Does everyone know we have scorpions in Australia?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Does everyone know we have scorpions in Australia?

Post by Blr243 » 02 Jan 2020, 10:54 am

Walking back in the dark last night this one caught my eye. I have seen them at Canungra Stanthorpe and now west of Goondiwindi
Attachments
986A4914-BFC4-4817-9177-FF9FB58FC5C6.png
986A4914-BFC4-4817-9177-FF9FB58FC5C6.png (89.79 KiB) Viewed 2085 times
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Does everyone know we have scorpions in Australia?

Post by RoginaJack » 02 Jan 2020, 11:46 am

and centipedes too ... :o
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by marksman » 02 Jan 2020, 1:20 pm

l have found several in my house over a few years down here on the bellarine peninsula vic :thumbsup:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 02 Jan 2020, 4:03 pm

I picked up an arm full of fire wood on a stock camp one night and got hit on the inner arm just below the elbow and yes they do hurt and I mean big time makes the arm tingle for awhile mine hurt for about 4hrs after that it felt bruised around the sting for a few days
Member-Deleted

Post by Wombat » 02 Jan 2020, 5:27 pm

Plenty in Central Victoria.
Wombat
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by bigrich » 02 Jan 2020, 6:11 pm

yeh blr , i've seen a few scorpian's , there are also some centipedes in australia that have a nasty sting as well

:drinks: :drinks: :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Ferrisweil » 02 Jan 2020, 6:12 pm

Apparently the smaller they are the worse the sting. Have seen quite a few around Moonie etc
Ferrisweil
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by GQshayne » 02 Jan 2020, 7:51 pm

Got them at my place on the Sunshine Coast. Small brown ones that will ache a lot for about 12 hours. To be avoided if possible!
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 02 Jan 2020, 11:56 pm

Yep,,,,,,,,, dunno where you've been BLR,,,,,, but they are quite common.
The smaller/finer they are,,,,, the bigger the wallop when they get ya.

Interesting point for those that don't know,,,,,,,,,,,,, they glow under a black light.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 03 Jan 2020, 6:35 pm

The white ones around south of Warwick Qld will f*ck you up good. That's the first lesson I learned from an old firewood cutter I used to work with.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 03 Jan 2020, 7:19 pm

Word got out amongst the scorpions that people in Warwick were chopping up wood with scorpions inside and that the scorpions in the firewood logs ended up getting burned alive .....so the Warwick scorpions wanted revenge and decided that they were from then on going to be the nastiest baddest mob around
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 04 Jan 2020, 8:53 am

Blr243 wrote:Word got out amongst the scorpions that people in Warwick were chopping up wood with scorpions inside and that the scorpions in the firewood logs ended up getting burned alive .....so the Warwick scorpions wanted revenge and decided that they were from then on going to be the nastiest baddest mob around

:D :D :D Maybe.
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Gamerancher » 05 Jan 2020, 6:05 pm

My son, 5 y/o at the time, was telling his kindergarten class about me describing a large scorpion I had encountered on a trip through the Great Sandy Desert. His teacher interrupted him telling him that, "his daddy was telling a bit of a fib as there were no scorpions in Australia". Needless to say he came home from school very upset that his teacher had called me a liar, I promptly went down the back paddock, rolled the bark off a couple of logs and caught 3 live scorpions. These were sent to school the next day, sealed in a jar, to show the teacher what an ignorant f*ckwit they were. Instead of admitting that they were an idiot with no idea and apologising to my son, we got a reprimand from the school for sending "dangerous" animals to school. We removed him from that school.
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by bigrich » 05 Jan 2020, 8:20 pm

Gamerancher wrote:My son, 5 y/o at the time, was telling his kindergarten class about me describing a large scorpion I had encountered on a trip through the Great Sandy Desert. His teacher interrupted him telling him that, "his daddy was telling a bit of a fib as there were no scorpions in Australia". Needless to say he came home from school very upset that his teacher had called me a liar, I promptly went down the back paddock, rolled the bark off a couple of logs and caught 3 live scorpions. These were sent to school the next day, sealed in a jar, to show the teacher what an ignorant f*ckwit they were. Instead of admitting that they were an idiot with no idea and apologising to my son, we got a reprimand from the school for sending "dangerous" animals to school. We removed him from that school.

good for you mate , it's high time "educated" idiots are exposed for what they are :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation