Bower bird experience

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Bower bird experience

Post by Blr243 » 09 Feb 2020, 11:11 am

I found the other photo album which I had thought contained the photo of the dingo and boar I shot together .... but no luck. Now it’s got me wondering if I will ever find it. Perhaps one of my mates has a copy. Found this pic instead In thirty yrs of hunting I have only ever found one bower in southern Qld. But up cape York I would probably see maybe two every day. They are much larger up there perhaps three feet long and due to the fact that the cape has little rubbish the birds must decorate their pad with stones.fruit . Seeds and shells Not once have I seen a shotgun shell or milk bottle top around their pads. It’s nice to know that there are still parts of our country relatively free from evidence of mans intrusion
Attachments
3A2E6302-F412-41AF-83DD-8C930FF2B552.jpeg
3A2E6302-F412-41AF-83DD-8C930FF2B552.jpeg (137.52 KiB) Viewed 1091 times
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Re: Bower bird experience

Post by Stix » 09 Feb 2020, 11:21 am

Nice BLR...

Although, if that pic is 30 yrs old, im sure there's much more plastic up there for them to decorate with now...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by JimTom » 09 Feb 2020, 11:51 am

Plenty of rubbish on the Cape nowadays, particularly on the coast. Sad to see it.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 09 Feb 2020, 11:55 am

Roadside yes. What the hell is with people who throw their s**t out the window when they drive along the road. If I had the power I would turn them around and forever forbid them to ever travel the cape road again .... and the water systems are spreading rubbish from the tourist spots to anywhere. But I can honestly say that on the 300 000 acres I used to hunt up there several years in a row I never saw one spec of rubbish. It’s a rare experience
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation