Good onya Pauline - she's a true Aussie

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Good onya Pauline - she's a true Aussie

Post by bigfellascott » 19 Dec 2019, 1:10 pm

Finally some truth coming from the Big White House!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
bigfellascott
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

-

Re: Good onya Pauline - she's a true Aussie

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 19 Dec 2019, 1:43 pm

Really had that crowd in the palm of her hand! An orator she isn't. Spose she means well

Had to laugh at Pauline last night - saw her on the the tv telling some young Aboriginal kids she was indigenous too cos she was born in Qld. They laughed too. Saying youre indigenous because you were born here is like saying rabbits are native animals because they were born here. (Please dont Google a dictionary definition and post it to prove a point).
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Tank » 19 Dec 2019, 2:19 pm

allthegearandnoidea wrote:Really had that crowd in the palm of her hand! An orator she isn't. Spose she means well

Had to laugh at Pauline last night - saw her on the the tv telling some young Aboriginal kids she was indigenous too cos she was born in Qld. They laughed too. Saying youre indigenous because you were born here is like saying rabbits are native animals because they were born here. (Please dont Google a dictionary definition and post it to prove a point).

Um.....no.....that’s not even close to a decent analogy.
Bit like us paying for the wrongs of our ancestors. That’s bulls**t for sure.
Keep calm......and hold centre of mass.
Tank
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Patriot » 19 Dec 2019, 2:25 pm

Considering what has been done to her over the years, I reckon she’s the toughest politician going around. Ya gotta admire her guts. She’s probably the only Queensland senator in parliament that actually represents and fights for Queenslanders.
Patriot
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 19 Dec 2019, 2:36 pm

Sorry Tank don't follow you - Indigenous does not equal born here - I'm not sure what you mean about paying for our ancestors' wrongs - Why do you bring that into the equation. I don't feel any personal guilt for what my ancestors did and nor do I have any personal pride in what they may have done either. Acknowledgement, however, is another story.
BTW I think the rabbit analogy is spot on for those caucasians who insist they are indigenous because they were born here - talk about identity politics - SAD
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 19 Dec 2019, 3:31 pm

Tbh in this day and age, if Pauline self identifies herself as an aborigine, who am I or you to make a fuss. I mean she wanted she could identify as a man and by law we cannot do anything about it..... maybe that's why she wrote that speech.... I mean he has written that speech
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by allthegearandnoidea » 19 Dec 2019, 3:38 pm

Haha - very true Zlad
allthegearandnoidea
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 19 Dec 2019, 4:23 pm

l've always liked Pauline and this speech shows what she is about :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by xDom » 19 Dec 2019, 4:39 pm

Never been a massive fan of Pauline but that was a bloody great speech she made.
xDom
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Wapiti » 19 Dec 2019, 6:29 pm

Pauline is the only leader pushing for water reform, new dams, and farmers.

The Nationals are hiding (sound of crickets at dusk), SFFP made big noises in the election campaign but have done SFA since (we knew it was all BS), and the Libs are do obsessed with surpluses and the insanity of the measures released so far are stunning.

On arguing about black or white or indigenous, the sooner the Woke see everyone as equal, and so do those with the big chips on their shoulders, the sooner equality will happen. White, yellow, black, all the same. It's only the attitudes that are holding some back.
Wapiti
Private
Private

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation