GM Crops

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: GM Crops

Post by Blr243 » 30 Apr 2020, 2:59 pm

A mate of mine had a job for a while harvesting canola that had been wind rowed ....he said that as his machine was cruiseig along the amount of foxes, birds and insects that flew out of there was staggering
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by marksman » 30 Apr 2020, 7:18 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Didn't carrots use to be purple but the Dutch changed the colour?

l had to google this :lol:

"It is considered that Carrots were originally purple or white with a thin root, then a mutant occurred which removed the purple pigmentation resulting in a new race of yellow carrots, from which orange carrots were subsequently developed."

“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Stix » 30 Apr 2020, 8:29 pm

Haha...!!!

Whale oil beef hooked...!!!

Mind you...isnt "Carotene" some kind of naturally occuring compound that is found in only a few things...?...like carrots...??...im under the impression carrots have had it ever since they were carrots, not because caveman selectively bred a genetic mutation...

Ill put this here to read later...i like this kind of educational stuff...!!...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carotene

I bloody love carrots...so much so that i even carry them in the car & eat them as a snack... :lol:

Yay for carrots... :clap:

I wonder if the purple ones are as sweet...? :unknown:
The man who knows everything, doesnt really know everything...he's just stopped learning...
Stix
Colonel
Colonel

South Australia

Return to Off topic - General conversation