SCAMMER >>>>>>> BEWARE

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

SCAMMER >>>>>>> BEWARE

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Jan 2020, 4:31 pm

Shortly after advertising a firearm on Usedguns.com.au I received an email from,,, and I quote,

"www.Used-guns.com.ausupport@used-guns.com.au"

This email was supposedly sent from Mark Anderson, Ph +61 0290617107

The email was offering FREE advertising on this,, their new site for a period of up to 12 months, and all you need to do is reply with
details concerning your firearm and its serial number, your name, your email, and other contact information etc.

I have contacted Usedguns via their actual site and asked if the above mentioned was true,, or a scammer.

I received their reply which in essence said,,,, It is a scammer with a copy cat web site,, and has no connection to the genuine Usedguns.

So BEWARE, BEWARE, BEWARE,

I also received an SMS offering almost exactly the same,, from ? Ozzie Gun Sales.
I did not bother to try and verify it, and simply don't know if it was genuine or not.
I just deleted it.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: SCAMMER >>>>>>> BEWARE

Post by bigrich » 08 Jan 2020, 4:44 pm

thanks for the heads up mate :thumbsup:
bigrich
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 08 Jan 2020, 4:46 pm

I get calls texts or emails now and then that are obviously scams. How bloody dumb are they if they can’t even get the first sentence right without us being suspicious
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by GQshayne » 08 Jan 2020, 7:18 pm

Thanks for the heads-up.
GQshayne
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 08 Jan 2020, 9:53 pm

what a world we live in

thanks for the heads up :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 09 Jan 2020, 6:32 am

Actually it's a known fact that most online scammers use dodgy broken English. The idea behind it is if people do not to care about the spelling or grammar they are more likely to believe the scam is real.

If you want a bit of a laugh, see videos of James Veitch, he actually emails back and had a conversation with the scammers. Very funny
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Am88 » 14 Jan 2020, 9:37 am

I received a text from a bloke, aussieshooter.com.au, his website looks fine to me, I asked what the go is and he said he's trying to start up and offering free advertising, he's got plenty of things up for sale already and when I asked about the sight and why he's offering free ads he said because he had heard alot of people are fed up with the 2 main sites which I can related to so he started one, it's not a dodgy phone number, email doesn't seem dodgy, so dunno, might give him a go.
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by No1_49er » 14 Jan 2020, 10:01 am

Am88. Go to this web-site and check his ABN. https://abr.business.gov.au/
You will find that it belongs to William Mitchell, active from 13 Dec 2019, not currently registered for GST, and located at SA5233.
Seems legit'.
Proud member of "the powerful gun lobby" of Australia :)
No1_49er
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Am88 » 14 Jan 2020, 11:13 am

Well that coincides with his email so good, bugger it I did it, emailed him details and pics, he posted them straight away for me and they are now on the website I have checked, said I will recommend him to all my mates and let people know, so he seems legit to me that's 3 adds for free. Happy as, someone should promote him.
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation