Stupid simple cures

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: Stupid simple cures

Post by sungazer » 05 Apr 2020, 3:05 pm

Well perhaps not wear gloves when you drench the cattle. I never have and always spill some on myself. On another not I have also used it to treat mange in wombats on advice from my vet well before it became widely accepted animal welfare treatment.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 05 Apr 2020, 5:41 pm

I know most are not serious... butt as a public service announcement any remedies mentioned in this thread should be not be taken....if you need a reason Google Iranian people dead after drinking methanol as a covid cure
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Tiger650 » 05 Apr 2020, 6:10 pm

I have 4 litres of Isopropyl Alcohol "hoarded" a few years back and read then that 30% water dilution is necessary to allow water content break cell membrane of bacteria and virus.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 05 Apr 2020, 7:28 pm

The hand sanitizer protocol is really only effective if you are going into a shop or place that you would not normally go. for families that are living together at home and are effectively isolated wash hands when entering the home but as far as giving you home deep cleaning with Germ and virus killers you are probably doing your family more harm than good.

it has been shown that people today have more food allergies and other forms of allergies from simply not getting outdoors enough and being exposed to what is in nature.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Col » 05 Apr 2020, 8:51 pm

As Sungazer mentioned Ivermectin is a drench for cattle and also sheep. The irony is that it was once released as a loucicde for sheep which was used as a wet dip. Then some enterprising people realised that they could dilute it greatly and provide a very cheap form of the the standard Ivermec oral drench for sheep. So they took it off the market. Ivermectin is used in dog heartworm tablets.
Col
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by wanneroo » 06 Apr 2020, 1:22 am

sungazer wrote:it has been shown that people today have more food allergies and other forms of allergies from simply not getting outdoors enough and being exposed to what is in nature.

Exactly.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by TassieTiger » 07 Apr 2020, 6:11 pm

From the WA premier - does he think stating the blatant and repetitive obvious is really going to help ?

"This disease can kill, and if we are not taking the measures required it will take others," he said

really ? It can kill ?? Ffs...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Tiger650 » 07 Apr 2020, 9:47 pm

Surely right Tas

"This disease can kill, and if we are not taking the measures required it will take others," he said

My Dad had a saying "Empty vessels make the most noise", referring to people who have to talk any sort of $hit for the purpose of being heard.
Tiger650
Corporal
Corporal

Victoria

Post by trekin » 10 Apr 2020, 7:37 am

Update on hand sanitisers, test have now shown that 76% - 83% Ethanol will kill off, or reduce viral load to a negligible level within 30 seconds. Below is a recipe for making a hand sanitiser within that range;
sanitiser.JPG
sanitiser.JPG (100.67 KiB) Viewed 2247 times

Diggers brand Metho is 95% Ethanol, 4% water and 1% bitteners.

For anyone who owns a micro brewery, and wants to start making hand sanitisers;
https://www.who.int/gpsc/5may/Guide_to_ ... uction.pdf
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by sungazer » 10 Apr 2020, 9:35 am

I thought they were going to share a good wash recipe. :D Perhaps even a Still Design.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by snag » 10 Apr 2020, 8:09 pm

Metho. Straight from the bottle. Bush first aid at it's simplest and most effective.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation