The combined COVID-19 topic

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: The combined COVID-19 topic

Post by wanneroo » 21 Apr 2020, 10:55 am

trekin wrote:In their rush to ignore and deny the fact that covid 19 was here well before the first offical case, South Aus authorities have banned the use of the antibody POCT, and other States are discouraging there use as well. The authorities say that these tests return too many false positives, that is to say that too many people who test positive to the antibody, but when tested for the actual covid 19 virus, the test return negative. These are two different tests, testing for two different things.

I'm sure a lot of this is going to be worked out in time with testing. Probably six months to a year down the road things will be much improved.
wanneroo
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

United States of America

Post by AussieCapitalist » 21 Apr 2020, 2:23 pm

I just hope a lot of red tape is cut and businesses can operate with less boot on their necks. I envision a lot more local manufacturing to occur in the near future as the world moves away from globalisation and into a more nationalistic focus. The longer business are closed the harder it will be for them to recover, so things have to open up quickly. The unions really annoy me. If you are not happy with the pay and conditions do not sign the contract. it is that easy. Start your own company if you think you can do it better, do not try to hold a company hostage by making demands.

The future looks pretty good in terms of prosperity as we have everything we need in this country to manufacture and feed ourselves. The UK imports half of their food which is horrible in times like this, where Australia only imports 6%. So all the fancy imported smelly cheese and stuff might not be available locally for awhile but I am sure one can still survive with coon or beqa.

There is a lot of money up for grabs in this country as being "Australian Made with local ingredients" and employing "Local" will be a huge marketing point in the very near future.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by trekin » 22 Apr 2020, 8:50 am

wanneroo wrote:I'm sure a lot of this is going to be worked out in time with testing. Probably six months to a year down the road things will be much improved.

From waht I've seen, very few here in Aus want to even entertain the possibility that this virus could have reach here weeks before the 25 January.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 22 Apr 2020, 6:33 pm

Yep more so that people are not really getting tested.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by perentie » 24 Apr 2020, 7:58 am

perentie
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Apr 2020, 9:21 am

Lol that's just funny.. and he's Australian..... well actually hes pommy.

And none of the Australian media mentions him... that's sad. This could explain a new link... butt more importantly is not good news for vegan and vegetarian people... as hurts commonly known eating a vegan diet results in more farts.... gives another meaning to fart camp
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Stix » 24 Apr 2020, 12:53 pm

Hell...I didnt even know there was an initial meaning to 'fart camp'... :?
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 24 Apr 2020, 1:12 pm

Ahh well i could tell you... but may be the last thing you hear.. ever
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 Apr 2020, 8:10 am

Ill. just leave this picture here for Bill and I to laugh about.

FB_IMG_1587764766462.jpg
FB_IMG_1587764766462.jpg (41.04 KiB) Viewed 4854 times
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Bill » 25 Apr 2020, 8:47 am

I hope thats aged dettol, I wouldnt drink anything less :lol: :lol: :drinks:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by AussieCapitalist » 25 Apr 2020, 11:11 am

Got to love the leftist media. The left is happy to inject kids with hormones but not happy to research ingestible chemicals to kill the virus? :allegedly:
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 Apr 2020, 1:59 pm

Lol looks like i have made another friend.... or you have changed names. Hehe

Mate its easy, why don't you drink that stuff and let us know if it works or not.

Its not the job anyone except heath experts to tell the population what they should or shouldn't do to safeguard themselves from cronavirus.

Hey i am not a chippy, and i won't tell stix how to put up a frame for a house. Even though 9/10 a frame slapped up by me will probably be standing in 10-15 years time.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by AussieCapitalist » 25 Apr 2020, 2:11 pm

I am a friend of anyone mate, except communists and big government types. Nobody said to anyone what they should or should not do. He merely mentioned things that are being looked into. If washing your hands can keep the virus off your hands then looking into an ingestible type of cleaner for the body might be beneficial. You wont know until you look into it. Clearly over the counter products are not meant for human consumption and the media is making out that he is telling everyone to go and drink bleach when that is not the case.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 Apr 2020, 3:28 pm

Mate that's a very interesting point you make, unfortunately i am unable to give you an answer
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 Apr 2020, 4:59 pm

That's even better...

Bring out the ultraviolet sun tan beds... they can send UV light inside the body
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by sungazer » 25 Apr 2020, 5:52 pm

They use UV light or have in the past to sterilize and keep medical instruments in kills bacteria and Viruses. Also used in food processing plants and canneries. Perhaps a dialysis machine could be used and run your blood through the UV. The world probably has less dialysis machines than ventilators.
sungazer
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Other

Post by AussieCapitalist » 26 Apr 2020, 1:25 pm

I just want things to reopen. The economy is never going to recover if they keep it down for to long. The death rate world wide is so low and is nothing different than usual seasons. The death rate is less than 0.5%, that is nothing considering people die all the time from a magnitude of different things. Many more people will die from the economic fallout than from the virus. We have to get the economy moving!!!!!
Last edited by AussieCapitalist on 26 Apr 2020, 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Blackened » 26 Apr 2020, 1:27 pm

For a while now this has been the same few people going in circles trying to turn this topic to things that it is not about.

Crap deleted.

Topic locked.
Blackened

New South Wales

Previous

Return to Off topic - General conversation