The combined COVID-19 topic

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: COVID19 CONSPIRACY.

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 02 Apr 2020, 6:57 am

Actually i think it's how you get bigger... first Japanese started it in 1980s, now it's Chinas turn.

But going back to the 21m phone article....its a bit hard to trust a website that had bad spelling...or is the Nigerian love scams where they internationally put spelling mistakes.

Screenshot_20200402-075220_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20200402-075220_Samsung Internet.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 4344 times
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Re: Yet Another Covid19 Thread

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 02 Apr 2020, 6:59 am

No...i didn't expect that from your straight.... not you

And what cheap petrol. Also anyone notice that diesel hasn't dropped.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 02 Apr 2020, 7:07 am

And i am unsure if China will pay anything.... esp if they say when your health system cannot cope and your immigration was lax even after knowing the virus was spreading. (Insert name if any country).

And if it wasn't looking bad in some states of US, a friend posted this.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... esucitate/
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by perentie » 02 Apr 2020, 7:09 am

I am waiting till it gets to a buck a litre then fill some 44,s
Even if it was cheap we cant go anywhere anyway.
Chinese are recovering in time to take over everything.
perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 02 Apr 2020, 7:29 am

Yes cuz they were the first. And while we are in lockdown that looks more like business as normal their lockdown was you can't get out of your house to even good food or you will be killed.

Or you can choose to believe some people on here and 21m people have died and they won't be able to find any workers to run their factories.

21m people is 1 in every 66 people in China
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by pomemax » 02 Apr 2020, 9:39 am

diesel at my local station 5 weeks ago was $1.45 a liter now its $1.03
E10 is at 93 c a liter
pomemax
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

New South Wales

Post by poid » 02 Apr 2020, 10:39 am

There's nothing controlled about this for those 'ruling elite'. Fastest market collapse in history, a lot more of it to come (this isn't the bottom), an angry and disgruntled population and the fragility of their global supply chains is plain for all to see.

Don't believe the Chinese recovery either, they can't properly recover when the demand for their goods is suddenly non-existent.

Truth is no one knows how this ends or how much damage will be done before then.
poid
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 02 Apr 2020, 10:45 am

straightshooter wrote:It is commonly believed that the mainstream media occasionally propagates big lies and quite often propagates lesser lies.
These lies are almost never of the form of blatantly telling their audience instantaneously and outright that "black is white".
Rather it is by repeated assertions of some facts and selective omission of other pertinent facts and zero examination of negative consequences of the course of action that the ruling authorities propose in response to the purported "public clamour" demanding that action.
So what is all this covid19 panic all about?
Is it all about protecting some of us poor plebs from a fate worse than death? That is what an influenza death at this time is portrayed as.
But
Could the parlous state of the world financial system have anything to do with it?
Could the conceivably imminent collapse of the petro dollar system have anything to do with it?
Could the consequential demise of the US$ as world reserve currency have anything to do with it?
Could a consequential rebalancing of the world order have anything to do with it?
I would not be surprised if what we and many other countries are now experiencing is a "controlled demolition" of the world financial system in preference to the chaos that would be experienced by the 'ruling elite' in the event of a spontaneous collapse.
I can feel the ever tightening 'boa constrictor' further curtailing our liberties, sorry I meant privileges.
Lets enjoy our cheap petrol while we can.

l believe "it Could" :unknown:

l think a smart person needs to look at all sides before making a judgment
there is to much sh!t put out there, fake news :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 02 Apr 2020, 10:49 am

The 21 mil was aligned with a 5g cut over - was on Rogan podcast. The 21 mil are “missing” but it’s a result of not being able to be tracked...”what was that? What did you say Snowden?” Lol.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by TassieTiger » 02 Apr 2020, 11:03 am

We would be fools to think that govts are not utilising this outbreak to move and shake and better position themselves...imagine if there was a war planned and this was released as a way of staving off billions of deaths...ok - that’s a reach lol.

I’m still confused Re the 13 yr kid who died alone.
How can a kid/person be deemed too infectious? Wtf does that mean? His parents can’t wear Ppe that would render them safe to sit with the son whilst he died? If we are being told truth Re virus / This makes no sense to me..
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 02 Apr 2020, 12:11 pm

So not that it happens in Australia..lol

People. had 21m phones they are no longer using.. maybe they bought new sim cards with their new phones. Could be less then 21m as many people have multiple phones and sim cards... while dual SIM phones are just now coming into Australia. Been setting them overseas for 20 years mate.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 02 Apr 2020, 1:13 pm

Ziad wrote:So not that it happens in Australia..lol

People. had 21m phones they are no longer using.. maybe they bought new sim cards with their new phones. Could be less then 21m as many people have multiple phones and sim cards... while dual SIM phones are just now coming into Australia. Been setting them overseas for 20 years mate.

this is straight from the chinese propaganda machine :lol:

just like the tiananmen square massacre being bullchit and not in there history :lol:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Farmerpete » 02 Apr 2020, 1:32 pm

TassieTiger wrote:Not sure how many have heard about the 13yr old boy in the UK who passed away from cv19 - but, what I don’t understand is - how was this kid “too infectious” to allow anyone, including his parents - to Visit him or even see him whilst he laid there getting weaker and weaker ? How can a hazmat suit not be enough protection from cv19 ?? I don’t understand this...

As a dad this is my biggest fear right now.
It's hard to not be paranoid knowing that if my kids get sick they're going to hospital without me and I can't visit them.
A hazmat suit would keep you safe but they're in short supply and apparently the doctors need them more than the parents
I can't imagine how scared and alone that kid must have felt
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 02 Apr 2020, 3:06 pm

FP - ^ this is what is giving me nightmares. I’d not let that kid be alone, if it meant I was exposed - sorry, I’d take that risk. I just don’t understand it.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 02 Apr 2020, 3:32 pm

marksman wrote:this is straight from the chinese propaganda machine :lol:

just like the tiananmen square massacre being bullchit and not in

Not just in China, but many Asian countries people have multiple sims. Usually because mobile phone companies will have deals for unlimited talk between their own subscribers but high rates between other mobile company.

Even in Australia, Optus had 8pm to 12pm free chat between Optus subscribers a few years ago...i know you are old and losing memory but still you may even remember....

But yes everyone needs a link now a days, so
https://www.thatsmags.com/china/post/27 ... han-people

I mean you want to disagree with me Just cuz it makes you feel good... keep on it mate... just makes you look even more silly.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by marksman » 02 Apr 2020, 7:01 pm

TassieTiger wrote:FP - ^ this is what is giving me nightmares. I’d not let that kid be alone, if it meant I was exposed - sorry, I’d take that risk. I just don’t understand it.

my wife and l have been talking about it as well Tassie and l agree l would not leave any of my children alone :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 02 Apr 2020, 7:08 pm

Unfortunately when it comes to infectious disease wards there is no choice about visitors or even parents. They are sealed off with often several layers of preparing and decontamination when leaving. Only access is to the select few doctors and nurses.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Farmerpete » 02 Apr 2020, 7:18 pm

Unfortunately marksman I don't think you get the choice my understanding is they won't let anyone who doesn't need medical attention in the hospital
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 02 Apr 2020, 8:42 pm

Farmerpete wrote:Unfortunately marksman I don't think you get the choice my understanding is they won't let anyone who doesn't need medical attention in the hospital

l have heard this :unknown:
how utterly gut wrenching :thumbsdown:

you have to feel for the families
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 02 Apr 2020, 9:38 pm

I think I’d end up arrested or sedated or - I don’t know. Watching your kid from a distance take their last breaths? I don’t care the cost of hazmat or other Ppe - you’d pay it...

I did see wannaroo posted up that drs in US were currently debating a do not resuscitate policy...tough and conflicting times.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 02 Apr 2020, 9:56 pm

If my kid was dying of covid 19 in a hospital bed
I wouldn't care if I caught the illness
Id wanna be by his side regardless of anything

There should be like a form that you can sign agreeing that it's 100% on you if you get sick from exposure if you wanna be next to a dying loved one

But then again
If you fall sick
Then technically you'd become a burden to the state and to the healthcare system as the state would have to then take care of you as well

It'd be counter productive from the state's perspective

Someone in Europe told me that in covid 19 wards in Europe
Obviously they don't have enough ventilators for everyone
So what they do is
They give the ventilators to young people only
As they consider that the older people are not far off from passing away anyway even if they didn't have covid 19
So they'd rather have the old people die
And they prioritize the young people this way...

We live in such incredibly heartbreaking times

My 2x best friends are just about to lose their jobs as well due to covid 19 too

This whole thing is so incredibly catastrophic and life shattering on so many levels, I don't think there are words to describe what's going on right now

Scott Morrison said that 2020 would be the toughest year of our lives

You better believe it :/
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 03 Apr 2020, 8:37 am

Well the most likely demographic to die of any disease including old age is those over 80.

Without going full retard Tin foil hat it has been published and reported by reputable reporters that the statistics being given by different countries vary in how they are reported. for example in Italy every person that dies if they have covid 19 are being reported to have died from that. There are doctors saying that there is a % of these people that would have died anyway to one of there underling health conditions and any common cold could have been the tipping point for them.

In the US we still have to get another 800,000 people infected just to reach there normal infection rate of Influenza A+B each year. 60,000 deaths so the projected 240,000 deaths while well over the normal is not good news to those that may get it. It is really not the apocalyptic event that seems to be being reported on around the world.

From the US CDC

Heart disease: 647,457
Cancer: 599,108
Accidents (unintentional injuries): 169,936
Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 160,201
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 146,383
Alzheimer’s disease: 121,404
Diabetes: 83,564
Influenza and pneumonia: 55,672
Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 50,633
Intentional self-harm (suicide): 47,173

Source: Deaths: Leading Causes for 2017, table 1 pdf icon[PDF- 2 MB]
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by marksman » 03 Apr 2020, 9:27 am

one thing l have noticed is that people who are affected are either male or female :unknown:

l am so confused :wtf: why not the xyz non binary genders :lol:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Gamerancher » 03 Apr 2020, 9:35 am

I call that lot "the alphabet folk".
Gamerancher
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

New South Wales

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 03 Apr 2020, 10:03 am

America has a population of 327million people
(Approximately)

Half of America is = 163.5million people

1% of half of America is = 1.6million people

Even if the Covid 19 has a death rate of only 1%
Even if only half of America contracts the illness
You really would be looking at at least 1million deaths
Which would be awful
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 03 Apr 2020, 10:10 am

TheFirearmEnthusiast wrote:Someone in Europe told me that in covid 19 wards in Europe
Obviously they don't have enough ventilators for everyone
So what they do is
They give the ventilators to young people only
As they consider that the older people are not far off from passing away anyway even if they didn't have covid 19
So they'd rather have the old people die
And they prioritize the young people this way...

We live in such incredibly heartbreaking times

My 2x best friends are just about to lose their jobs as well due to covid 19 too

This whole thing is so incredibly catastrophic and life shattering on so many levels, I don't think there are words to describe what's going on right now

Scott Morrison said that 2020 would be the toughest year of our lives

You better believe it :/

From what I have seen from statistics, if you go on the ventilator with this, you only have about a 20% chance of making it. Much has been talked about how we need all these ventilators but they are only going to do so much.

What I find in life is there is a flip side to everything. From that perspective this has been the movie of the year. We've seen all the social justice warriors implode, we've seen who all the unprepared and mentally unstable and BS'ers are, we've seen what a horrible organization the Chinese Communist Party is and what they have done, we've seen the failures of big government.

On a personal level, if you look at the statistics, few healthy people succumb to this, it's people with heart disease, diabetes, cancer and other things. If you've been smoking, eating, drinking and doing other stressful things that affect your health and not getting enough exercise, this is your wake up call.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Ziege » 03 Apr 2020, 10:19 am

In a twisted sort of way it would be good if so many do get it in the USA, not to ruin America but then, maybe then they will get back into commie squashing mode
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by TheFirearmEnthusiast » 03 Apr 2020, 10:23 am

Haha

I do believe in always looking at the silver lining as well

If anything

That should teach the whole world to never trust China and to get our manufacturing out of China for good

Left Wing Communists are the worst
TheFirearmEnthusiast
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 03 Apr 2020, 10:24 am

On a personal level, if you look at the statistics, few healthy people succumb to this, it's people with heart disease, diabetes, cancer and other things. If you've been smoking, eating, drinking and doing other stressful things that affect your health and not getting enough exercise, this is your wake up call.

That % of healthy people seems to be getting bigger and bigger...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by straightshooter » 04 Apr 2020, 8:00 am

Doubters
Peruse the latest gun bill before US Congress
https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... text?q=%7B"search"%3A%5B"hr+5717"%5D%7D&r=1&s=1

And when you can be bothered read up about 4IR (Fourth Industrial Revolution) and the possible effect it might have on "useless eaters".

As for cheap petrol, have a look on fuelcheck. 79.9 cents per liter E10
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation