How ironic

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

How ironic

Post by Die Judicii » 29 Sep 2019, 8:22 pm

Believe it or not, we are in the worst ever recorded drought in Qld,,,, and I got stuck in stinking greasy clay.
Just recently I had another dam opened up, deepened, and enlarged.
To finish the job, the excavator operator scraped all the slush mud out of the bottom and dumped it all over the top of the dam wall.
From there it flowed out in an ever increasing area just like lava, and in fact it looked a bit like lava.
It covered a track that I used to use regularly, between the dam and a fence line.

The other night I was out looking for victims, and thought I'd just drive through it and out the other side.
Sh!t easy I thought,,,,,, after all it was only bout 10" deep and rock solid underneath it, the ute should drive through easy.

WRONG,,, d!ckhead me didn't have the hubs locked in.

I got about halfway through, and two wheel drive wasn't enough.
It wouldn't go back, and certainly wasn't going forward.

So I had to get out to lock the hubs in, and ended up losing one boot in the mire, clay all over my sock, and in the other boot.

It pulled out so easy once the hubs were in,,, I was really p!ssed off that I'd made such a simple mistake of not doing it beforehand.

That f@ckin clay is so damm sticky. :oops: :oops:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: How ironic

Post by bigrich » 29 Sep 2019, 8:31 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: it's the simple things that will catch you out :unknown:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by xDom » 29 Sep 2019, 8:36 pm

“..WRONG,,, d!ckhead me didn't have the hubs locked in.”

How olds your 4x4,mate?
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by RoginaJack » 29 Sep 2019, 8:44 pm

:lol: :lol: +1 CLASSIC!
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 29 Sep 2019, 8:47 pm

100_2241.JPG
100_2241.JPG (571.62 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
xDom wrote:“..WRONG,,, d!ckhead me didn't have the hubs locked in.”

How olds your 4x4,mate?

It's an old 1993 75 Series cruiser that is unregistered that I only use on the property.

Edited to say the pic was taken several years ago (down south, where everything was green)
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Roo farmer » 30 Sep 2019, 1:45 am

Die Judicii wrote:
100_2241.JPG

How olds your 4x4,mate?

It's an old 1993 75 Series cruiser that is unregistered that I only use on the property.

Edited to say the pic was taken several years ago (down south, where everything was green)

And until anyone makes anything better to replace it with, you might as well keep using it.
Roo farmer
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Blr243 » 30 Sep 2019, 7:08 am

Once while driving my two wheel Honda thu some black soil cultivation many moons ago ........remember that certain black soils and possibly all, of them vary in their characteristics depending on how much rain it’s had..... sometimes, greasy , sometimes boggy , sometimes sticky .......it’s the sticky one that got me. Mud gathered onto my wheels, rims spokes, mudguard everything. It just continued to accumulate until the entire back end was one big clogged up mess and the engine did not have the balls to keep going I ended up burning out the clutch trying to get out of there Another time I was bogged on my quad in a wet patch and I just needed to move fwd four feet to get back on the dry again. But do u think I could push or pull it there to safety. No way. Me and the dog had a long walk that afternoon But she did not care or realise we were bogged. As we started walking away from the quad she got keen because she thought we were going pig hunting
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by bigpete » 01 Oct 2019, 6:25 pm

How olds your 4x4,mate?

Clearly old enough be an actual,decent 4x4 lol
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by marksman » 01 Oct 2019, 6:30 pm

here skippy :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

we all have these moments when we know we know better :thumbsup: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation