The DROUGHT she is BROKE ?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

The DROUGHT she is BROKE ?

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Feb 2020, 9:05 pm

100_5552.JPG
100_5552.JPG (1.35 MiB) Viewed 4418 times
100_5549.JPG
100_5549.JPG (1.21 MiB) Viewed 4418 times
100_5555.JPG
100_5555.JPG (1.41 MiB) Viewed 4418 times
100_5554.JPG
100_5554.JPG (1.91 MiB) Viewed 4418 times
100_5553.JPG
100_5553.JPG (2.1 MiB) Viewed 4418 times
After nigh on 6 years with hardly a drop, we've had pretty good rains over the last week until today,,,,,,
At lunch time today it started to bucket down and now being 8-45pm it still hasn't stopped.
Weather fore cast says we will be getting even more overnight with huge amounts expected tomorrow.

Prior to lunch we had about two foot of water in the bottom of the dams (the biggest one is 20 foot deep)
Just before dark I tried to get out and about on the quad with limited success.
The entire front section of our property is under water to half the height of a usual paddock fence.

The dams are running over and I can no longer see where one of them starts or finishes.

In the 1st hour after lunch we got 83 mm in the gauge.

I reckon I prompted the rain Gods by starting to get a new rain water tank ready to push into position.

I'm happy,,,,,,,,,,,, :D :D :D
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Re: The DROUGHT she is BROKE ?

Post by Blr243 » 08 Feb 2020, 9:25 pm

Great news. I got the email from u but Did the attachment vid arrive of the dog ? And are u stuck home not able to cross the creek?
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 08 Feb 2020, 9:25 pm

:) :D :D
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 08 Feb 2020, 9:33 pm

Blr243 wrote:Great news. I got the email from u but Did the attachment vid arrive of the dog ? And are u stuck home not able to cross the creek?

No Vid Mate.
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by marksman » 08 Feb 2020, 9:53 pm

happy days :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 08 Feb 2020, 9:54 pm

Some young whipper snapper on here will educate me on how to compress video files so they are easier to send
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Oldbloke » 08 Feb 2020, 10:35 pm

:drinks: :thumbsup:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Faedy » 09 Feb 2020, 12:01 am

Must be a good feeling eh
Faedy
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Western Australia

Post by wanneroo » 09 Feb 2020, 1:10 am

That's great to see. Hopefully you don't get too much rain where you have excessive flooding.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by JimTom » 09 Feb 2020, 4:41 am

:drinks: Glad to hear it mate. Great news for you, and the other farmers / graziers that have been doing it tough for years. Bloody fantastic. :clap: :clap: :clap:
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 09 Feb 2020, 6:33 am

Good news mate,
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by 8x57 » 09 Feb 2020, 9:05 am

Good to hear mate
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 09 Feb 2020, 3:58 pm

The main road from Warwick was cut off by over a meter of flood water last night.
The woman was on her way home last night from work.
She and two other people eventually found their way here via a myriad of back roads and tracks.
It was 2 am before they got through though.
:problem: :thumbsdown: :thumbsup:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Ricochet » 09 Feb 2020, 7:41 pm

Excellent, were getting some too outside of Canberra but not that much. Hope we get more. Maybe not that much that quickly though.
Ricochet
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 09 Feb 2020, 10:45 pm

:lol:

Now the main road to Toowoomba is closed, due to the Condamine River building up and flooding that road.
(poi for those that don't know,, the Condamine is the longest river in Australia)

And thinking back, a little over a fortnight ago most areas were void of grass, and brown.
Even the Ironbark trees have lost about 50% of their leaves and quite a lot are dead.
Now,,,, everything is green and wet
:thumbsup:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 10 Feb 2020, 6:34 am

That bloody saying When it rains it pours could never be truer. All that rain after such a long drought is really a bugger. I don't know about your area but down in Vic the grass dies off to the point it can no longer hold the topsoil. Then when the heavy rains come the erosion is just terrible. Hope it hasnt just gone from one disaster to another for you.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by marksman » 10 Feb 2020, 8:11 am

beautiful one day perfect the next has this type of weather all the time sungazer, its climate change and schomo's to blame ;) :lol:
that's why in places such as the gold coast the parks ect.. are set up with very deep storm drainage to send the flow back out creeks and to the sea
l've personally witnessed many times when we had flooding rains 8 ft deep in the ground drains in QLD only to be dry again 2 hours later
when it rains in QLD it rains, pity GDB wasn't here l'm sure he would have been able to tell a yarn or two about it :drinks:

it is really good to see some relief for everyone up there, down here in mexico we have been getting some good rain as well
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by targetshooter900 » 10 Feb 2020, 7:45 pm

Good to hear mate, wishing you and all the other blokes all the best
targetshooter900
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Wapiti » 11 Feb 2020, 6:35 am

We've had more rain west of Stanthorpe this year so far, than we've had all last year.

But this has happened many times to us during the drought.
Time will tell. The drought is only broken if the rain patterns return to pre drought falls.
Wapiti
Private
Private

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 11 Feb 2020, 7:43 pm

Wapiti wrote:We've had more rain west of Stanthorpe this year so far, than we've had all last year.

But this has happened many times to us during the drought.
Time will tell. The drought is only broken if the rain patterns return to pre drought falls.

Yer not wrong there Mate,,,,, Precisely why I chose the words in the heading, as in a "question"

But here's hoping this can act as a kick start to get the seasons (and the rainfall) back to some semblance of "normality"

:thumbsup: :drinks:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Bill » 12 Feb 2020, 7:48 am

Most of the dump down here was Coastal, go a few hours west and patches of rain here and there, not enough but to damp the road for a few days.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Die Judicii » 12 Feb 2020, 7:23 pm

Bill wrote:Most of the dump down here was Coastal, go a few hours west and patches of rain here and there, not enough but to damp the road for a few days.

Was coming from T/ba late this aft and got home just on the tail end of another 47 mm.
When crossing over the Condamine early this morn it was just contained, but this aft looked like the road may be shut again overnite with
the latest dumping.
Our entrance road/track is again inundated with fast flowing water.
Looks like a probable insurance claim for a couple of B double loads of rubble. :thumbsdown:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 12 Feb 2020, 8:03 pm

So much rain in bris we are all had a gut full of it ..can’t work so it’s costing me money. ... heard on the news tonight the Condamine is raging
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 13 Feb 2020, 9:16 pm

Before complaining about having had enough or too much rain, etc

Consider the following,

We are a long way short of replenishing what has been sucked out of the aquifers over the past years,, and also exported in
the way of vegetables etc.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 13 Feb 2020, 10:36 pm

Still raining here. Hasn’t stopped. Too wet So .....Won’t ever be going hunting again. Selling all my rifles 50 bucks each Pulsar thermal binoculars and scope little use 100 dollars each. Brown hunting dog 150 bucks
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 14 Feb 2020, 8:14 am

Blr243 wrote:Still raining here. Hasn’t stopped. Too wet So .....Won’t ever be going hunting again. Selling all my rifles 50 bucks each Pulsar thermal binoculars and scope little use 100 dollars each. Brown hunting dog 150 bucks

How much $$$ are ya asking for the "Dog that got away" ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just joking Mate,,,,, The sun will come out again (eventually)

:friends:
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 14 Feb 2020, 11:02 am

I’m paying 1000 to anyone that can help me erase the pain of not pulling the trigger on that dog Christmas time
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by trekin » 16 Feb 2020, 7:00 am

Any of you blokes down that way been having any weird storms lately? Like very intense thunderstorms with little/no thunder, clear or lightly overcast days and you can hear loud rolling thunder?
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 16 Feb 2020, 7:54 am

Just lots of rain dumping in bris. Nothing weird. But it’s been dry now for two days so I should really go back to work
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Die Judicii » 16 Feb 2020, 2:14 pm

trekin wrote:Any of you blokes down that way been having any weird storms lately? Like very intense thunderstorms with little/no thunder, clear or lightly overcast days and you can hear loud rolling thunder?

A few months back,,,,,,, any thunder storm woulda been considered weird or odd,,,, :lol:

Nah Mate,, if I was sure this latest weather was gonna stay and become the regular seasons,,, I'd say we are back to normal. :silent: :silent:
But I don't wanna jinx things.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation