LEGISLATED road rules,,,,, ????

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: LEGISLATED road rules,,,,, ????

Post by Member-Deleted » 07 May 2020, 11:19 am

TassieTiger wrote:
Denno wrote:
TassieTiger wrote:If govt was 100% serious about road toll - why do even basic family vehicles have the capability of reaching over 200kmh? In this day and age - a chipset could easily limit vehicles to say 120 kmh and further - why do family cars need 0-100 performance? Why aren’t diff Ratios insanely high for economy based performance ?
Well, I think it’s Because - speeding fines are such a huge contribution to coffers...
Yep it would be easy to circumvent a chipset but shet you’d stand out...even further - why don’t modern cars have gps based speed zone limiting, meaning your car oils to do 50 in a 40 zone during school and crap like that - it is pocket change in $$...

This will happen in the future...

And you will be the first to scream blue murder.

I predict there will then be a thread about it on EG... and it will turn to s**t :lol:

Yes, I will be screaming blue murder - as you apparently and quite happily It appears, bend over and enjoy it all the way home from your govt friends lol. I’m going to guess you’d get on well with uncle Kim Jong.
See you in the slow lane lol.

You really think I’m a communist hey? Just because we disagree on stuff :?

You’ll be right mate. You don’t have cars in Tassie yet do you?

What’s the speedo on your horse and cart top out at :lol:
Member-Deleted

Post by TassieTiger » 07 May 2020, 11:34 am

No, I don’t think your a communist - but I don’t take to the position that if the govt says so, it must be right. I’m not a unionist but I strongly value what our forefathers fought for and I don’t take lightly to pissing away their efforts.
They (the govt) work for the people and they make mistakes - and, there are numerous avenues to redress those mistakes...I’ve used many of them personally.

We used to be able to do 60 on our horses, but too many human sheep did nothing when the govt put our speed limit to 10 - so no our horses get fined on a daily basis.

I’ve posted this previously, but for your benefit and evidence as to how mis informed govt reps get things wrong - so wrong, some are just down right hilarious.

About 2-3 years ago now, a prominent politician protested and lobbied the closure of a local curvy road - to motorcyclists. She demanded that police hit the area hard and speed check every bike. The fact was, this road (grass tree hill) was loved by bikes, it was 80kmh but the fastest you could safely do was about 70 ish.
She was livid when the police didn’t stop the bikes using the roads and she took a motion to parliament and in her speech she said -“ these motorcyclists are leaning their bikes over to go around the corners, it’s an unsafe practice and it has to be stamped out. “

The problem? About 85% of the sitting members agreed with her and it took days before someone actually rebutted saying - you do realise motorcyclists HAVE to lean over to go round corners...just one example of thousands.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Member-Deleted » 07 May 2020, 1:34 pm

TassieTiger wrote:No, I don’t think your a communist - but I don’t take to the position that if the govt says so, it must be right. I’m not a unionist but I strongly value what our forefathers fought for and I don’t take lightly to pissing away their efforts.
They (the govt) work for the people and they make mistakes - and, there are numerous avenues to redress those mistakes...I’ve used many of them personally.

We used to be able to do 60 on our horses, but too many human sheep did nothing when the govt put our speed limit to 10 - so no our horses get fined on a daily basis.

I’ve posted this previously, but for your benefit and evidence as to how mis informed govt reps get things wrong - so wrong, some are just down right hilarious.

About 2-3 years ago now, a prominent politician protested and lobbied the closure of a local curvy road - to motorcyclists. She demanded that police hit the area hard and speed check every bike. The fact was, this road (grass tree hill) was loved by bikes, it was 80kmh but the fastest you could safely do was about 70 ish.
She was livid when the police didn’t stop the bikes using the roads and she took a motion to parliament and in her speech she said -“ these motorcyclists are leaning their bikes over to go around the corners, it’s an unsafe practice and it has to be stamped out. “

The problem? About 85% of the sitting members agreed with her and it took days before someone actually rebutted saying - you do realise motorcyclists HAVE to lean over to go round corners...just one example of thousands.

Mate I don’t believe what the gov says is right either. It’s far from right. Most of them are there feeding their snouts with incredibly short sighted views.
The laws are there for various reasons. We can all fight for change and it might help. But rules are rules and we have to abide by the ones that stand and relate to us.
I was in the ETU for over 20 years. It used to be a great movement until little Johnny f***ed it with his workchoice crap. I watched those laws turn unions back into the thugs they were back in the BLF days. I’m glad I don’t have to deal with them any more.

As for grasstree hill. I know the road your talking. It’s between glenorchy and Richmond. My bro used to live in sunny Moonah. Great little bit of road. Never done it on a bike but I’d love to drag a knee around there one day
Member-Deleted

Post by yoshie » 10 May 2020, 10:19 pm

Goldwings should have seat belts, they have air bags, AirCon, stereos and reverse gears.
yoshie
Sergeant
Sergeant

Australian Capital Territory

Post by SAnewb85 » 14 May 2020, 5:15 pm

There is a huge difference between a car crash and a bike crash.

In a car, you have crumple zones, seatbelts and airbags.
On a bike you have absolutely nothing but a helmet and jacket.

Its safer 90% of the time to be held securely in the car, whereas its probably safer to be thrown off a bike and slide/roll away from the impact.

I've been lucky enough to have never had a serious bike accident but I know plenty of people who have and who would've most likely died as a result of their relatively minor accidents had they been attached to the bike.

**As for cars being limited to 120km/h, that's absolute nonsense.

In so many cases its not actually speed that is the issue, it's absolutely piss poor driver training, poorly maintained vehicles and an absolute disregard for the consequences of distracted driving.

The fines and consequences for DUI/Drug driving, using your phone/putting make up on/eating breakfast etc while driving should be massive.

Learners need proper training for when the sh1t hits the fan. there needs to be regular 5-10yrs retesting to keep your license and i think that as people get older 65-70yrs old they need to be tested every 2 years.

There was a guy in Adelaide who was arrested for over 60 speeding fines of at least double the speed limit on a motorbike.
The press conference said the usual speed kills bs, yet old mate proved that speed isn't necessarily the issue as he hasn't died yet, after months of "excessive" speed. Food for thought
SAnewb85
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by bladeracer » 14 May 2020, 5:34 pm

SAnewb85 wrote:There is a huge difference between a car crash and a bike crash.

In a car, you have crumple zones, seatbelts and airbags.
On a bike you have absolutely nothing but a helmet and jacket.

Its safer 90% of the time to be held securely in the car, whereas its probably safer to be thrown off a bike and slide/roll away from the impact.

I've been lucky enough to have never had a serious bike accident but I know plenty of people who have and who would've most likely died as a result of their relatively minor accidents had they been attached to the bike.

**As for cars being limited to 120km/h, that's absolute nonsense.

In so many cases its not actually speed that is the issue, it's absolutely piss poor driver training, poorly maintained vehicles and an absolute disregard for the consequences of distracted driving.

The fines and consequences for DUI/Drug driving, using your phone/putting make up on/eating breakfast etc while driving should be massive.

Learners need proper training for when the sh1t hits the fan. there needs to be regular 5-10yrs retesting to keep your license and i think that as people get older 65-70yrs old they need to be tested every 2 years.

There was a guy in Adelaide who was arrested for over 60 speeding fines of at least double the speed limit on a motorbike.
The press conference said the usual speed kills bs, yet old mate proved that speed isn't necessarily the issue as he hasn't died yet, after months of "excessive" speed. Food for thought

I've had 31 bike crashes on road and track, no car crashes. I would still prefer to crash a bike than a car.
Practice Strict Gun Control - Precision Counts!
bladeracer
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by SAnewb85 » 14 May 2020, 5:36 pm

@bladeracer Agreed mate.
SAnewb85
Private
Private

South Australia

Previous