My Last Roll...a thread about survival...

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: My Last Roll...a thread about survival...

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 29 Apr 2020, 5:28 pm

Lol blr
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 29 Apr 2020, 6:18 pm

I saw on the news the new big ticket items are bicycles. With a lot of people at home they apparently want to ride around. One bike shop in Sydney is selling 40K on Saturday trading as opposed to the normal 10k.
I feel sad for kids today that have to grow up on tiny house blocks or in apartments. Kids need motorbikes and big yards to play around in. Shoot air rifles, 22s and bow and arrows and all the stuff that normal kids use to do.

This is why I do like big parks and state forests and stuff like that so kids can get out into the elements.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 29 Apr 2020, 9:21 pm

Lol i was taking to a petshop owner. Pet's is even bigger. They normally sell 50-60 chickens a month, a week ago the guy got 300 chickens sold then in 1.5 days and still had a waiting list.

Not that pet shops can sell cats or dogs anymore in Vic but they are going fully hectic.too.... ofcourse the pet shop was happy people buy pets and then they need feed... the above pet shop owner was saying cat and Dod food had become like toilet paper
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 29 Apr 2020, 9:26 pm

See coles increased profit margin last month by over 1 Billion dollars...but I bet their margins are going to drop this month in comparison lol
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by AussieCapitalist » 29 Apr 2020, 11:08 pm

All the 20000 something thousand people that coles and woolworths have hired will get the sack real soon as they are not needed anymore. Although I do like how they have a greeter that gives you some hand sanitizer.

I wish the servos would pump my fuel, put air in my tyres and fill up my wiper fluid like on back to the future and in days gone by. Hundreds of people touching that hose on a daily basis when it only needs to be one.:drinks:
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 30 Apr 2020, 1:56 am

AussieCapitalist wrote:I saw on the news the new big ticket items are bicycles. With a lot of people at home they apparently want to ride around. One bike shop in Sydney is selling 40K on Saturday trading as opposed to the normal 10k.
I feel sad for kids today that have to grow up on tiny house blocks or in apartments. Kids need motorbikes and big yards to play around in. Shoot air rifles, 22s and bow and arrows and all the stuff that normal kids use to do.

This is why I do like big parks and state forests and stuff like that so kids can get out into the elements.

Over here in the USA, home exercise equipment sold out fast or jumped way up in price. As soon as I saw this coming I ordered a home gym on Amazon, which was fine as I wanted to get more into lifting weights anyways.

Weather over here is gradually warming up, but just had snow two nights ago and it's snowed about 7-8 times here in April, but it melts the next day. Grass is turning green and a bit of vegetation is started to bloom. Temps are starting to ease into the upper teens and I can say people are getting outside as much as they can. People are ready for this nonsense to be over. We never had one case in our town and no active cases anywhere around us.

I'm pulling the kayak out this weekend and getting my mountain bike ready.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Stix » 30 Apr 2020, 4:10 pm

Waiting in line at the checkout in coles today, i looked down & actually absorbed the distancing signs/stickers on the floor...

Call me pedantic, but i couldnt help & think that the design, layout & inparticular, the wording must have been multi-departmental briefing & heavily brainstormed exercise between the highest intellects of executive levels in marketing & health/safety teams. :thumbsup:

With that in mind, I couldnt help but let out a wee audible giggle at the catchphrase summary across the bottom of the sticker...!!... :lol: :clap: :clap:

"TOGETHER we stop the spread"... :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Here...i took a pic...

20200430_125704-1.jpg
20200430_125704-1.jpg (532.59 KiB) Viewed 5334 times
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Stix » 06 May 2020, 1:52 pm

Well well wad'dya know...

COVID19 is like 32 grain bullet out of a 204...rapidly loosing momentum..!!

How do i know this... :unknown:

I just heard about another "study" on the wireless news report...

Climate change has made a sudden comeback & these scientists say we'll be dead in 50 yrs... :roll:

Krikey...lets bloody hope it haopens sooner so dont have to listen to this bullsh!t anymore...

Ive been hoping for a change in the media hype away from COVID...but i didnt want it to return to the brain dead climate crap again...!!!

ffs...!!!... :roll:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by wanneroo » 07 May 2020, 11:15 am

Well here, this Friday businesses are allowed to reopen with all these dystopian East Germany type rules for social distancing, how many people you can have in the store, mandatory masks and stuff.

For right now I'm basically ignoring all of this and not shopping.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Stix » 07 May 2020, 11:32 am

wanneroo wrote:Well here, this Friday businesses are allowed to reopen with all these dystopian East Germany type rules for social distancing, how many people you can have in the store, mandatory masks and stuff.

For right now I'm basically ignoring all of this and not shopping.

Gees you should see my local supermarkets... :shock:

Most people dont give a hoot...supermarkets are packed...!!...most will stand a little away from you at the checkout, but they seem to have some false sense, or is it a lack of awareness, that when your walking around, distance is no problem... :unknown:

& toilet paper is back & already being discounted to shift all the excess stock... :lol:
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 07 May 2020, 3:15 pm

But lots of itnow... stock up stix for later
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by poid » 07 May 2020, 4:59 pm

My Coles now has so much toilet paper, wipes etc that it is overflowing into other isles, can't wait for the half price sales!
poid
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Larry » 07 May 2020, 5:04 pm

Face masks were something I never really had a prepper stock of. I had a box that were for use when sanding or dusty type conditions. But after this s**t storm when there price returns to normal or on sale. I think I will put a few boxes of the P95's or similar in the cupboard for the next rainy day.
Larry
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

-

Post by Ziege » 07 May 2020, 5:09 pm

So many studies and articles now showing how this has only been marginally worse than flu outbreaks that happen every year, and when the BBC or "British Beauro of Communism" is even relenting that over 90+% of deaths from covid19 were and are people that would have died in the next 12 months regardless, now before people start parroting the few exceptions to the rule, the article, which you can find yourself, outlines many studies and stats that are backed by research. This has been only marginally worse than the flu, and yet here we all are forced into some dystopian Chinese region locked state locked bulls**t. I for one am no longer concerned about this and like the flu's before it I won't be getting immunised, and also have it on pretty good albeit anecdotal evidence that if you have been sick with a "flu" in the last 5 months it's likely you've had it, and I would have to say I agree with that statement. Especially seeing as this thing is outside of the Aussie flu season so unlikely it was the flu if you were recently sick, given flu season only just starting.

Cheers
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by AussieCapitalist » 14 May 2020, 8:47 am

So I emailed my federal representative, who is LNP.
Last edited by AussieCapitalist on 15 May 2020, 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 14 May 2020, 8:49 am

Response from his office.
Last edited by AussieCapitalist on 15 May 2020, 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 14 May 2020, 6:42 pm

Sooooo Ted is a sucker so you should be as well?
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation