Any stackers here?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Any stackers here?

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 04 Mar 2020, 5:53 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Z, there’s been plenty of holistic commentary here and elsewhere, pertaining to government regulations and ppl being told what they can and cannot do - reality is they are making nothing but noise - and can do, will do nothing, but continue to make noise...just as they did when a lone gunmen changed our laws forever...

On a more upbeat note - banks have passed on the full interest rate cut thank goodness, but it’s had a scare across the ASX.

Glad I bought into silver last week - it’s tanked since I bought, I’ve done a couple hundred on paper lol. I have faith. :-)

A lone gunman who had no gun licence and no car licence.

Murder was a crime, possessing firearms with out a licence was a crime, driving a car without a licence was a crime, arson was a crime, kidnaping was a crime and stealing was a crime. He did all of this things even though they were illegal.

All the laws ever needed were already in place yet as always criminals don't follow the laws.

Keep buying more silver mate. It is going to the moon in a few years.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stoney » 04 Mar 2020, 6:11 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Z, there’s been plenty of holistic commentary here and elsewhere, pertaining to government regulations and ppl being told what they can and cannot do - reality is they are making nothing but noise - and can do, will do nothing, but continue to make noise...just as they did when a lone gunmen changed our laws forever...

On a more upbeat note - banks have passed on the full interest rate cut thank goodness, but it’s had a scare across the ASX.

Glad I bought into silver last week - it’s tanked since I bought, I’ve done a couple hundred on paper lol. I have faith. :-)

What do you mean by tanked TT? What price did you buy it at? And how has it tanked?
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Mar 2020, 6:54 pm

Quote(
A lone gunman who had no gun licence and no car licence.

Murder was a crime, possessing firearms with out a licence was a crime, driving a car without a licence was a crime, arson was a crime, kidnaping was a crime and stealing was a crime. He did all of this things even though they were illegal.

All the laws ever needed were already in place yet as always criminals don't follow the laws.

Keep buying more silver mate. It is going to the moon in a few years.[/quote]

Matters not the legality - how did that argument fair in stopping these insane gun laws we now have...?
Point I’m trying to make is same as you previously eluded - the govt make a decision and we don’t have a comeback or the avenues to stop their actions/decisions - another line = ABC journalism Raids - how the f*** were Australians not up in arms about that? And then ABC back down ?? Geezus and then there is this 10k cash limit? It should be ringing loud bloody bells - but nothing...so, we will all be good little citizens and we will say what ever but ultimately do nothing...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by TassieTiger » 04 Mar 2020, 6:56 pm

]

What do you mean by tanked TT? What price did you buy it at? And how has it tanked?[/quote]

My buy price was $980 a kg (which had obvious profit built in) - I saw asx price was down a little over a hundred per kg.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 04 Mar 2020, 9:17 pm

Mate i told you... after you bought, its volatile. But atleast you have a nice shiny bar to look at. We were in Perth a month or two ago, went to Perth mint tour. Couldn't believe how dense Gold is and how heavy the bar is.

Plus they even recover gold from the dust from the room.

The ABC, i mentioned it here a couple times, but most people here thought as ABC are leftard and probably deserved it or had it coming.

I dunno how many people we have actually lost as a percentage of our population in the last 20 years to terrorism, but definitely it has given cover to the politicians to bring in more and more draconian laws... infact the general population wanted them and gets happy when they are given one.

And if you look very closely, a lot of the times the government is doing bad in polls and suddenly the federal police uncovers a new terrorist plot.

Ok that's enough tin foil talk from me, ASIO and signals directorate are probably listening in to me right now
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 05 Mar 2020, 5:21 pm

Seeing as the corona thread got shut down did you lads see on the news how old mate got tasered? At tamworth Big W they told him they had no toilet paper left to buy so he grabbed the women by the throat and started wigging out so the jacks had to taser him. Then today a truck with toilet paper onboard got fire bombed in Brisbane and in Hong Kong a warehouse got ramraided to steal toilet paper. Its getting chaotic out there. If 3.5% of the worlds population die as some predict that is a lot of people. Reminds me of that scene from the men in black.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPMMNvYTEyI
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 05 Mar 2020, 5:32 pm

Yeah saw the truck news. I did read a funny joke. How the insurance co2 la y I'd probably up for 100s of millions of dollars worth of claim for that truck burning up seeing 1 roll is going for thousands on eBay
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 05 Mar 2020, 5:38 pm

Today is day 31 since I submitted my licence application. I got a brand new Berika, Remington and Ruger paid for at the shop waiting for me. I wonder if the world will end before I get a chance to sight them in on the farm. The shop owner will be laughing. He keeps the money and the product if it does. :violin:
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 05 Mar 2020, 8:23 pm

So why getting your license so late?

Alsaccording to you logic...be happy if the works ends he won't get to enjoy your money
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Mar 2020, 8:26 pm

I went to my 4th gun shop today who are out of 2209 and 2206 powder...
The way paper is going - screw the silver - I’m investing in bidets lol
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 05 Mar 2020, 8:29 pm

Ziad wrote:So why getting your license so late?

Alsaccording to you logic...be happy if the works ends he won't get to enjoy your money

Why so late? Because not every place in the world needs permission to spend their own money. :drinks:

He wont get to enjoy it but he will have the fond memory of free money. :D
Last edited by StraightWhiteMale on 05 Mar 2020, 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 05 Mar 2020, 8:31 pm

TassieTiger wrote:I went to my 4th gun shop today who are out of 2209 and 2206 powder...
The way paper is going - screw the silver - I’m investing in bidets lol

Where is that mate? Tasmania? Looks like people are stockpiling.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Mar 2020, 8:43 pm

I was wondering if there is a prepper community down here in Tas that might be rounding up the shops - the worst thing is that the shops I’ve been too, cannot tell me when the next shipment is coming in - that in itself will drive ppl to buy and store as last year, many shops in tassie couldn’t get ADI deliveries for about 2 months - in fact, one ship I know was metering out half 500gm bottles st one stage, to try and ensure ppl had enough...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 05 Mar 2020, 9:08 pm

Mate I just saw on realestae.com there is heaps of good land for sale in Tas for only a few hundred G. 200hecters on flinders island looks great. Good place to wait out the chaos.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 05 Mar 2020, 9:51 pm

I’ve got my 300 Hec hideaway - an hour out of Hobart, state forests border property with another 10,000 hecs, I’ve invited a few peeps to the cabin for a shoot - winters best...huge fire, little snow, leg of venison hanging over fire for 4 hours...proper beer lol. Best thing - access is locked behind a boom gate that is state controlled...if you make it down to Tas, pm me.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 06 Mar 2020, 12:16 pm

Thanks tigers. Maybe in a few years mate. I love the wilderness down there.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 07 Mar 2020, 4:58 pm

More chaos over toilet paper. Looks like the toilet paper wars have really begun. Brother vs brother, neighbour vs neighbour. The fight to the death begins. :sarcasm:

But seriously you guys if this is how people react now during times of prosperity imagine how they will react after a few days of no food or water on the shelfs once the trucks have no oil to move. They will become demonic beasts doing satans bidding. Start stockpiling your food, water and other supplies now because the tribulation will last for 7 years and things are really going to get rough.

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coron ... 22aef66bd6

The American government has been buying huge amount of night vision optics these last few weeks in preperation for enforcing the quarantine that is about to be unleashed over there soon.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 07 Mar 2020, 7:25 pm

Lol, its not that bad mate, outs not that bad. I think they gave enough NV goggles for their whole country and if the needed more, they probably could bring back tens of millions of them from overseas.

But make sure you have a decent stash of ammo, in the US people are stocking up on ammo majorly. The first rule of doomsday prepping is don't tells others where you stash of stockpile is.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 07 Mar 2020, 7:31 pm

Ziad wrote:Lol, its not that bad mate, outs not that bad. I think they gave enough NV goggles for their whole country and if the needed more, they probably could bring back tens of millions of them from overseas.

But make sure you have a decent stash of ammo, in the US people are stocking up on ammo majorly. The first rule of doomsday prepping is don't tells others where you stash of stockpile is.

I am amazed - how insane this has gotten...my wife works in supermarkets as a rep and she is seeing fights everyday x 10. The local police and now attending supermarkets to help enforce restrictions!!!!!!!
SWM has a point here - imagine how crazy things would get if a real emergency occurred...fark - I don’t understand the panic...I really don’t - is it media driven or over reactions? Or wtf? . It’s not like Coronavirus gives you the s**ts...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 07 Mar 2020, 7:57 pm

People are dumb our and simple, haven't you ever been to doing centres the day before Christmas or Easter... when shops will be closed for 1 day, its nearly as bad.

But its also a cycle, you need toilet paper cuz you ran out, so you goto a. Coles, nothing there, then another Coles and finally see one bag as a 3rd Coles, you will be slightly upset and maybe irrational if you and southern person both reach the toilet paper at same time, even though both of you are not hoarding.

Hey imagine if it did happen you had a secret stash of stuff, you could umm have an unlimited supply of girly friends
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 07 Mar 2020, 8:28 pm

Its only just beginning mate. People are wigging out now and things are not even that bad. Imagine if it was like during WW2 where everything was rationed because there was not enough supply.

Irrational, unprepared people are dangerous because they are unpredictable.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 19 Mar 2020, 1:18 pm

Interesting where share market has gone since this thread opened...
Some have said big opportunities out there but it would be a brave person in today’s market
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 19 Mar 2020, 3:23 pm

Ahh been looking for this thread. Just watched Netflix.

Didn't realise in 1933 Franklin Roosevelt forced everyone to had over their stashes of Gold to the Fed for $20 per oz.

Once the Fed had all the stock next year they increased the prices of gold to $35... making them a profit of nearly 75%.

I wonder if they did it in Australia... considering the situation now.... what you all will do with your stashes of gold.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by 8x57 » 19 Mar 2020, 5:07 pm

They could only take of the people who,

A: Were dumb enough to get it send to their own homes and ,
B: People who are dumb enough to post about it on social media.

Just saying
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 20 Mar 2020, 1:48 am

TassieTiger wrote:Interesting where share market has gone since this thread opened...
Some have said big opportunities out there but it would be a brave person in today’s market

Well, lots of bad news day by day, but there are some great opportunities out there to set yourself up for the long haul. Even now there are some awesome bargains. I bought some Shell the other day and will buy more. I am due a big whack of RIO, Broken Hill and Fortescue dividends next month so will be reinvesting those.

There are lots of blue chip stocks like Verizon, AT&T, Intel, Apple and others where I am really not down that much at all.

When all these people are panicking running around with their hands in the air and peeing their pants is when it's time to be a shark.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 20 Mar 2020, 7:19 am

Good point
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by John » 14 Apr 2020, 6:03 pm

I’ve never bought gold to put away but I’ve or ways been a bit of a prospector nothing to serious but have been lucky a found a few nice bits nothing huge I’ve never sold any I’ve or ways kept it saving it All up for years thinking one day I might have enough to buy a new rifle but I’m still looking I’m sure there’s more in the hills somewhere.
My favs
.22lr Brno
.22 gamo cfx air rifle
.22 Brno K hornet
.303/22 sprinter
.243 tikka
6.6x55 Swede
.270 tikka
.300 win mag sako
12g beretta
John
Private