MERRY XMAS

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

MERRY XMAS

Post by bigrich » 24 Dec 2019, 7:14 pm

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all you forum members , hope you and your family's are happy and well

thanks for your advice and opinions fellas , and god bless :D :thumbsup:

i've had my dinner , now i'm going out on the back patio to drink a good single malt scotch , smoke a cigar ( only on special occassions do i smoke ) , and watch the thunderstorms roll in . hope the rest of youse get your share soon too

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Re: MERRY XMAS

Post by Die Judicii » 24 Dec 2019, 8:13 pm

Thanks Mate, and the same wishes I extend to you and all other Members.

I just got the best Chrissie present I could've hoped for,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, a thunder storm, and I actually got a bit wet.
Thank you big fellah upstairs. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Stix » 24 Dec 2019, 8:15 pm

Nicely said my big rich coopers & single malt sipping man... :thumbsup:

And seconded...merry xmas to all... :) :drinks:

Hey Richo...got any left overs...?...i havnt had my dinner yet... :roll:

Cheers to you mate... :thumbsup:
Enjoy that malt--ill have to get some grub in me & then i think ill join you--(minus the thunderstorms).
All the best... :)
:drinks:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 24 Dec 2019, 8:24 pm

This has my tick of approval, it’s nice and smooth. Creeps up on you too :crazy:

:lol:

I love Xmas. I’d shout Santa a few , but he might get done for DUI and all the kiddy’s would be disappointed

Big rich signing off , over and out. 10-4 :lol:
Attachments
image.jpg
This is a very nice batch of single malt
image.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 2696 times
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Wm.Traynor » 24 Dec 2019, 8:26 pm

:thumbsup: Merry Christmas to you too, bigrich
Wm.Traynor
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Queensland

Post by marksman » 24 Dec 2019, 9:14 pm

a merry xmas to all
l hope you get what you want :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by tom604 » 25 Dec 2019, 12:08 am

Merry Christmas all :thumbsup:
tom604
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

South Australia

Post by wanneroo » 25 Dec 2019, 1:57 am

Merry Christmas everyone, hope everyone is having a nice holiday and enjoying family, friends or quiet time yourself. And I hope people are getting rain if they need it. Good to be able to talk to folks down under in Australia since I don't get as much a chance to do that these days.

We got snow here several times along with a few weeks of cold, but this week strangely it's warmed up to about 5C and is supposed to be that way for a week or so. We still have snow on the ground but probably a lot of it will disappear this week, which is probably fine as maybe I can get out and do some shooting. Planning on having a quiet Christmas here, making fried chicken tomorrow for dinner.
Attachments
IMG_4442(1).JPG
IMG_4442(1).JPG (1.86 MiB) Viewed 2677 times
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Oldbloke » 25 Dec 2019, 8:08 am

xmas.jpg
xmas.jpg (284.59 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 25 Dec 2019, 8:11 am

Merry Christmas everybody

God Bless you all

Stay safe
:-)
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by wrenchman » 25 Dec 2019, 8:20 am

i came here today to wish every one a good Chistmas bigrich i have not seen singleton sold her i have been wanting to try it.
wrenchman
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Blr243 » 25 Dec 2019, 9:03 am

Merry Christmas everybody. Food, beer,relaxation, being super nice to everyone, drive safe, avoid shopping centres , cuddle your dog
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 25 Dec 2019, 6:58 pm

wrenchman wrote:i came here today to wish every one a good Chistmas bigrich i have not seen singleton sold her i have been wanting to try it.

Well i havent tried the specific label that BigRich has, but ive tried a couple of the others, & im not much of a fan to tell the truth...
I think they rate in the 'good mixer' stakes myself...

But then, im a Speyside Man through & through--after all, if you're going to drink mothers milk, you may as well suck the teit of a good mother.. :lol: :D ...not a huge fan of the Highland malts but will drink them...& i cant stomach the Islay malts--still got a couple of bottles of Bowmore, a Laphroig & a full uncracked bottle of the trusty ol' head exploding Lagavulin thats waiting for a day where i feel like going skydiving with a dodgey packed parachute... :lol:
Next bottle of Ardbeg i get iim saving for a driving trip up to Queensland...i rekon it'll deliver incredible miles to the gallon, as its not too far off what i imagine deisel would taste like...!!!... :lol:

It was hard to find a bad Speyside Malt...that is until the taste masters at Glenlivet dunked their tongue in a glass of boiling hydrochloric acid before they decided to release their latest bottle of cats piss...

The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by bigrich » 25 Dec 2019, 7:22 pm

there's not many highland distillerys left stix , try glenmorangie , "the original" . smooth as . it's almost like liquor compared to other scotchs . about 10 years ago i tried a batch of glenfiddich that was done by a "malt master" , limited batch , signed by the malt master . it was 15 years old , aged in sherry casks and was the best scotch i've ever tried . i like the speyside blends too stix , i;ve tried the island peat blends , not really to my tastes . i got a bottle of jameson's irish whiskey that was special limited or something years ago . i don't remember much about that night . haven't seen another bottle like that since ;)

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:

oh ,yes. merry xmas :D
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 25 Dec 2019, 7:25 pm

wrenchman wrote:i came here today to wish every one a good Chistmas bigrich i have not seen singleton sold her i have been wanting to try it.

i've never tried singleton before either . this bottle was a signed malt master batch , that was in a discount bin at my local bottl'o for $50 :wtf:

bloody glad i bought it , it's one of the best i've ever had :D
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 25 Dec 2019, 7:30 pm

hey stix, i just checked the back of that singleton bottle , she's a speyside scotch wee laddie , hoots toots , och aye . :lol:

dinn-ah tell yer she's a wee ripper :drinks:
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Stix » 25 Dec 2019, 11:40 pm

Ah BigRich...lets make a point of never getting together mate...if we do, the coroner might be left with the conclusion it was 'a double suicide by malt'... :lol:

Ok..seriously...yes mate ive tried all the GM's...if you think the original is smooth, you should try the Port & Sherry cask aged ones...they are pretty good for their price point (or atleas they were when i tried them years ago when they were first released)...

If you want a smooth Whisky...you should try one of my favourites...
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/D ... isky-700ml
But make sure its chilled...!!--just remember...room temp in Scotland is what we have our fridges set to here...!!
A couple of sips of that one & you'll forget about sex mate...!!... :thumbsup:

And on the Singleton num,ber--i thought it was a Speyside malt--i have a couple of empty bottles somewhere (thats why i bought them), but i googled the label you posted & it came up with a Highland Malt... :unknown:
At that point i wondered if it was one of those "manufactured Labels" that the big supoermarkets bring in as their own product with their own crappy named made up label...

I have a couple of books on Scotch distilaries & their best known malts, but cant locate them ATM...when i come accross the good one, ill look up this Singleton drop & see if its a real one...
Does it list a distilarry on the label, or just a "bottled in Aust for...bla bla..."...

I did first see that singleton malt overseas on the way back from Portugal, well before it made its way here, & back in the days i had some small amounts of spare cash...but i didnt buy it--glad i didnt too...!!i got a couple of malts id not heard of before from smaller lesser known distilleries, that were absolutely amazing...they wernt any of this globally marketed rubbish, just true authentic old sckool malts from smaller vats that were hard to not smash in a single sitting they were so nice... :thumbsup:

From memory, Glen Elgin (or something like that) was one of them...the bottle cost me SFA, & i expected it to be rubbish, which probably helped in it turning out to be one of the most enjoyable drops ive ever had...!!

Just googled it & it came up--obviously bought into Aust now--but it was unheard of (id never seen it on any shelf here) when i bought it in Portugal...!!!
Here tis...!!!
https://www.danmurphys.com.au/product/D ... isky-700ml

Bloody pricy...!!!...rekon i payed $15 for it--wish id bought a case of it now...!!!...but you never know what any given bottle is going to be like eh...!!??...& i guess thats part of the mystery, & the joy of the experience...

Hopefully one day ill get to see a Qld thunderstorm rolling in while sipping mothers milk...

OK...as my incredibly wonderful, & deeply missed Scotch Grandparemts used to say..."Cheerio"...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by 9.3x64 » 26 Dec 2019, 6:27 am

Merry Christmas to all, stay safe.
9.3x64
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by bigrich » 26 Dec 2019, 9:12 am

The singleton batch I’ve got is distilled and bottled in Dufftown, Keith, Banffshire. I ONLY buy scotch that’s bottled in Scotland

I’ Give that cragganmore and glen elgin a go stix thanks for the referral
Attachments
image.jpg
Mothers milk stix
image.jpg (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2429 times
bigrich
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation