NSW Bushfires the result of climate change

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: NSW Bushfires the result of climate change

Post by Die Judicii » 22 Dec 2019, 8:11 pm

Bill wrote:Bush fires and drought are part of this countries DNA, whats lacking is a cohesive dialogue between the Feds and States over ways to deal with fires.

We should have put together a Squadron of 12 Hercules fire retardant bombers a long time ago.

Base them in Alice Springs or Broken Hill, moth balled but ready to go any summer. Wouldnt have cost alot either.

:wtf: :wtf: :wtf: That sounds dangerously like COMMON SENSE.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 22 Dec 2019, 8:24 pm

flutch wrote:TECHNICALLY, Technically, If they want to blame anything for it we can thank the Aborigines. After they killed off the Mega Fauna the remaining lush forests rapidly declined into the eucalyptus dominated bush land we are used to now, their fires also didn't help. combination of a loss of canopy bearing trees, micro climates therein and subsequent rainfall combined with unseasonable fires (lit by humans), caused the mass erosion of some areas that further affected rainfall. its nothing to do with "climate change" but it is in part to blame on mankind.

" If they want to blame anything for it we can thank the aborigines."

:wtf: > Enter Pauline,,,,,, "PLEASE EXPLAIN" ?

The land was managed successfully for how long, before white fellahs arrived ?? (and without changing major waterways or drainage)
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 22 Dec 2019, 8:28 pm

Ricochet wrote:Whats happening now is all the fault of the greens party. We are always going to have bushfires but with severely restricted back burning or none at all thanks to the greens the fuel lading is off the charts and now we get raging monsters that kill all the seeds and bacteria that help the bush live its cycle.

Gold, Gold, Gold, + 3
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 22 Dec 2019, 8:36 pm

bigfellascott wrote:What's the bet this is all leading up to some sort of "fire levy" being applied to every australian household in the not to distant furture.

This has already been in place for a while in most council areas across Aus Mate.
Some call it the "Emergency Services Levy", while insurance companies call it "increased premiums"
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by bigfellascott » 22 Dec 2019, 8:40 pm

Die Judicii wrote:
This has already been in place for a while in most council areas across Aus Mate.
Some call it the "Emergency Services Levy", while insurance companies call it "increased premiums"

Yeah I know mate, I reckon they will introduce a 1 off Levy to help with it. The firies are already asking for more funding for more resources so don't be surprised if they announce something sooner than later. :thumbsup:
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation