Animal sentience recognised for the first time under new ACT

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Animal sentience recognised for the first time under new ACT

Post by DownunderDutchman » 26 Sep 2019, 5:46 pm

I love my dogs but I am not sure about this one, ACT just did the dope thing, and now this? Makes me wonder what's next :crazy: Make sure you walk your dogs as the fine as per ABC news is $4000.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-26/ ... d/11550946
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize. Voltaire
DownunderDutchman
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Animal sentience recognised for the first time under new

Post by Die Judicii » 26 Sep 2019, 8:25 pm

Does Alleviate the pain of an injured animal mean,,,,,,, $$$$$ spent at a vet or quite simply a bullet ?? :unknown:

And are these animals covered under the new law/s,, carnivorous or vegan ? :unknown:

I'm all for the proper caring and well being of animals,,,, its just a pity that there are f@ck wits out there that aren't like minded.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by DownunderDutchman » 26 Sep 2019, 8:55 pm

Die Judicii wrote:Does Alleviate the pain of an injured animal mean,,,,,,, $$$$$ spent at a vet or quite simply a bullet ?? :unknown:

And are these animals covered under the new law/s,, carnivorous or vegan ? :unknown:

I'm all for the proper caring and well being of animals,,,, its just a pity that there are f@ck wits out there that aren't like minded.
I am the same, I respect nature, love my dogs, but do like eating bush tucker, but this whole story is weird ass, whats next? Semi autos will be OK to own on A/B license? LOL yeah and pigs fly :D
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize. Voltaire
DownunderDutchman
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by pomemax » 27 Sep 2019, 12:12 pm

Next it will be that Tomatoes and iceberg lettuce have feeling too . Hang on they done that already eh .
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by on_one_wheel » 27 Sep 2019, 4:04 pm

"Neglect of a cat or dog would likely be considered and treated more seriously than not keeping a fish tank clean," the spokeswoman said

Where's the equality in that?
Fish have feelings to you know.

I suppose I can't kick the dog anymore when I come home from a bad day at work :unknown:
It's so much less convenient kicking a fish but I guess I better get used to it.

The pointy end of the wedge was when they said you can't punch your wife in the face, now look where that's lead us... can't even go crazy on your pets now :evil:

https://youtu.be/rksKvZoUCPQ
Gun control requires concentration and a steady hand
on_one_wheel
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by RoginaJack » 27 Sep 2019, 5:05 pm

Um, look out Vegetarians and Vegans; feeding your dog (a carnivore) vegetable diet could cop you a hefty fine.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 28 Sep 2019, 10:55 am

This reminds me of the LBTGI BS we are now having to put up with more and more each day, this will no doubt go the same way, starts at one point and ends up being a clusterfuk we are stuck with!

Starts with pets and farm animals and ends up with all animals being covered. :roll:
Last edited by bigfellascott on 28 Sep 2019, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by RoginaJack » 28 Sep 2019, 1:21 pm

+1 Exactly!
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation