The combined COVID-19 topic

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: The combined COVID-19 topic

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 18 Apr 2020, 8:03 am

I just looking at Singapore is starting to buzz.. spike of 700 new cases overnight
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 18 Apr 2020, 11:24 am

TassieTiger wrote:Talking about civil liberties? This is just off the show...
GOVT in Tas has asked for legal advice in regards to getting the population of NW tassie to download a tracking APP and if your pulled over and refuse to prove you’ve downloaded app to your phone ? $1600 fine and mandated app installed ON THE SPOT!
Lie and say you don’t have a smart phone? Well - they are also trying to gain advice Re getting info from ph companies...IF THIS went ahead - think this might stop at NW Tas?

1939 Austria - “do you have your phone/papers, show me your app...nein? Come wiv me...”
Ffs.

Sounds totally insane. I'd fight that every way you can.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by wanneroo » 18 Apr 2020, 11:32 am

https://hotair.com/archives/allahpundit ... cXGCwZ3lXc

As expected SARS 2 is probably a lot more common out there than the stated confirmed cases show.

Also SARS 2 is up to nine mutations now, with the ninth being more mild. In the end this is going to be with us forever, vaccine or no vaccine.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by marksman » 18 Apr 2020, 1:01 pm

SARS 2 = SARS thats been farked with by the chinese = CCP virus

what l have read is that in reference to a vaccine it may become like HIV where there is no actual vaccine but they may be able to develop an antiviral/ immune boosting medication to help you with it but the CCP virus will always be circulating in your system

the reason I mention HIV is because the CCP virus has a sequence of HIV DNA strain, this HIV part of the CCP virus is what is enabling it to be able to enter and over take our cells. A vaccine must be able to get our bodies to create antibodies for the virus before it enters our cells. Like with HIV there is no such vaccine.

also Scomo has stated there will be no forced app on mobiles in Australia
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 18 Apr 2020, 4:06 pm

Sounds totally insane. I'd fight that every way you can.

Sounds like our prime minister is also not ruling out the mandatory tracking app to be downloaded...but story was removed from ABC.

But if you think there are some double standards around?
https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-04- ... t/12161040
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by snag » 18 Apr 2020, 7:40 pm

I have a mobile phone because it's convenient. When I was a young bloke, we didn't have a phone in the house - you went into town and used the phone box outside the post office. Not saying this is practical now, but if they start using mobile phones like tracking bracelets on prisoners I'll be putting mine on the chopping block and tossing it in the creek. We are adhering to every social distancing condition they have mandated and are happy to do so if it helps end this situation. Far too old and battered to be treated like I can't be trusted when I have lived my life as a law abiding citizen.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 18 Apr 2020, 8:11 pm

l'm putting this up not to argue but as a different view to what ziad has put up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Le_rfTdayLs&t=1696s

if details are sketchy they can be fact checked, supposedly they already are
who knows what the truth is or will ever know because the ccp has destroyed the evidence so we wont know

l will say that l do not know :unknown:
Last edited by marksman on 19 Apr 2020, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 19 Apr 2020, 7:52 am

Mate, your video is produced and published by

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Tan ... Television
https://mb.ntd.com/

Everyone knows about Falun Gong, a persecuted minority outlawed by the Chinese government.

Not saying everything they post up is dodgy, but it will be highly biased against the current Chinese government atleast.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 19 Apr 2020, 9:12 am

Let’s go for an overseas hunt to the USA and alaska Salmon fishing too bears wolves whitetail and elk , kayak down the Grand Canyon Margaritas on the beach in California. A night on the tables in Las Vegas Daily COVID deaths in Australia 3 or 4........only 4600 in the USA ......
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 19 Apr 2020, 10:11 am

Blr243 wrote:Let’s go for an overseas hunt to the USA and alaska Salmon fishing too bears wolves whitetail and elk , kayak down the Grand Canyon Margaritas on the beach in California. A night on the tables in Las Vegas Daily COVID deaths in Australia 3 or 4........only 4600 in the USA ......

you will need a bigger gun than the 243 Blr :lol:

marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 19 Apr 2020, 10:50 am

Sergeant Hartman wrote:Mate, your video is produced and published by

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Tan ... Television
https://mb.ntd.com/

Everyone knows about Falun Gong, a persecuted minority outlawed by the Chinese government.

Not saying everything they post up is dodgy, but it will be highly biased against the current Chinese government atleast.

Is there any such thing as an unbiased publication these days? I believe, we are passed the point of being able to trust anyone to report anything - without an agenda of at least some degree...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Blr243 » 19 Apr 2020, 11:29 am

With the correct stance , hip rotation and technique , you can just walk up with your hands and break the neck of a grizzly bear , I would make a video to show you but travel in North America too unsafe at the moment
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by marksman » 19 Apr 2020, 11:36 am

thats right Tassie, there is no such thing as an unbiased publication these days
who's to know what is the truth about anything these days with all the propaganda confusing everyone

what l put up is not about "the Falun Gong people in china" its a documentary about an investigation exploring the scientific data, and interviews from top scientists and national security experts and while the mystery surrounding the CCP virus's origin remains much is learned about the CCP's cover-up that led to the pandemic and the threat it poses to the world

l am not saying the vid is correct, its a different view
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by marksman » 19 Apr 2020, 11:38 am

Blr243 wrote:With the correct stance , hip rotation and technique , you can just walk up with your hands and break the neck of a grizzly bear , I would make a video to show you but travel in North America too unsafe at the moment

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your a funny guy Blr :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 19 Apr 2020, 11:54 am

Chuck Norris taught me how to do it
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Post by Stix » 19 Apr 2020, 2:34 pm

Haha good old chuck...!!

Grew out my stubble out once to a Chuck Norris length beard...was back in days of live gigs so i used to wear the sleeveless T-shirt for comfort on the kit...

I didnt like the extra facial hair for heat & sweat reasons, but i ended up keeping it a little longer than i wanted to because many people, most importantly all the girls would come up to me saying i look like Chuck Norris...lol...
Initially i wasnt sure of the comments, but when they rub up against you saying they like ol Chuck, i left it for a few months longer...lol...but i got rid of it as i couldnt stand how the hair just held hot water, or the level of iQ it attracted...

But boy what id give now... :lol: :lol: :clap: :lol:

Ofcourse, i had hair back then...& rock'in hair at that...!!...lol
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 19 Apr 2020, 2:40 pm

Good point Tassie. I would actually call it... in the age of social media... If the media sites doesn't agree with your views... find one that does :D

In seriousness, you can only look at right wing media and decide that's the truth, or look at the lefty and decide that's the truth... or look at centre.... that's your choice. I be honest and in only look at centre... left and right are both too freaky for me.

Hence my post in last page, its France saying they highly doubt that its a man made virus.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 19 Apr 2020, 6:44 pm

Just to add to my prev post. Tassie, that's why i usually check multiple news sites for my info..... and that's why i also quoted Andrew Fauci who is Presidential advisor. To get a view from the other camp.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 19 Apr 2020, 8:43 pm

I dont want to start any sort of argument here. Not bashing the US or praising the Chinese. I believe in trying to keep things in perspective. However all the rhetoric about not trusting the Chinese while may be true. It may turn out that this virus actually started first in some other country but the medical authorities were not on the ball enough to identify it or do anything about it. This is often the case from Countries that have a false sense of security.
Trekkin alluded to it in that he had a respiratory illness early in the year and the best Australia could do, or at least did was identify it as Not identified virus but similar to Sars.

When we are talking about trust. I think IMHO the US would be at the bottom of the list. The US gov in conjunction with the CIA has been involved with destabilizing governments all over the world continually since the second world war. They have assassinated Leaders of countries so they could install puppet governments, they have armed militant groups to oust governments with the result often being a complete disaster with the US backed leader turning out to be a Physco dictator that have killed large ethnic or religious groups within their country.

There is a lot of talk about holding countries accountable for their action that have resulted in the deaths of people in other countries or their own country. If a list was made of all the covert operations held all over the world and the resulting loss of life from those actions and the economic hardships caused it may change the way people think about all the world super powers.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Bill » 19 Apr 2020, 8:55 pm

Yeap spot on sungazer, we have the western media ritual of lapping up the usual USA goop.

Rarely does the truth come out til well after the event, 9/11 is a good example along with the Iraqi WMD conjob.
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by sungazer » 19 Apr 2020, 9:45 pm

I was thinking more about the events that occurred all around the world. These are just a small amount that have disclosed. Is there any other Country that have meddled in so many other countries affairs? The Loss of life on the US side should have the US people suing their own Government.
1952: Egypt, 1953: Iran, 1954: Guatemala, 1956–1957: Syria,1957–1959: Indonesia, 1958: Lebanon, 1959: Iraq, Argentina, Brazil, Cuba, Chile, Congo, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Nicaragua, Boliva, British Giauna, Vietnam, Cambodia, Jordan, Laos, Angola, Mozambique, Uruguay, Iraq, Korea,, Syria, Chad

The US tried to change other Countries Governments 72 times Washington Post.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mon ... e-regimes/

https://foreignpolicy.com/2013/08/20/ma ... verthrown/
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by Stix » 19 Apr 2020, 10:07 pm

Sorry to say something different...

I heard on the wireless that all the help the Govt has offered Virgin Airlines, it isnt enough to keep it afloat.

Aparently there is interest from the Chinese, among a few other groups from both Australia & abroad to take it over...
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by sungazer » 19 Apr 2020, 10:24 pm

That doesnt surprise me at all. Those with money and that are smart always take advantage of a situation. When I saw the Virgin Shares would sell for $0.08 or 8 cents each if the were trading I might take a gamble on them as well.

While the Chinese may be communist it is not the communism that was touted in the 50s and 60s there are many very rich public companies and private individuals. Their citizens are allowed to travel the world and students are allowed to study abroad. While other countries allow full and open trade the Chinese and or others (perhaps Arab) companies will buy up any bargains to be had.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by poid » 19 Apr 2020, 10:52 pm

Nah it's still just communism, they've been clever in convincing many in the West that it is somehow a capitalist communist system. Those rich individuals are only rich so long as the party allows it. They oppress minorities who they see as threats, and dictate every part of life in China. Allowing their citizens and companies abroad is so they can get their hands on information, technologies and get into positions where they can influence for the benefit of China. It was like that in communist countries in the past, those connected to the party and party officials lived lavish lives, traveled and were educated overseas, and ran the businesses, companies etc. Those who opposed communism were crushed, and those in the middle slaved away.

Everything they do is for the good of the party; think about Wuhan, they lock the city down and stop domestic flights out of Wuhan, but they continue to allow international flights. They delay release of information and get the WHO to corroborate that there is no human to human transmission so no need to stop travel from China. Basically, they make sure that if the virus is going to cause economic chaos in China it'll cause it everywhere.

I'm glad people are finally starting to see how the CCP operates.
poid
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by marksman » 19 Apr 2020, 11:13 pm

sungazer wrote:I dont want to start any sort of argument here. Not bashing the US or praising the Chinese. I believe in trying to keep things in perspective. However all the rhetoric about not trusting the Chinese while may be true. It may turn out that this virus actually started first in some other country but the medical authorities were not on the ball enough to identify it or do anything about it.

WTF, you are kidding :lol: , just trying to get a rise :lol:

is it because its so late and people have had a few :unknown: the mind boggles :roll: l shouldn't really bother :thumbsdown:

very entertaining :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by wanneroo » 20 Apr 2020, 12:02 am

It's most likely not an engineered bio weapon but it's open source knowledge that the Chinese were studying multiple SARS viruses in bats at that lab. In fact they openly discussed it on the lab's website. The US government had questions about the safety and security of the lab a few years ago.

In the end, the Chinese government found out about it and later in cahoots with the WHO they covered up the deadly potential of human to human transmission until it was too late and the virus spread to all corners of the world.

Now I know some folks are obsessed with some government the CIA had a hand in overthrowing back 70 years ago, but that's not what we are talking about here.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by trekin » 20 Apr 2020, 6:14 am

sungazer wrote:I dont want to start any sort of argument here. Not bashing the US or praising the Chinese. I believe in trying to keep things in perspective. However all the rhetoric about not trusting the Chinese while may be true. It may turn out that this virus actually started first in some other country but the medical authorities were not on the ball enough to identify it or do anything about it. This is often the case from Countries that have a false sense of security.
Trekkin alluded to it in that he had a respiratory illness early in the year and the best Australia could do, or at least did was identify it as Not identified virus but similar to Sars.

When we are talking about trust. I think IMHO the US would be at the bottom of the list. The US gov in conjunction with the CIA has been involved with destabilizing governments all over the world continually since the second world war. They have assassinated Leaders of countries so they could install puppet governments, they have armed militant groups to oust governments with the result often being a complete disaster with the US backed leader turning out to be a Physco dictator that have killed large ethnic or religious groups within their country.

There is a lot of talk about holding countries accountable for their action that have resulted in the deaths of people in other countries or their own country. If a list was made of all the covert operations held all over the world and the resulting loss of life from those actions and the economic hardships caused it may change the way people think about all the world super powers.

Please, forgive me if I've taken your first paragraph out of context. Yes, myself and a large number of fellow highlanders had, what tests showed at the time, to be an unknown sister virus to the flue with respiratory distress, that I now believe to have been covid 19, in early January. And yes, I argued that the AU authorities would not have known about nor had the tests for this virus at that time, and that when they were informed by WHO, or the Chinese Gov't about this virus they then spent all of their resources in detecting the virus at the border, forgetting, or worse still, ignoring the fact that there was a very high probability that it had already been brought in before hand. But I never suggested that this virus started here, in fact, as I said then and still believe now, that the early January outbreack on an unknown virus on the CQ Highlands can be traced sqarely back to a delegation of Chinese engineers and company officals from Wuhan, who were here for the sign over of coal wagons to Aurizon Rail.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by wanneroo » 20 Apr 2020, 6:54 am

I think the virus got into these countries earlier than many think.

Here's a surprising test:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... 9-and-none

Homeless shelter in Boston, 397 tested, 146 tested positive and none had any symptoms.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 20 Apr 2020, 7:14 am

Yep been said that it shows up without symptoms, add to that people can get reinfected is very worrying.

Well we know that the virus will infect cats and dogs. Outta quote feasible that the bat infected a cat/dog.... Did it's necessary mutation and then a Chinese person ate the infected animal.

Or the most dangerous, if birds, especially migratory birds can carry the virus.... there goes the free range chicken and egg industry (sory going offtopic)... but it could spread like the flu then.

In a way i do agree with Mark the Chinese did cover up things, but i think our was low level bureaucrats that did it to save their own skin not high level conspirasory. And there are heaps and heaps of things to learn about this virus, how it works and infects and even how it was formed.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by trekin » 20 Apr 2020, 7:26 am

wanneroo wrote:I think the virus got into these countries earlier than many think.

Here's a surprising test:

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/ ... 9-and-none

Homeless shelter in Boston, 397 tested, 146 tested positive and none had any symptoms.

In their rush to ignore and deny the fact that covid 19 was here well before the first offical case, South Aus authorities have banned the use of the antibody POCT, and other States are discouraging there use as well. The authorities say that these tests return too many false positives, that is to say that too many people who test positive to the antibody, but when tested for the actual covid 19 virus, the test return negative. These are two different tests, testing for two different things.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation