Magic Happens

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Magic Happens

Post by Wm.Traynor » 27 Nov 2019, 12:09 pm

Last night, the 12 yo DVD erased recorded programmes while scrolling up, looking for something we were going to watch :shock: So we watched another recorded programme and when the STOP button was presses that was deleted too. Went to bed expecting to need a new machine but the lady at the repair shop said to take the remote apart.
Apparently, the DVD only responds to its signals and she reckoned a button might be stuck in the down position. So, I operated. It resisted but I persevered only to find that nothing seemed to be wrong.
HA!! You all say. How the Hell would you know anyway you Luddite.
You're right. I put it back together hoping for the best but I installed new batteries.
And guess what?! The damn thing not only worked but ALL the deleted programmes were back :o :o :o :D

How Astonishment :clap:
Thank you shop lady :drinks:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Re: Magic Happens

Post by No1Mk3 » 27 Nov 2019, 2:40 pm

Teknolojy, great stuff! I remember when remote control was conning someone else to get up and change the channel! Must say it was very nice of the shop lady to tell you to try cleaning the remote rather than taking your DVD and remote then charging to "service" the unit, makes for return customer that kind service. (SOME gunshops take note!!!) Cheers.
No1Mk3
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 27 Nov 2019, 4:39 pm

That it does No1 and I rang her up and thanked too, don't worry :thumbsup:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 27 Nov 2019, 4:40 pm

Back in the 70s I had the misfortune of sharing a 2br flat with a bloke that turned out to be a halfwit.
He was getting ready to go to a dance and proceeded to start ironing a pair of jeans.
He had this old iron,,,,, and the moment he plugged it in it blew the fuse (when fuse wire was used)
I said you'll have to redo the fuse now,,, but he had no idea how to do it.
So I showed him how, and restored power.

Several days later, he decided to iron a shirt,,,,,,,,,,, and you guessed it, out comes the old iron again.
He was about to plug it in and I said,,,, hang about, don't you remember what happened last time??

His reply was, "Yeah but that was nearly a week ago, it should be right by now"

:wtf: :crazy: :shock:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 27 Nov 2019, 5:00 pm

Don't tell me he procreated and his offspring is a greenie Or a teacher (no offence to good teachers, there are plenty of you still around)
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Wm.Traynor » 27 Nov 2019, 7:06 pm

That is passing strange, Die Judicii.
Hmmm. The 70s you say. Didn't notice any funny smells coming from your friends room , did you mate :sarcasm: ;) :lol:
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by marksman » 27 Nov 2019, 8:10 pm

very funny story :clap: :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Die Judicii » 27 Nov 2019, 9:36 pm

Ziad wrote:Don't tell me he procreated and his offspring is a greenie Or a teacher (no offence to good teachers, there are plenty of you still around)

LOL,,,, as a matter of fact I think he eventually did, but he was also sucked in by the local "Happy Clappers" (scary thoughts)
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation