Amusing, but,,,, if it makes you feel protected;

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Amusing, but,,,, if it makes you feel protected;

Post by Oldbloke » 15 Mar 2020, 6:50 am

StraightWhiteMale wrote:
Dad was telling me when he was in the army in Croatia they were not allowed beards because it stops the gas mask from sealing. I think thats one of the reasons its a common grooming standard in armies.

Correct. Any leak around the face to mask seal reduces the effectiveness of the mask.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 15 Mar 2020, 6:56 am

I am waiting for someone to board a plane with a welding mask...lol.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Tiger650 » 15 Mar 2020, 9:18 am

Ok people, we are starting the random grocery item generator. It will spit out a new name every day and that item will no longer be available on supermarket shelves due to panic buying.

Caller on talkback radio yesterday reckoned he could not buy a freezer, a brief search of a couple of retailer sites indicate that he may be correct.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by flutch » 15 Mar 2020, 10:55 am

Yeha freezers were bound to sell out as people start to wanna stock up on perishables, unlike s**t paper however there will likely end up being a delayed restock of these as the majority come from asia
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by flutch » 15 Mar 2020, 10:57 am

Love living on the farm, paddock is full of food, we already have bulk supplies, we already have bulk ammo and f-a, we already have fuel, we already have water, we already have basically everything city plebs don't. And if we run out of s**t paper, plenty of crossbred wool and we can always designate a dam for ass washing haha
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 15 Mar 2020, 3:37 pm

flutch wrote:Love living on the farm, paddock is full of food, we already have bulk supplies, we already have bulk ammo and f-a, we already have fuel, we already have water, we already have basically everything city plebs don't. And if we run out of s**t paper, plenty of crossbred wool and we can always designate a dam for ass washing haha

:lol: :lol: Precisely.

This is the very reason Mr and Mrs China and all of their offspring are trying ( ? succeeded ) to buy Australia..
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by flutch » 15 Mar 2020, 5:42 pm

Die Judicii wrote:
:lol: :lol: Precisely.

This is the very reason Mr and Mrs China and all of their offspring are trying ( ? succeeded ) to buy Australia..
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Yeah I'm 100% behind banning foreign ownership of land and single dwellings on land, if we can only buy a condo in their country that's all they should be allowed to own here
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 15 Mar 2020, 6:53 pm

Mate do you actually realise even Chinese cannot buy a house or land in China, at the most its a 100 year lease.

Using same logic or govt will need to stop us buying and owning land
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by flutch » 15 Mar 2020, 9:49 pm

Ziad wrote:Mate do you actually realise even Chinese cannot buy a house or land in China, at the most its a 100 year lease.

Using same logic or govt will need to stop us buying and owning land

I don't usually unblock your comments, but if that's your interpretation of my comment then it's a poor one at best, if anything by that logic they should have even less license to own anything here, it's weak policy inviting it in, rather see land/businesses nationalised than foreign ownership continued. Lease fine, run business fine, own assets like land and infrastructure, nope.
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by sungazer » 15 Mar 2020, 9:57 pm

In Asia it is common to have a garbage bin full of water next to the dunny. In it, it has a small plastic saucepan that you use as a scoop to get water out of the bin to pour on you bum to give it a clean. It works well just wash your hands. Nearly all the toilets over there can not handle TP so it is used to dry your bum then put in a bin.

The Alternative this used to be in the Mother in Laws house.
Shiter.jpg
Shiter.jpg (174.33 KiB) Viewed 4418 times
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by flutch » 15 Mar 2020, 10:45 pm

Correct sungazer I have many times rinsed the posterior with a "Tabo" and given it a dab to dry after, good old hand scrub and dry on some paper towel or clean towel and bobs ya aunty
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Am88 » 16 Mar 2020, 9:01 am

I cannot wrap me head around the toilet paper thing either, if you have to get in the shower afterwards, it's only a bit of poo. With the panic buying here going on there is a lack of food on the shelf already, but if it gets to it, the humble kangaroo is going to be on the menu for me as well as the venison in my freezer :lol:
Am88
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Bugman » 16 Mar 2020, 3:36 pm

It could be possible that they wear a mask cause they is just real ugly
Bugman
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by RoginaJack » 16 Mar 2020, 4:04 pm

Yeah Flutch but have you got wine or just in pill form still hanging on the vine and rum? So there! :lol: :lol:
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 16 Mar 2020, 4:39 pm

I have a new theory.

They wet the toilet paper softly and wrap it around their faces and use as p3 masks
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by flutch » 16 Mar 2020, 5:16 pm

RoginaJack wrote:Yeah Flutch but have you got wine or just in pill form still hanging on the vine and rum? So there! :lol: :lol:

Don't drink anymore, so no need, have a few fruits happening but then I'm not big on any of them
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 16 Mar 2020, 5:45 pm

Ziad wrote:I have a new theory.

They wet the toilet paper softly and wrap it around their faces and use as p3 masks

Good point really - Why aren’t ppl using bandannas or similar where they can damp down and improve filtration quality? I have to fly my family from Hobart to Brisbane soon and kids are freaking out - I was thinking I’d get them masks if nothing more than for the psychology....but Damo bandanna over the nose and mouth might be the ticket, I can sell it to them in a fun way.

On yet another tangent. As a motorcycle rider, it’s demanded of me to remove my lid when Getting petrol, going into shop, etc - wonder if the ppl wearing masks at petrol stations will be subjected to the nsnny tanties that many have when you don’t show mouth, nose....
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 16 Mar 2020, 6:37 pm

No cuz everyone know motorcycle riders are bad.... bikie gangs
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 17 Mar 2020, 6:44 am

TassieTiger wrote:Good point really - Why aren’t ppl using bandannas or similar where they can damp down and improve filtration quality? I have to fly my family from Hobart to Brisbane soon and kids are freaking out - I was thinking I’d get them masks if nothing more than for the psychology....but Damo bandanna over the nose and mouth might be the ticket, I can sell it to them in a fun way.

On yet another tangent. As a motorcycle rider, it’s demanded of me to remove my lid when Getting petrol, going into shop, etc - wonder if the ppl wearing masks at petrol stations will be subjected to the nsnny tanties that many have when you don’t show mouth, nose....

It's not very well understood by the general population but somebody wearing a mask is doing you a favour.
They are protecting you from the droplets they may otherwise be emitting into the air around them.
The mask provides little or no protection to the wearer due to becoming saturated with the wearers emissions after as little as 15 minutes and thus becoming a fertile environment for nasties that may be drawn into the mask.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Oldbloke » 17 Mar 2020, 8:21 am

Yeh,went to Aldi yesterday. A lot of empty shelves.

I start digging my new bomb shelter in the back yard today.

:allegedly: :lol:
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 17 Mar 2020, 11:32 am

....[/quote]

It's not very well understood by the general population but somebody wearing a mask is doing you a favour.
They are protecting you from the droplets they may otherwise be emitting into the air around them.
The mask provides little or no protection to the wearer due to becoming saturated with the wearers emissions after as little as 15 minutes and thus becoming a fertile environment for nasties that may be drawn into the mask.[/quote]

Yes, but one might also assume that they are also creating a saturated focal point for the disease - that is, they touch the mask they are wearing and then touch a counter, a biro or similar and....and transfer is possible. Without a saturated focal point, that might not occur...- ps I’m not a quack, I’m just thinking out allowed.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by doc » 19 Mar 2020, 12:41 pm

Whatever you do - DON'T tell people masks are useless. Let them wear them - because they're doing society a favour by not spreading their own germs and viruses around. Sadly the only reason many wear masks is for their OWN protection - so just keep encouraging them to do so.

I'm betting we're in for the lowest cold and flu season this year we've ever seen.
doc
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

-

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation