For those who cut steel

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: For those who cut steel

Post by Apollo » 22 Sep 2019, 10:03 am

Stix wrote:Hey BLR...Got a pic of the advertisment or the receipt handy...?

Went in there today & couldnt see any Dewalt disks...

Maybe its only in "beautiful one day yahda yahda" land...

You didn't look very hard...

A quick look has them listed at Parafield and Prospect around Adelaide. Don't know your Postcode so searching is just a guess so I'm not going through all the Bunnings around Adelaide..

Item # 0116713

https://www.bunnings.com.au/dewalt-125- ... k_p0116713
Apollo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Blr243 » 22 Sep 2019, 11:48 am

My two local stores are now both out of stock of these promo packs so I will keep an eye out in my travels ..
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 22 Sep 2019, 12:36 pm

Apollo wrote:
Stix wrote:Hey BLR...Got a pic of the advertisment or the receipt handy...?

Went in there today & couldnt see any Dewalt disks...

Maybe its only in "beautiful one day yahda yahda" land...

A quick look has them listed at Parafield and Prospect around Adelaide. Don't know your Postcode so searching is just a guess so I'm not going through all the Bunnings around Adelaide..

Item # 0116713

https://www.bunnings.com.au/dewalt-125- ... k_p0116713

Ah righto...thanks for that...

I suck at this internet searching thing...i typed in what i typed in--there are only so many ways to spell something or write a phrase...& if search on my mobile with exact same words i get very different results...& still NO dewalt 10 packs... :unknown:

Thats why i asked for an advert or link...

I was in there yesterday & there were NO dewalt disks to be seen--but ive changed the store to the one i was in & it says they have em in stock...

Buggered if i know...

Ill go there soon & grab a couple packs...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 22 Sep 2019, 1:12 pm

The last store I checked had a heap so I grabbed them all and now they are out of stock. I now have enough discs to cut my way out of prison make myself deaf in both ears and blind in both eyes
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 22 Sep 2019, 1:38 pm

Gees BLR...how old are you...?...being a tradesman & not being deaf you must be young...!!

I just rang the store & they have them--i must have walked straight past them yesterday because naturally they are not with the normal cutting disks... :crazy:

But thats Bunnings & there store layout marketing for ya... :clap:

How many packs did you get BLR...??...i figure i should get as many as you did... :lol:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 22 Sep 2019, 2:28 pm

Fifty yrs. but for some reason I feel about 25 I don’t really get adulthood , maturity responsibilities and settling down , I think I already had about ten packs and I bought maybe 15 more this morning I figure I’m always going to be useing them and they are only ever going to become more expensive....glad you found them in your store
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 22 Sep 2019, 3:06 pm

Well thanks very BLR...you just cost me a green piece of plastic...!!!

I only got 5 packs & one for a mate to try......but now i wonder if i should get more...

My el-cheap 5" masonry blades ive had for a good while & they took a beating the other week when my quick cut decided to stay asleep so they cant have too much more life left so i also grabbed a twin pack of 5" segmented masonry blades--the individual price was $25 but the clearance price on the promo twin packs was $19...hopefully thats me for 5' grinder blades for good while...

Next time i need to buy more blades ill probably have a fit at the price... :lol:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 22 Sep 2019, 5:22 pm

U know when u have pushed a minidisc too far or twisted it wrong and it disintegrates with big and small parts everywhere? I bought some minidiscs from Aldi once and they were scary. Flew apart all the time over nothing. I threw them away because I was too scared to use them ..., I should have actually wrote to them suggesting they take them off the market for safety reasons.
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 22 Sep 2019, 5:56 pm

I was going to try the Aldi discs as they had them not long ago...but i diidnnt entirely like the look of them...

The last few metal cutting disks i have left are from a big commercial cladding company over here that i did some work for...

I used them pulling an old & very well built deck apart a litle while ago & id only get one or two 8mm or 10mm bolts cut & they would break a big chunk out of the disc but it would still stay attached...wouldnt want that in my leg...
Im lucky they largely held together that day...but i can turf the last 2 or 3 i have now..
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 22 Sep 2019, 6:33 pm

Noisydad wrote:If you get really lousy (like me) the 14” chop saw has a notch in the guard at 9” diameter, the now 9” wheel goes in the 9” angle grinder which has a notch in the guard at the 4 1/2” point where the wheel goes into the little angle grinder. The 14” wheel ends up a 2” diameter before it goes in the bin.

The differing diameter and thickness of discs all have an rpm rating per size disc,,,,, for a very good reason.

I had a neighbor once that ignored such and ended up in the emergency dept wearing half a disc stuck into his skull.
It required surgery to remove it, and the doctors were amazed that he was lucky enough to survive.
The disk simply separated into two halves due to the wrong speed.

He said that he'd used disks on various sizes of angle grinders for years,,,,, but never again after that happened.
He looked like a roman centurion gone horribly wrong. :crazy:

Your life isn't worth saving a few cheap arse bucks that way.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 23 Sep 2019, 9:15 am

I bought 5 packets, thanks blr should lay me a year i think.

I did leave 1 on the shelve just invade someone really wanted them, and paid 9 bucks per box
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 23 Sep 2019, 3:42 pm

That’s so nice of you ziad , thinking of other people. I just grabbed the whole lot for myself from the Lismore store and the Mt Gravatt store. Nasty son of a bitch I am
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 23 Sep 2019, 7:15 pm

Stix wrote:

Contrary to what you South Australian Mexicans think and believe,,,,,,,,,,

there are other places outside of SA,,,,,, and AddleAid aint the be all and end all of the world by any means.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Strikey » 23 Sep 2019, 7:23 pm

Trialled some of these DeWalt discs at work today, glad some of you are happy with them, I reckon they're s**t, using a Metabo 5"grinder they definitely cut slower than Flexovit or PFerd discs, fyi I'm a boily with near on 40 odd yrs experience :thumbsup:
Strikey
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 23 Sep 2019, 7:29 pm

Strikey wrote:Trialled some of these DeWalt discs at work today, glad some of you are happy with them, I reckon they're s**t, using a Metabo 5"grinder they definitely cut slower than Flexovit or PFerd discs, fyi I'm a boily with near on 40 odd yrs experience :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Flexovit yellow cut/grind fast
Flexovit black grind slow,, but last for fcking years.
PFerd are good all round.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 23 Sep 2019, 7:42 pm

I only tried them on Bunnings steel fence pickets. Maybe my pickets were soft. I have noticed over the last ten years mass produced steel is pumped out soft with little regard for the hardness we require sometimes in our products
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 23 Sep 2019, 7:46 pm

Dunno about you blokes,,,,,,, you can sit around talkin bout soft metal and a hard grind,,,,,,

But its a dark night and I'm off hunting (again) suckers.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Stix » 23 Sep 2019, 10:29 pm

Die Judicii wrote:
Stix wrote:

there are other places outside of SA,,,,,, and AddleAid aint the be all and end all of the world by any means.

... ... ...hmmm... ... ...
A random jumble of words being made without a sense of relativity to anything nearby... :?

Not only does this post make absolutely no sense in relation to...well...anything... :unknown: ...but i didnt say what you've edited me as saying...

But in.keeping with the feel...ill steal someone elses thoughts...

Sharks....

Lasers...

LASER SHARKS....!!!
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 24 Sep 2019, 10:52 am

Stix wrote:
Die Judicii wrote:
Stix wrote:

... ... ...hmmm... ... ...
A random jumble of words being made without a sense of relativity to anything nearby... :?

Not only does this post make absolutely no sense in relation to...well...anything... :unknown: ...but i didnt say what you've edited me as saying...

But in.keeping with the feel...ill steal someone elses thoughts...

Sharks....

Lasers...

LASER SHARKS....!!!

Whatever floats ya boat.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 25 Sep 2019, 2:11 pm

LASER SHARKS DRIVING FLOATING BOATS? Cool!
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation