug 2019, 10:27 am

Not using Chrome anymore, now using Mozilla Firefox.
Die Judicii
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 30 Aug 2019, 12:50 pm

Die Judicii wrote:I did the Ctrl/F5 thing and thought it worked.

Fat lot of good that was , the only way I get back on the forum is to do everything from scratch via Mozilla,,,,, EACH AND EVERYTIME DAMM IT.

How is it that the forum has a crash,,,,,,,,,,, and it affects my computer adversely :unknown:

what I had to do was Ctrl/F5 then when the page come up I deleted the enoughgun bookmark and then bookmarked the enoughgun page again
the history shows the old bookmark to have a general error
marksman
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Kelsey Cooter » 30 Aug 2019, 12:52 pm

:drinks: Mine seems all good now
Kelsey Cooter
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland