A serious question.

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: A serious question.

Post by Ziege » 01 Apr 2020, 12:13 pm

So I was on the fence about this before

But there has been an avalanche of videos posted showing a strong case for this stuff panning out as to be as big of a load of s**t as H1N1 scare back in the day.

Empty testing clinics, when the news says they're full, empty hospitals and hospital lobby's after the media says they're overflowing, independent surveys finding little to no people who actually know anyone in isolation or infected, USA and au media using Chinese and Italian footage and pics to prove their rhetoric cos no actual evidence here to use
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by trekin » 01 Apr 2020, 12:33 pm

Ziege wrote:So I was on the fence about this before

But there has been an avalanche of videos posted showing a strong case for this stuff panning out as to be as big of a load of s**t as H1N1 scare back in the day.

Empty testing clinics, when the news says they're full, empty hospitals and hospital lobby's after the media says they're overflowing, independent surveys finding little to no people who actually know anyone in isolation or infected, USA and au media using Chinese and Italian footage and pics to prove their rhetoric cos no actual evidence here to use

If even half the truth was to get out, then there'd be a reset alright, but not the way some wanted.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 01 Apr 2020, 5:16 pm

Ziege wrote:So I was on the fence about this before

Well we have a population of 25m people with a bit over 4000 cases of covid19. So in every 6000 ppl there is 1 covid patient......no wonder no one knows anyone.

By same logic 1 person in every 2000 people is infected in the US.

Italy is under 600 people for every 1 covid infected patient.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Member-Deleted » 28 May 2020, 9:35 am

trekin wrote:The first known case in Aus was detected only after they had knowledge of, and the tests to detect it. Can you, or any one else, unequivocally discount that, I or hundreds of other QLDER's who suffered the same symptoms back in Dec/Jan, test results that showed an "unknown " virus, or in some cases, an "unknown" sister virus to the flu didn't have what is now known as covid19? Not even my own brother, one of Aus leading medical pathologists can tell me that without getting his hands on one of those finger prick tests from England. It was so prevalent in my area that the local doctors coined their own name for it, the Blackwater virus.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-28/ ... s/12291484

Covid related death in Blackwater and as yet no idea how he got infected. this could get interesting...
Member-Deleted

Post by poid » 28 May 2020, 9:58 am

Been thinking about what trekin said for a while now, some countries reckon the virus was around well before the Chinese reported it and so it's possible that we had it here before we think. A bunch of us at work got knocked around in Dec/Jan by something unusual, including me. Sore throat, dry cough, lethargic and it took ages to clear away (i was coughing for weeks, never had that happen before)...a couple of people were hit pretty hard an spent some time in bed recovering. I vaguely remember a co-worker's boyfriend being diagnosed with pneumonia at the time. So i'm wondering whether antibody testing will show that a LOT of people have had it, like they have in New York.

The way that poor bloke's death has been reported annoys me; reported as a "covid death" when he clearly had other issues that are far more likely to be cause of death. I think we've been pretty good at the numbers here, but the distinction between died with covid and died OF covid is important.
poid
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Member-Deleted » 28 May 2020, 10:24 am

For the already frail or ill, the issue of whether it was "died with", or "died of" can be a tough distinction to make. If a person has existing chronic health issues, was it the symptoms/complications caused by the virus that pushed them over the edge?
Member-Deleted

Post by trekin » 28 May 2020, 11:41 am

Member-Deleted wrote:
trekin wrote:The first known case in Aus was detected only after they had knowledge of, and the tests to detect it. Can you, or any one else, unequivocally discount that, I or hundreds of other QLDER's who suffered the same symptoms back in Dec/Jan, test results that showed an "unknown " virus, or in some cases, an "unknown" sister virus to the flu didn't have what is now known as covid19? Not even my own brother, one of Aus leading medical pathologists can tell me that without getting his hands on one of those finger prick tests from England. It was so prevalent in my area that the local doctors coined their own name for it, the Blackwater virus.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-28/ ... s/12291484

Covid related death in Blackwater and as yet no idea how he got infected. this could get interesting...

The French have been retesting flu patients from earlier this year and have now found the SARS (the same antibodies as the covid 19, and which is what the finger prick tests are loking for) antibodies in patients going back to Dec 2019.
Yep, something very on the nose with that case. Australia now has a "PCR based test on special instruments can turn them around in under 50 minutes. Katherine has such an instrument. Not available everywhere as they are expensive to run, and there is a shortage of the test packs.", so highly unlikely to have used this test first time on someone who was already terminally ill and not suspected of dieing "from" or "with", at the time of death. Second postmortum test come back negative, but they say the testing method was flawed (PCR tests are only 80% - 85% accutate with a 35% chance of a false neg). He was house bound since Feb this year with his illness. His partner has been tested twice, with two negs returned. Blackwater has had no confirmed cases before, and up until a week or so ago CQ had gone a month and a half without a case. They have tried to link the nurse?/receptionist (another fishy story) from Rocky to this bloke, but have not been unable to. Their two fever clinics in Blackwater are restricted to 500 tests only, and only if you meet their criteria. Pretty much anyone wanting to know how and why via the local FB comminty page are having their questions deleted. So far 18 of the 20 people who had contact with him and his partner over the last couple of weeks have returned neg test results. The remaining two are being tested today. If they, the Gov't dropped their push to test sewage (again), and sent the money on testing the people of Blackwater/bluff area. they would go some way to answering the question of how this sort of case could happen.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 28 May 2020, 12:00 pm

And so panic buying V2.0 has started. B/water's Woolies shelfs have been pretty much cleared of everthing this morning. d**kheads, the lot of them!!
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 May 2020, 12:21 pm

The US government are giving American hospitals $13000 for a covid case and 39000$ if the patient has to use a ventilator.. No wonder the saying at the moment is "gun shot man dies of covid 19".

Most people could have already of had the virus and would not even know. seeing as the symptoms are low for most people. The western world just got to experience what it is like to live under communism. Being told what to do 24/7
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 28 May 2020, 3:05 pm

Apparently, they will keep running the test until they get another positive, then lean on the Rocky nurse until she "admits" to have been in contact with him. That way they can continue to deny that the virus was here earlier then they say. Even though the B/water case was showing symptoms in the first week of May, and nurse wasn't contagous until the second week, but our State health minister says "it is possible". Yeah right, she must own a Delorean!! It would, also be interesting to know just how sick you have to be to be considered by your doctor to be too sick to give a sample for testing when you are showing symptoms
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 May 2020, 3:20 pm

Mate all I know is October 31 is election day and labor is gonna get pumped more than a Thai hooker.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 28 May 2020, 3:58 pm

Trekin, you make very good points.... the saga continues...

I was taking to a friend and apparently SA had their first case in a while. it was a returned overseas traveler. and guess what they got an exception to the 14 days quarantine.... so depends on how many people that person got in contract with.

With soo much good news that media is pumping out... the public service people are bloody morons.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by trekin » 28 May 2020, 7:05 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Mate all I know is October 31 is election day and labor is gonna get pumped more than a Thai hooker.

Haven't you got the memo yet?? There will be no election this year, not for the next 4 years, there WILL BE a second wave of this virus so bad that the next lockdown will make this one look like a holiday camp. Health directive number XX: no leaving your hovels to go and vote by order of Commissar Young, the new leader of Queensland.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 28 May 2020, 7:22 pm

Mate so what your saying is I need to get a loud speaker and play split enz I see RED on repeat.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by womble » 29 May 2020, 5:23 am

Well i read that this virus goes way back before the French believe. That the fake moon landing was actually real and apparently one of the astronauts was bitten by a space bat.
Thoughts ?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned
womble
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 29 May 2020, 7:27 am

Hey i can easily believe comrade Dan is a Chinese master agent.... he loves to dictate.

But womble there is no oxygen on the moon soo maybe it was actually a computer virus that jumped species....or am alien
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by trekin » 29 May 2020, 8:57 am

poid wrote:Been thinking about what trekin said for a while now, some countries reckon the virus was around well before the Chinese reported it and so it's possible that we had it here before we think. A bunch of us at work got knocked around in Dec/Jan by something unusual, including me. Sore throat, dry cough, lethargic and it took ages to clear away (i was coughing for weeks, never had that happen before)...a couple of people were hit pretty hard an spent some time in bed recovering. I vaguely remember a co-worker's boyfriend being diagnosed with pneumonia at the time. So i'm wondering whether antibody testing will show that a LOT of people have had it, like they have in New York.

The way that poor bloke's death has been reported annoys me; reported as a "covid death" when he clearly had other issues that are far more likely to be cause of death. I think we've been pretty good at the numbers here, but the distinction between died with covid and died OF covid is important.

If you have a large tourist based industry, or large Chinese based industries, or industries that source equipement from China withn in 300 - 400km, then the chances are pretty high.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 30 May 2020, 11:37 am

This may restored some of AC's faith in his fellow QLDers. The family of the Blackwater man, and the communities or B/water/Bluff, as a whole, have rejected QLD Healths findings that he had the virus at the time of death. The family, with the surport of the communties, are the ones who called for the Coroner's inquest that put Herr Young into scramble mode yesterday morning. Media was ejected from the town yesterday afternoon, after some arsehole reporters started going door to door trying to drum up stories to help the Gov'ts case, and trying to make a link with the Rocky nurse?/receptionist.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by marksman » 30 May 2020, 2:13 pm

some may say "the CCP virus is the one chinese export product that works reliably and well."

but others would say "No, the CCP virus works as unreliably as other chinese products, 80% get none or light symptoms."

"a serious question"
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 30 May 2020, 4:41 pm

trekin wrote:This may restored some of AC's faith in his fellow QLDers. The family of the Blackwater man, and the communities or B/water/Bluff, as a whole, have rejected QLD Healths findings that he had the virus at the time of death. The family, with the surport of the communties, are the ones who called for the Coroner's inquest that put Herr Young into scramble mode yesterday morning. Media was ejected from the town yesterday afternoon, after some arsehole reporters started going door to door trying to drum up stories to help the Gov'ts case, and trying to make a link with the Rocky nurse?/receptionist.

This is what I love to hear mate. There is still a lot of patriots left outside in the regional areas. People that just want to live their life and are sick of being lied too by the elitists. Labor is going to have a hard time walking after the prison rape it is going to receive at this next election. Just like when Cambell Newman decimated them a few years back. LNP will win which sucks but the little guys like One nation, Katter, and the lib dems will pick up quite a few seats each.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Member-Deleted » 01 Jun 2020, 12:08 pm

trekin wrote:This may restored some of AC's faith in his fellow QLDers. The family of the Blackwater man, and the communities or B/water/Bluff, as a whole, have rejected QLD Healths findings that he had the virus at the time of death. The family, with the surport of the communties, are the ones who called for the Coroner's inquest that put Herr Young into scramble mode yesterday morning. Media was ejected from the town yesterday afternoon, after some arsehole reporters started going door to door trying to drum up stories to help the Gov'ts case, and trying to make a link with the Rocky nurse?/receptionist.

Trekkin, what's the latest in Blackwater.... seems this story has been buried... no new cases reported in Blackwater and nothing more about the fate of the nurse accused.
Member-Deleted

Post by Member-Deleted » 01 Jun 2020, 3:16 pm

I can vouch for the fact that he never had the virus. A good friend of mine is a friend of that family, close enough to be heading there for the funeral when it happens. She says the family and locals are livid about it all being blown up. Fake news indeed
Member-Deleted

Post by trekin » 01 Jun 2020, 8:02 pm

Member-Deleted wrote:

Trekkin, what's the latest in Blackwater.... seems this story has been buried... no new cases reported in Blackwater and nothing more about the fate of the nurse accused.

Yeah mate, nothing to see here, move along. :unknown: Appears they were so desprit to prove the good folks out here were all naughty people going out and catching the virus willy-nilly that they droped all critieria for the tests and were urging everyone to "come on down and get tested". They were even running chartered hourly shuttle flights to Brissy with samples for testing and pushing them though in less than 12 hours. However, very few people took them up on the offer and the fever clinics were all but deserted all weekend.
An interesting snide remark by Herr Young during Fridays live daily update, and which has been edited out of the same coverage found on the net :o :o , when she inferred that the Coroner might have a hard time finding an another viable sample from the deceased to run his own tests.
Edit. I believe there were only 500 test packages made avaliable, and none come back positive.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 02 Jun 2020, 8:54 am

Member-Deleted wrote:

Coroner's report is in. Fasle positive, the deceased DID NOT have covid 19 at the time of death.
Edit. Forgot the link, again;
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-02/ ... r/12308080
Last edited by trekin on 02 Jun 2020, 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 02 Jun 2020, 9:00 am

Denno wrote:

I can vouch for the fact that he never had the virus. A good friend of mine is a friend of that family, close enough to be heading there for the funeral when it happens. She says the family and locals are livid about it all being blown up. Fake news indeed

Will be interesting to see how the Gov't reacts, as pretty much the whole community will be there, and tries to enforce any restrictions on the numbers attending funerals. Doubt the local coppers will the ones enforcing any such restrictions.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation