My Last Roll...a thread about survival...

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

My Last Roll...a thread about survival...

Post by Stix » 13 Mar 2020, 9:49 pm

So...

Went into Aldi this afternoon/evening...

I need some of that soft paper...i dont care for the purfumed pretty scented overly soft stuff that is impregnated with aloe & cleverly embossed for a frictionless glide with maximum stock removal...

Nope...

I just want a pack of fuking toilet paper...

Ok...so im not getting one here...sigh..., i said to myself while staring dumbfounded at the steel shelving with a blank look on my face, wondering what the fuk is wrong with people...

Breathe...

Ok...ill go & grab a can of baked beans &/or spaghetti incase i get away on Sat night for a quick weekend warrior paddock dissecting eye-shine covert operation...
You know...quick snack...easy ramming flavour-filled tummy filler i can just find time for when im not stuck in the burbs & there are guns to shoot...

Well...its been made very apparent to me, that i cant have, nope, not even one can of baked bloody beans...!!!!! :unknown: :twisted:

You see, i went to 2 supermarkets & 2 Aldi stores, & those sections of shelves are empty...
They've been emptied by...well, i dont mean to stereotype here...but emptied by the likes of all the fat bastards i saw walking around in pairs, or threesome's, with at least one trolley each---yes---i said ATLEAST...!!!...filling those said trolley's with instant noodles, long life milk, all my bloody baked beans, and the weeks run from the toilet paper factory...!!!

What the fuk is wrong with you lot...???

No, i dont mean you, who've grabbed a couple extra cans of baked beans...i mean YOU---!!!---who have, as ive said above, loaded up with every fuking carton you can fit in your bloody boot...!!!

You're a buch of idiots...!!!...
If you think thats going to save you in the event of a highly infectious major pandemic while you're couped up in the burbs complaining about what the Govt ISNT doing about your poor health due to your diet, then think again...!!

And i hope when you cant get any protein because you've forced the supermarkets into ration allocations, you smell my roasting goat leg & southern fried rabbit, & stamp your feet in denial while convincing yourself you find some form of solace when 60 minutes & the Project tell you you're being hard done by ...!!!
Idiots...!!... :lol:

And you know what---i hope this is left up for all to read...i dont care if someone is offended at the "social inequity" i seem to be ranting about...
People should take a look at themselves & ask, 'what will happen if this is real...?'...

I am just flabbergasted at the utter greed & incredibly abhorrent attitudes a good number of us seem to have against one another...
We seemingly "band together" when the drama filled media storm is promoting that some experience hardship in the aftermath of the devastating bush fires, but look what happens when they promote even a hint of a spreading infection...and what does this behavior tell us... :unknown:

So...now thats off my chest...can anyone spare a roll or two...seriously...im down to 2-n-a-half rolls & thats including my shooting stash.. :|
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Re: My Last Roll...a thread about survival...

Post by bladeracer » 13 Mar 2020, 9:59 pm

Go to Hungry Jacks or McDonalds and grab a handful of napkins.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by duncan61 » 13 Mar 2020, 10:07 pm

I am still trying to work it out.how does toilet roll help?
.22 winchester .22hornet .222 .243 7mm rem mag cbc 12g
duncan61
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

Western Australia

Post by bigpete » 13 Mar 2020, 10:22 pm

Wow
bigpete
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Mar 2020, 10:39 pm

Fuk you must be a good typist. If you anly wore a skirt..... :D

BS aside. Wife found same thing late today. Aldi shelves close to empty. People watch way too much yank D grade doomsday tv. Yes, the virus is a concern but panic buying only makes the situation worse.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Oldbloke » 13 Mar 2020, 10:41 pm

duncan61 wrote:I am still trying to work it out.how does toilet roll help?

It doesnt.
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 14 Mar 2020, 6:29 am

Maybe get up earlier, all shops have fresh supplies in the morning, went to coles on Wed and got a 20 pack of soft scented goodness :lol:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by straightshooter » 14 Mar 2020, 6:46 am

My mind boggles that people think that the only way to achieve the modern state of cleanliness is with shop bought toilet paper.
How was it achieved in the past before toilet paper became ubiquitous?
Before one can bestow the status of 'survivor' on oneself, the a concise understanding of how to maintain inputs and how to dispose of outputs will be a prerequisite.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 14 Mar 2020, 7:01 am

I always keep 50 rolls in stock and added a little more here and there over the past month. It's all gone out of the local stores now.

I grew up with hurricanes, snow storms, floods and tornadoes so I experienced various short disruptions in supplies when young. Since then I've always believed in having a little bit of everything on hand. Right now I've got free flowing mountain spring water, 30000 rounds of ammo, six months or more of food, plenty of TP, medical supplies, fuel, etc. I could hole up here in the mountains for a while.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Blr243 » 14 Mar 2020, 7:10 am

Humans are the only species that wipe their bums. For millions of years , there has probably been a million species of animals on our planet that have not wiped their bums ever. So we are doing it all wrong .... we don’t need toilet paper anymore Just go hardcore ...So I’m starting a new trend that’s about to take the world by storm
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by perentie » 14 Mar 2020, 7:22 am

Blr243 wrote:Humans are the only species that wipe their bums. For millions of years , there has probably been a million species of animals on our planet that have not wiped their bums ever. So we are doing it all wrong .... we don’t need toilet paper anymore Just go hardcore ...So I’m starting a new trend that’s about to take the world by storm

Not all Humans wipe their bums. When I was in PNG back in the 60,s the Buskanaka did not bother. Its all in the squat. They squat down low and it all happens relatively cleanly. We with out upstanding toilets deliver in a position that is not condusive to a clean delivery.
When using our Government supplied porcelain toilet with black plastic seat, it was common to see the dusty bare footprints on the plastic seat as they tried to balance and crap in the way they were used to. Sometimes it worked and sometimes not.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Mar 2020, 7:39 am

Hey Stix - buy a fookin bidet mate. Saves your toilet paper and who knows - you might like it :sarcasm:
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Wylie27 » 14 Mar 2020, 8:46 am

Stores are packed after 10pm...

Stores open at 6am

You want bog roll, get there before opening...
Wylie27
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 14 Mar 2020, 9:08 am

Ahh ok stix you find me a metal lathe and i will share with you with 50% of our family stash.. At eBay prices that's probably worth 10k conservatively.

Or as Russell Coight said find a few smooth rocks. If you are a politician a rose bush will do.

People are just morons, atleast the supermarkets have stopped refunding the bog roll crazies.

And enjoy your rabbit/roo/pig/duck etc
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by 8x57 » 14 Mar 2020, 11:27 am

You can used a dried corn cob to wipe your arse with, that’s what the locals do in East Timor.
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by JimTom » 14 Mar 2020, 12:07 pm

8x57 wrote:You can used a dried corn cob to wipe your arse with, that’s what the locals do in East Timor.

Can’t say that I have ever witnessed that.
JimTom
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Queensland

Post by 8x57 » 14 Mar 2020, 1:58 pm

Can’t say that I have ever witnessed that.[/quote]

Not something you’d want to either I would imagine.
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Mar 2020, 3:46 pm

8x57 wrote:Can’t say that I have ever witnessed that.

Not something you’d want to either I would imagine.[/quote]

Fook noooo :silent:
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 14 Mar 2020, 4:52 pm

8x57 wrote:You can used a dried corn cob to wipe your arse with, that’s what the locals do in East Timor.

Argh.png
Argh.png (63.1 KiB) Viewed 5163 times
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by flutch » 14 Mar 2020, 4:57 pm

You could probably give the cheese grater a workout too but don't count me in
Guns:
Rossi S/S 410
Lanber U/O 12 gauge
Adler B220PG 12 gauge
Ruger 22lr
Remington 270 win
Howa 223
Weatherby 300 Winmag

Bows:
G5 Quest Drive
G5 Prime Defy
flutch
Corporal
Corporal

Western Australia

Post by Rwd22 » 14 Mar 2020, 5:29 pm

Local woolies has given up on putting bog roll and paper towel on the shelves, just leaving it palletized in the aisle. I'm sure the vultures are picking them clean at an alarming rate regardless.

One positive I did note was they had signs up limiting customers to one load of bog roll, one pack of paper towel and one box of tissues per customer/per transaction.

Quite hilarious watching the self-serve checkout staff have confrontations with shoppers wanting to buy bulk amounts of everything and the customers cracking tantrums.
Rwd22
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by 8x57 » 14 Mar 2020, 5:47 pm

People are certainly freaking out
8x57
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by pomemax » 14 Mar 2020, 6:33 pm

Stupid make me sorta wonder why this started the bulk buying of toilet roll .
Who started this , the pandemic I know about but why bogroll do they know something I Dont .
Local wollies no Pasta No Rice powdered milk ?
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Mar 2020, 6:46 pm

It’s the sheep mentality...but I’m still amazed how fast craps gone south...as SWM has eluded, imagine something really significant ie Z world...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 14 Mar 2020, 6:51 pm

pomemax wrote:Stupid make me sorta wonder why this started the bulk buying of toilet roll .
Who started this , the pandemic I know about but why bogroll do they know something I Dont .
Local wollies no Pasta No Rice powdered milk ?

It comes down to people being sheep. First they thought it was made in china(its not) and supply would run dry. Then people started to see the shelfs emptying so that created a blow back and other people started buying more and more. Then the media blew it up creating a bigger blow back so people think there is a toilet paper shortage even though there is not and everyone is trying to buy it.

Toilet paper is big and bulky and takes up a lot of space. Stores only have what they need for the day on hand so whilst it looks like the shelfs are bare there was only about 150 or so packets on the shelf to begin with. 150 packets of toilet paper takes up more space than the equivalent in canned goods so people see the big empty shelfs and wig out.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by StraightWhiteMale » 14 Mar 2020, 6:56 pm

Everyone in the country is trying to buy toilet paper at the sametime. Imagine if everyone goes to the bank and try to withdraw their currency at the sametime as happend in Greece and India. The banks do not have nowhere near enough on hand to give to everybody.
StraightWhiteMale
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Tiger650 » 14 Mar 2020, 7:20 pm

A worry is people using anything but dunny paper and clogging their toilets particularly and sewers generally.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 14 Mar 2020, 7:28 pm

Its not the disease that worries me its the satanic like behavour of the people. I have been preparing for this day to come for years and its only going to get worse. Anyone that does not have at least 6 months minimium of provisions in their home is a fool. The lockdowns are coming soon and so will the roaming street gangs.

The globalists are using this as a test case to take away peoples liberty. Now the governments are starting to control peoples freedom of movement and dictate when are where you can move about in society.

When this disease passes a new one will be relased in a few years time and they will strip away more rights in the name of “public saftey” and we will have lost the ability for all independent freedom of movement and association. People adapt to oppression overtime at low doses of oppression. This is all part of satans plan for world domination.

Bravo mate, people here may call you a crazy bustard but I agree with you and do likewise regarding preps.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 14 Mar 2020, 7:32 pm

StraightWhiteMale wrote:Everyone in the country is trying to buy toilet paper at the sametime. Imagine if everyone goes to the bank and try to withdraw their currency at the sametime as happend in Greece and India. The banks do not have nowhere near enough on hand to give to everybody.

Hmm interesting, but there is a defence, in India and Greece pepple actually had cash in the bank. In Australia "most people" have credit card debts, mortgages and other loans. So while they might be able to pull their $500 most would have a few magnitudes of that of loans to pay.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 14 Mar 2020, 7:53 pm

You might be surprised but free info studies declare average male has $36k and woman $20k in savings...
https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/how-d ... ytS-RXVSfC
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Next

Return to Off topic - General conversation