Michael Moore has a new movie

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Michael Moore has a new movie

Post by marksman » 27 Apr 2020, 9:05 pm

Michael Moore released the documentary “Planet of the Humans,” free to charge this week to mark Earth Day.

"Green groups are actually trying to get 'Planet of the Humans' banned.

"Isn't that a sign of the times? If you don't like the message, just try and ban it."

the left is imploding, worth a good laugh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk11vI-7czE
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Re: Michael Moore has a new movie

Post by Bill » 27 Apr 2020, 9:42 pm

TBH I never seen any of his movies, is he a good actor marksman ?
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Ziege » 27 Apr 2020, 9:49 pm

He is a biased doco maker, famous for making the anti gun "bowling for Columbine" film..

He is notoriously left wing which makes it hilarious that they are trying to ban him, and for what? Pointing out that which those in Cologne Germany have already pointed out through a mile of research ten feet deep, that EV cars are starkly inefficient compared to diesel and petrol hybrids and turbo diesel engines. And that the EV push is merely backed by the same coal and gas burning energy companies that already pollute, and take the piss.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by marksman » 27 Apr 2020, 10:14 pm

Bill wrote:TBH I never seen any of his movies, is he a good actor marksman ?

you didn't disappoint me Bill l thought you would turn up pretty quickly for a sh!tstir :lol:

l dont believe you Bill l reckon he's your hero ;) :lol:

and yes Ziege he is a very biased doco maker very left wing, that's why this film is so surprising
the left are up in arms about it trying to get there champion banned because he's turning on the cause
l have watched the trailer and it is really funny watching the truth come out :wtf:
its what a few of us on this forum have been saying for quite a while :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 27 Apr 2020, 10:22 pm

Bill wrote:TBH I never seen any of his movies, is he a good actor marksman ?

He is as good at acting, as you are hating the Big D - both false in reality.

Started watching this and couldn’t turn it off but kids got too me and I couldn’t concentrate, its a very good doco!
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Bill » 27 Apr 2020, 11:31 pm

Not Interested in watching a bearded slob but you guys can knock urself out :lol:

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 28 Apr 2020, 7:17 am

Ahh i saw the title and went wtf is marksman wasting lefty propoganda... Michael did a documentary on a couple of VIPs as well.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by straightshooter » 28 Apr 2020, 8:05 am

What a wonderful transformation Bill.
It went from "who dat" to placement on the forbidden to watch register in no time.
So it looks like I will be compelled to watch it now.

Sergeant Hartman, propaganda only has any effect when the susceptible unquestioning target audience don't realise that they are being propagandised. Have you ever noticed just how much regurgitation of advertising slogans there is on shooting forums.
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Stoney » 28 Apr 2020, 7:45 pm

you didn't disappoint me Bill l thought you would turn up pretty quickly for a sh!tstir

Comment of the month :clap: :clap: :clap:
Stoney
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Stix » 28 Apr 2020, 7:49 pm

Which one... :unknown:

And LOL Straightshooter... :thumbsup:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by Bill » 28 Apr 2020, 8:00 pm

I find it absolutely hilarious Michael Moore is compulsory viewing for the right wing gang bangers, must be that time of the month :lol:

Id prefer to watch fishing black bass in PNG and rock fishing for spandiards, each to their own I guess :drinks:

Hell boyz maybe watch some local content instead of some Seppo Leftard crap, Amberleigh West (Playboy bunny) was on plenty of YBS episodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8FYjSdY5Cg

Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 28 Apr 2020, 9:03 pm

Bill - are you upset that the film exposes your second love, Al Gore as a Money chasing hypocrite ?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Ziege » 28 Apr 2020, 10:12 pm

:sarcasm: Bill likes influencing people and making new friends
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Stix » 29 Apr 2020, 12:46 am

Well i just watched it...maybe you other boys should go to your room & do the same...naughty naughty...!!...

SOme good things in there i think... :clap:
Although it is using the same style of dramatic sensational editing to get its point across, & personally im sick of that style of reporting-
Good on him for admitting his attitude toward green issues in the past was naive... :thumbsup: ...i doubt we'll see the likes of Greta & co admitting such things... :silent:

49:32 -- 51:50 is worth a watch--particularly something David Attenbro & Greta's followers need to listen to...how cool is that Social Psycologist...!!!!... :clap:

And for what its worth...for those thinking of building a deck out of Indonesian/Malaysian timber without having world class certification traceability to the source of the timber...skip all the way to 1:30:40 & watch it for 3 mins until the screen goes black to see why its worth paying extra for native Australian selective harvested timber... :clap:

Just my little "environmental contribution" to the world for today... :D
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Post by poid » 29 Apr 2020, 7:29 am

it's always hilarious when the dumbest group around, the lefty climate change "activists", get called out by one of their own. It's also satisfying to see a doco that is talking about stuff I have been banging on about forever and something that more people might now understand; the supposed cure for "climate change" is worse than the disease.

What I mean by that is that carbon dioxide is being used to gain money/power at the expense of the actual environment, and so all they are doing is creating more waste and more pollution to solve their "problem" of choice, which is actually just a way of enriching themselves. If you forget about the carbon dioxide nonsense, focus on pollution, water issues, sustainable forests etc you go a long way to solving the environmental problems it is highlighting.

The whole "too many people" thing needs to be called out; that's something that the Club of Rome in particular started talking about have been talking about for decades (back when it was global cooling, and the cold would cause crops to fail...) and they have always been wrong because it is part of their agenda, not based on proper science. Plus, population growth is actually slowing around the world and will start to decline in the coming decades. The UN numbers are showing a peak of 10-11bn people this century and then the population starts to decline, and even now population growth is being driven by Africa with Asia flattening out and the rest of the world either steady or in decline. Of course, this is never mentioned by the "cull the population" folk.

Solving the real, underlying, problem is more complicated, because that is an economic/financial one. "Economic growth" is based on consuming, and that's because of the way economists do the calculations and how the money supply works (they always tell you that "consumption" is 70% of economic growth, so you need to "consume" more...basically the retail outlet contributes more to the economy than the production to make the goods it sells, total nonsense). There are a lot of people with a lot of money at stake who want to make sure that doesn't change.
poid
Private
Private

New South Wales

Post by Ziege » 29 Apr 2020, 8:26 am

Precisely poid it's all been a divide and conquer strategy from the start. Pure propaganda and a complete waste of actual time and life.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by marksman » 29 Apr 2020, 10:41 am

"I’ll go further and state that I don’t think a clear truth can be found anywhere anymore - it’s a new world with fake news everywhere and...there’s no such thing as “unbiased or without prejudice”

your spot on there Tassie :thumbsup:

being old school l will not associate with anyone who cannot plain speak the truth, there are still a few out there :drinks:
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 03 May 2020, 10:10 am

I wonder if MM’s doco had any impact RE this...Elon Musk seeming to be coming undone...

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-52504187
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Return to Off topic - General conversation