My 2c worth

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: My 2c worth

Post by Noisydad » 24 Oct 2019, 7:31 am

Blr243 wrote:I think it was Bruce lee who said ABSORB WHAT IS USEFUL AND IGNORE WHAT IS NOT( something like that ). On this forum I soak up the good info and attitude like a sponge , and I’m completely oblivious to the garbage With this line of thinking it wouldn’t bother me if it were 25 % great and 75 % not because I’m oblivious to the latter

Walk around the mud hole - if you wade through it you're going to get dirty!
There's still a few of Wile. E Coyote's ideas that I haven't tried yet.
Noisydad
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 24 Oct 2019, 9:34 am

And another expression that comes to mind Is .....idle minds are easy prey for the devil
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Oct 2019, 10:06 am

Many people join forums for different things... and for different reasons move on. There was talk of another forum started by a member here.

Its just normal... sometimes people get upset over what's said by someone else... they can either get over it or move on. I know a couple people who have moved on due to the ramblings of fluffy and homer etc.

Actually haven't seen much of homer later... but i know he is around
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigfellascott » 24 Oct 2019, 10:12 am

Ziad wrote:Many people join forums for different things... and for different reasons move on. There was talk of another forum started by a member here.

Its just normal... sometimes people get upset over what's said by someone else... they can either get over it or move on. I know a couple people who have moved on due to the ramblings of fluffy and homer etc.

Spot on, learn to deal with it and get over it ASAP - no point getting all bitter and twisted over something some says that you've never met. End of the day it's their opinion on what they have said, you can either accept that opinion or not it's your choice but to let yourself get that upset over it is a bit silly. We've had plenty of discussions/opinions mate, I don't let it upset me at all I just say what I've got to say and move on and no doubt you and others here are the same but for some reason some people just can't let things go and really take it to heart I guess, thank god I'm not one of em. :drinks: :friends:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Oct 2019, 11:10 am

Thanks.... also sorry my phone autocorrected... i meant flutch... but fluffy sounds better
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Bill » 24 Oct 2019, 1:47 pm

Blr243 wrote:And another expression that comes to mind Is .....idle minds are easy prey for the devil

So true, also many of the numpties on forums these days are retired lonely pensioner types, easily offend, fountains of knowledge and usually spelling and gramar nazi's to boot :lol: :drinks:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 24 Oct 2019, 3:36 pm

bigfellascott wrote:
Ziad wrote:Many people join forums for different things... and for different reasons move on. There was talk of another forum started by a member here.

Spot on, learn to deal with it and get over it ASAP - no point getting all bitter and twisted over something some says that you've never met. End of the day it's their opinion on what they have said, you can either accept that opinion or not it's your choice but to let yourself get that upset over it is a bit silly. We've had plenty of discussions/opinions mate, I don't let it upset me at all I just say what I've got to say and move on and no doubt you and others here are the same but for some reason some people just can't let things go and really take it to heart I guess, thank god I'm not one of em. :drinks: :friends:

+1 fellas
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 24 Oct 2019, 3:40 pm

Bill wrote:
Blr243 wrote:And another expression that comes to mind Is .....idle minds are easy prey for the devil

So true, also many of the numpties on forums these days are retired lonely pensioner types, easily offend, fountains of knowledge and usually spelling and gramar nazi's to boot :lol: :drinks:

that's about right bill :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i've picked up a lot of good tips and info and had some good conversations on this site , i'm not going anywhere , i look forward to some of the posts by characters on here , especially stix well written comedy posts :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Bill » 24 Oct 2019, 5:58 pm

Gee's Bigrich I had you picked for a knowlegable young fella ;) :drinks:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by flutch » 24 Oct 2019, 6:01 pm

Ziad wrote:Thanks.... also sorry my phone autocorrected... i meant flutch... but fluffy sounds better

really must've lodged an entire sandbag in your vag ziad for you to be making slanderous attacks on threads at random...
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by bigrich » 24 Oct 2019, 6:33 pm

Bill wrote:Gee's Bigrich I had you picked for a knowlegable young fella ;) :drinks:

\not young, not old , 51 in january. your only as old as the woman your feeling......... ;)
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 24 Oct 2019, 6:35 pm

flutch wrote:
Ziad wrote:Thanks.... also sorry my phone autocorrected... i meant flutch... but fluffy sounds better

really must've lodged an entire sandbag in your vag ziad for you to be making slanderous attacks on threads at random...

he's right though , fluffy does sound better :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

sorry mate , couldn't help myself ;) :drinks: :friends: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Oct 2019, 6:39 pm

Ahh big... i was truly enjoying fluffy free forum..... why did you have to quote him...haha

Anyway to make me feel better.... YouTube "pinkn fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows"

Edited for clarity
Last edited by Sergeant Hartman on 24 Oct 2019, 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 24 Oct 2019, 6:44 pm

Ziad wrote:Ahh big... i was truly enjoying fluffy free enlighten
Enoughgun.... why did you have to quote him...haha

Anyway to make me feel better.... YouTube "pinkn fluffy unicorns dancing on rainbows"

mate, ya gotta disconnect the auto correct on ya phone but :lol:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by rsj223 » 26 Oct 2019, 5:41 pm

I haven't been on here because I've only been using my phone and nothing has changed, hope it has not changed to much
rsj223
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation