Australasian Survivalist Guild (ASG)

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Australasian Survivalist Guild (ASG)

Post by Beechy » 02 Mar 2014, 6:13 pm

Hello there,

My buddies and I down here in Vic have incorporated an association aimed at promoting survivalism. It began as a lobby group to promote the safe and legal collecting of blowguns, but has expanded and been renamed due to increasing interest in other hobbies and lifestyles (ones you are all familiar with) we promote. To begin with, we wish to begin publishing a monthly or bi-monthly journal covering survivalist culture. We have also set-up the foundations for a 'volunteer arm' of the organization which aims to provide support to our emergency services (SES, CFA etc.) , as well as putting bush-craft and survivalism into practice. Hopefully we will have access to modest funding when applications recommence next year.
One member described what we are doing as 'boy scouts for adults', and that sounds pretty good to us...

This wasn't meant to be a plug, rather a request for 'expression of interest'. If there is anyone that would like to be involved, if enoughgun.com would like to endorse or be endorsed, or anyone would simply like some more info, I look forward to reading your replies.

"...self preservation should probably take precedence over attempting to affect global attitudes and change. The model of 'humanitarianism and environmentalism' , while honorable and benevolent, seems to render itself inactive in its attempt to effectuate change - as it totally disregards the basic theory of nature and how it works. It becomes difficult to ignore Darwinism when it seems to unfold right in front of us. The world may very well be a better place if we were all totally selfless - but we should finally accept that even the most selfless and sacrificial act of kindness or charity, in human nature, is simply self-gratitude; a selfish act. That can easily be accepted, but the debate begins when we throw in morality and perception. We come to the conclusion that if we cannot successfully be selfless, why not embrace our most powerful and ultimately selfish instinct of survival? If each looks after himself, no-one requires looking after. Thus the ultimate human empowerment...." - ASG INC.

Cheers!

http://www.australasiansurvivalistguild.com
"Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
Remington 700 TAC21 308 - H&R Tamer/ATI 410 - Winchester 94 22M
www.australasiansurvivalistguild.com
Beechy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Re: Australasian Survivalist Guild (ASG)

Post by Aster » 02 Mar 2014, 8:56 pm

Hey Beechy.

We're going to be adding an 'Industry bodies' type section to the forum shortly.

Not quite ready to pull the trigger on it yet but probably happy to add the ASG to that in due course as it's relevant.

Will PM you and get some more details.
See you on the firing line.
Aster

-

Post by pajamatime » 02 Mar 2014, 10:30 pm

absolutely awesome!
edit: bit weird really how this subject has been shrugged off, I kinda expected more of a turn out post wise lol
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by pajamatime » 03 Mar 2014, 7:17 am

bump!
The Prudent see the evil and hide but the Naive keep going and are punished for it
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by VICHunter » 03 Mar 2014, 9:19 am

I'm interested.

Mark me down as 'expressed' ;)
VICHunter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Victoria

Post by pajamatime » 03 Mar 2014, 10:51 am

VICHunter wrote:I'm interested.

Mark me down as 'expressed' ;)

*cheer* for exercising intelligent self preservation I award you a cookie! :lol:
pajamatime
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Beechy » 03 Mar 2014, 11:03 am

Hey guys thank you for your interest! PM me with your email address if you want more info, otherwise check out the website. I will add, we are not an american-style "doomsday cult". For example, instead of hoarding baked beans and buying out the local ammo store, we are more concerned with saving seeds and reloading...
Beechy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Bark » 03 Mar 2014, 2:24 pm

My email's broken at the moment.

Forum PM to us? Or post here for everyone if it's cool to do so?
Bark
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Victoria

Post by Beechy » 07 Mar 2014, 10:20 am

No worries, PM's will go out. I'll post more info in this thread.
Beechy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Beechy » 07 Mar 2014, 10:29 am

Company Overview:
The Australasian Survivalist Guild Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation with the responsibility of promoting survivalist culture in Australia and its surrounding territories.

Our main objective is to attract and introduce individuals to the concept of self-reliance and autonomy, as well as supporting those having already established survival systems.

We seek affiliation with and offer support to volunteer emergency service departments – and maintain vigilant observation of social, natural, economic and political changes.

Mission:
AUSTRALASIAN SURVIVALIST GUILD INC.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE

( a ) The Australasian Survivalist Guild Inc., shall do all things necessary to promote the legal status of survivalism
to a high level of public acceptance and legal recognition, and shall perpetuate survivalist philosophy as being a
legitimate activity incorporating the core principles of effective self-sufficiency and self-reliance, land
conservation/preservation and understanding of the natural environment, both in Australia and its Territories and
internationally.

(b The Australasian Survivalist Guild Inc., will participate in and support civilian-defense and disaster
management programs commissioned by legitimate emergency services and public bodies, where such do not
conflict with the aims and objectives of the ASG Inc.

( c ) The Australasian Survivalist Guild Inc. shall encourage the development of the young and to assist the disabled
in the community to broaden their experience through participation in survivalist and outdoor activities.

(d) The Australasian Survivalist Guild Inc. will assist where possible all public bodies having involvement with
conservation and land management, where such do not conflict with the aims and objectives of the ASG Inc.

(e) The Australasian Survivalist Guild Inc. will establish Award Systems giving recognition to outstanding effort
and participation within ASG Inc. and to encourage through those systems, and by personal representation by
Officers, the importance of survival philosophy in Australia and internationally.

(f) The Australasian Survivalist Guild Inc. will support and uphold the rights and responsibilities of all individuals
as chartered by the United Nations Declaration of Human Rights, the Geneva Convention and any other
international Laws that protect the human rights of individuals and sovereign communities.

General Information:
The current cost for ASG Membership is $50 Per year / $20 Renewal.

Members receive a ‘Welcome’ pack and subscription to the ASG Journal, as well as discounts on survival gear and opportunity to participate in ‘bulk buy’ programs.

Last edited by Beechy on 07 Mar 2014, 10:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Beechy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Beechy » 07 Mar 2014, 10:32 am

Last edited by Beechy on 07 Mar 2014, 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beechy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Beechy » 07 Mar 2014, 10:40 am

ASG Response Emergency Program (ASGR)

ASGR is recruiting volunteers to offer support for emergency services, as well as participate in:

Disaster relief
Search & rescue
Logistical support
Fundraising
Humanitarian aid provision
First Aid
Conservation and Land Management

The ASGR will also conduct research, discussion and implementation of civilian-defense programs and procedures.

For more info email asg_opsec@internode.on.net

Beechy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Post by Prettybird » 07 Mar 2014, 12:37 pm

The proper stitched patches are a nice touch ;)
Prettybird
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by gazza » 07 Mar 2014, 8:23 pm

If each looks after himself, who looks after the internet?
gazza
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

South Australia

Post by Beechy » 07 Mar 2014, 10:53 pm

gazza wrote:If each looks after himself, who looks after the internet?

The internet is made up of people/companies that 'share' their hard drives (servers) with people accessing the web. Thats what an IP address points to. So anyone can 'look after the internet' Ive had a server on for about 9 years. But I think I know what you're getting at. Some ASG members actively cache parts of the web (mainly reference sites like wikipedia) as well as google earth maps to make them available offline. If my power goes out, the UPS protects the computer for long enough for me to start the genny, and If the phone lines out too, as well as the backup 3G connection, I can still access any web page or google map ive ever viewed.
Beechy
Recruit
Recruit

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation