What if...

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Re: What if,

Post by Farmerpete » 10 May 2020, 12:24 pm

straightshooter wrote:Farmerpete
I think some of your perceptions/beliefs may be tinged with a degree of delusion.
Any coming serious conflict will be won by the party with the greatest quantity and variety of immediately deployable weaponry both defensive and offensive.
It will be too late to rely on ongoing production, so you can forget about supply chains and any thing else related to strategic supply which will largely be smoking ruins.
The big mistake is to use the war that ended 3 generations ago as a model.
Neither should you use as a model of a future all out war, the gunboat diplomacy posing as police actions of recent times nor the assymetric and crypto warfare that is in constant use by many powers.
One thing to remember is that by their very nature all empires are essentially parasitic.
At the moment we have a bloated parasitic empire under threat by lesser but rapidly growing parasitic empire(s).
I suppose it is in our nature to prefer the devil we know to to the devil we don't.

Sooo in short for those of you that need a dictionary to understand this he's saying the Chinese will win any engagement because of superior technology and more people.

In response to this I say look at the stories of the gurkahs during ww2, they took f all casualties and killed alot of enemies with nothing more than a knife.

Take into the fact that America will NEVER let the amount ofresourcesin oz fall into Chinese hands based on what it would do to their economy and your in for a long drawn out war of global proportions. I also doubt the Chinese have higher grade military tech than the country that's whole economy relies on war.

The theory also relies on the Australian population rolling over and giving up their land I don't see that happening study the Viet congregation and their impact on the Americans in Vietnam

Looking at past and present conflicts is the only way to improve military strategy we have to study it or it will be repeated
I'm also updating my guess on when it will start my guess is now some time around the Japanese Olympics as it would be an easy way to have all the world leaders in one place close to china without it raising suspicions.
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 10 May 2020, 3:39 pm

Pete what resources are you talking about, that we only give to America.

Uranium we give it to China and India.
Oil, gas, coal our country is built upon digging pout minerals and giving it to others.

In the end it will come down to who the president is, and what is the public sentiment.

Now going back and Playing devils advocate.

Wernt a few people telling us on this forum that the rate of death was 35%....70%? Where are they gone now. Haven't heard a peep from them

The only other issue to think is from the video posted.... the docs talked these numbers were from California and emphasized it... NY the hardest hit state its death rate is 0.13%. The question is what value we put on a single life or tens of thousands of people?

Once you answer that maybe we can start to think if the economic pain felt was justified. Be a bit hard to ask someone who lost their parent or a child how much they would pay to get the loved one back... or maybe to have 1 more Christmas with them?
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 10 May 2020, 4:23 pm

Sergeant Hartman wrote:
The only other issue to think is from the video posted.... the docs talked these numbers were from California and emphasized it... NY the hardest hit state its death rate is 0.13%. The question is what value we put on a single life or tens of thousands of people?

Once you answer that maybe we can start to think if the economic pain felt was justified. Be a bit hard to ask someone who lost their parent or a child how much they would pay to get the loved one back... or maybe to have 1 more Christmas with them?

Corporate world puts $$$ value on a human life all the time and airlines allow for future payouts for fatalities.

Interesting stats re car accidents - death by car remains a formidable obstacle to reaching the average U.S. life expectancy of 78.8 years.

“Motor vehicle traffic” deaths in the U.S. in 2013, the most recent full year of data available, totaled 33,804, for a death rate of 10.7 per 100,000, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Considering deaths in the U.S. that year totaled slightly less than 2.6 million, the individual American driver’s odds of dying as a result of an injury sustained in an automobile crash (which include pedestrians, bicyclists and motorcyclists involved in car crashes) come out to about 1 in 77 — making it one of the highest-probability causes of death tracked by the CDC.

Consider these stats for driving and ppl still drive - what are the comparable stats for CV that results in economic shut down?
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Farmerpete » 10 May 2020, 11:12 pm

We don't GIVE resources to China we SELL them that's a big difference.
It's no secret America has been in a trade war with China it's also no secret that America is about to go into serious recession based on the fact that a that the oil price tanked by over 50% in a couple of months. Last time it fell that far it took 5 years and bankrupted Venezuela.
The only thing holding the us dollar strong is covid being a great distraction for investors.
The gov of oz has been performing a complex balancing act, selling China our resources fast enough to build our economy while holding back enough mining permits to stop them hurting the U.S. economy.... Russia realised the game and dumped shale oil onto the market which is what caused the collapse of the price.
If China had free access to our oil coal and ore no economy in the world could compete with them. America realises this and it's the reason we have U.S. bases littered around not only Australia but all over the Pacific.
Wars are a tool used by world leaders to unite their nation because it gives people someone else to hate and blame.
Just look at the state of the economy surrounding the last two world wars, the only event that separated them was the great depression. Then start looking at events that aren't covid related in the media and wake up and figure out that covid is the equivalent of the archduke being assassinated ie. It's world news, it upsets the people, it's a really big distraction to how shattered the economy is.
I know this sounds like a message from the tinfoil brigade and Maybe I'm wrong and I hope that I am but this is a WHAT IF thread and this is just a collection of my worst fears being rationalized out loud in hope someone smarter than me can give me a solid reason for me to be wrong
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 10 May 2020, 11:54 pm

Unfortunately FP - I think personally, at least - some of your fears - sadly - are true...if not initially planned (and that’s not a holistic statement either) then definitely capitalised on by an opportunist government that knows exactly what your talking about...where will it end ? That’s the big Q for me...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by TassieTiger » 11 May 2020, 12:34 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4KA1KWlzCuo&t=191s

China threatens Australia via trade
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 11 May 2020, 7:53 am

A friend posted this... thought i should post it here

Screenshot_20200511-075102_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20200511-075102_Facebook.jpg (597.4 KiB) Viewed 4014 times

It probably good to lighten the mood a little
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 26 Nov 2020, 3:24 am

The Chinese are now pushing bsck on accepting coal as well - well, why don’t we pull the pin on sending them iron ore ? We supply 62% of their demand and they can’t get it (quality or quantity) elsewhere. s**t starting to get real...
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-11-26/ ... l/12921354
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by straightshooter » 26 Nov 2020, 6:01 am

TassieTiger wrote:The Chinese are now pushing bsck on accepting coal as well - well, why don’t we pull the pin on sending them iron ore ? We supply 62% of their demand and they can’t get it (quality or quantity) elsewhere. s**t starting to get real...

Isn't that sorta, kinda, like what happens when you bight the hand that feeds you?
Rather than follow a neutral diplomatic path Australia couldn't help but demonstrate that we will always be the US's eternally faithful servile lackey. (Well at least until the next world dominant power comes along provided we aren't incorporated into a certain chain of archipelagos beforehand.)
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
"There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." Sir Joshua Reynolds
straightshooter
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 26 Nov 2020, 8:15 am

And how can you have a diplomatic relationship if the Chinese won’t entertain basic communication?
WhSt they are doing is straight from 2nd grade bully school - in fact, if China was a man and Australia a woman, China would be in court for abuse.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by trekin » 26 Nov 2020, 8:57 am

TassieTiger wrote:The Chinese are now pushing bsck on accepting coal as well - well, why don’t we pull the pin on sending them iron ore ? We supply 62% of their demand and they can’t get it (quality or quantity) elsewhere. s**t starting to get real...

Hey mate, don't fret it. Trade talks with Japan to take up the slack on the coal, are already underway, and the Chinee are not vely imprlessed. As for the iron ore, not even the Chinee can make A grade steel from A grade ore, without A grade coking coal. If they want to cut off their nose to spite their face, have at it, I say.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Bello » 26 Nov 2020, 9:27 am

What is...what they have been telling us was true :unknown:
What if....our Government was not interested in any war
What if ...our government was doing its best for the Australian Populous

Conspiracy theory tend to be just that!

Look on the bright side...its almost Friday and its looking to be a cracking weekend...looks to me like fishing weather :drinks:
Bello
Corporal
Corporal

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 01 Dec 2020, 7:59 pm

This should make all Australians mad...
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.dai ... opers.html
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Oldbloke » 01 Dec 2020, 8:26 pm

Government needs to step in pronto IMO.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 01 Dec 2020, 10:32 pm

Oldbloke wrote:Government needs to step in pronto IMO.

this OB I can strongly agree with, s**t can their lease, they are never ever going to do anything remotely environmentally sound there, they are never going to respect the law and heritage of the place, they do not respect australians or our nations interests, anyone who has travelled and is being honest knows that these are not the kind of people you want going to a pristine area especially a national park.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 02 Dec 2020, 7:23 am

Obey our laws or f*** off.
Wonder which government signed the lease?
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Bill » 02 Dec 2020, 7:59 am

TassieTiger wrote:Just put this here...ahem.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VLGGU3-kTws

Tara Brown, a shining example of poor journalism :lol: :thumbsdown:
When a guy is digging his own grave, you don’t fight him for the shovel.

Success leaves clues, Fools follow failure !

20 Hornet, 218 Bee, 222 Rem, 256 WM, 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.5x55 Scan, 270 Win, 357 Mag, 358 Win, 9.3x62, 500 A Square
Bill
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

New South Wales

Post by Ziege » 02 Dec 2020, 10:04 am

cz515 wrote:Where are the so called greens members of state/federal goberment

Hiding behind their protest banners at defunct blm rallies... too scared to be called racist for protecting that unique island ecosystem,

because they are raging hypocrite morons.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Oldbloke » 04 Dec 2020, 8:10 pm

Sooo, this is interesting reading. Aparently China tried to get control of our iron ore deposits.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-31/ ... c_news_web
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 04 Dec 2020, 8:21 pm

I'm beyond diusgusted that people en mass are only just starting to wake up to what china is...
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Dec 2020, 10:22 am

Ziege wrote:I'm beyond diusgusted that people en mass are only just starting to wake up to what china is...

For quite a long time, (and it's getting worse) I find that reading and hearing what china is up to actually makes me feel physically ill.
:thumbsdown: :problem:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by marksman » 05 Dec 2020, 11:09 am

Die Judicii wrote:
Ziege wrote:I'm beyond diusgusted that people en mass are only just starting to wake up to what china is...

For quite a long time, (and it's getting worse) I find that reading and hearing what china is up to actually makes me feel physically ill.
:thumbsdown: :problem:

+1

and yet the progressives will tell you different
eg.. China is doing a great job at getting their carbon emissions down and should be the world leader in "the great reset"

what l do find funny is seeing sergeant hartman and cz515 on the same page :lol: hilarious :lol: :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 05 Dec 2020, 1:37 pm

China "doing a great job with emissions" haha yeah, with their hundreds of new coal powered electric stations built in the last two years, and their rampant uptake of oil and lpg, yeah they're doing wonders for contributing to co2 emissions. lol.

I have relatives and friends who live there, (aunt is chinese and some friends of mine who are pilots work there training chinese pilots), and at the height of the covid lockdowns and all the "satellite" imagery showing the smog disappearing, meanwhile the actual witnesses on the ground there will tell you it was business as usual for manufacturers and power generation and so on, and the smog never budged one inch.
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by boingk » 05 Dec 2020, 10:30 pm

Hey we all like Mad Max, right? Why not live it for real?

In all seriousness though, if the West goes to war against China this is going to be insanity.

- boingk
Nil
boingk
Sergeant
Sergeant

Other

Post by Ziege » 05 Dec 2020, 10:35 pm

boingk wrote:Hey we all like Mad Max, right? Why not live it for real?

In all seriousness though, if the West goes to war against China this is going to be insanity.

- boingk

As far as a physical war goes, without going nuclear china will get chopped, theyre surrounded by enemies and rely on over 90% imported food and water. the only allies they have is North Korea and a few other plebs, most notably the russians, who are a bigger threat in reality as they have more experience as a an adversary.

most of the muslim states hate china, especially since they have been putting muslims in concentration camps, and pretty much all of the rest of asia either distrust them or hate them... not to mention powers of the west...
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Die Judicii » 05 Dec 2020, 10:42 pm

See the latest headlines on Yahoo,,,, Sinister speculation over China's "bioweapons" plan.

Seems like I wasn't far off the mark when I first penned this topic.
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Pudlux » 05 Dec 2020, 10:43 pm

I think Scomo and crew are doing the right course of action. Better to stand than kneel!
Pudlux
Private
Private

Victoria

Post by Ziege » 05 Dec 2020, 11:20 pm

for all those spruiking the idea of mass covid deaths in the USA, from the horses mouth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yq9bOIHSPHg
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by cz515 » 06 Dec 2020, 8:06 am

Ohh and i am surprised i forgot malarky the enoughgun emoji warrior.

Btw i was reading the latest SSAA magazine it talks about toxoplasmosis and how it can effect metal health of a sufferer. While there are no cures once cysts form but maybe you should get yourself checked out, you have changed this year. Compared to your posts last year where you were a much nicer person.

Maybe its toxoplasmosis, maybe its crona, maybe it's Maybelline :sarcasm:
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

Post by cz515 » 06 Dec 2020, 9:17 am

Ziege wrote:China "doing a great job with emissions" haha yeah, with their hundreds of new coal powered electric stations built in the last two years, and their rampant uptake of oil and lpg, yeah they're doing wonders for contributing to co2 emissions. lol.

I have relatives and friends who live there, (aunt is chinese and some friends of mine who are pilots work there training chinese pilots), and at the height of the covid lockdowns and all the "satellite" imagery showing the smog disappearing, meanwhile the actual witnesses on the ground there will tell you it was business as usual for manufacturers and power generation and so on, and the smog never budged one inch.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: what don't you know, mate my uncle is Santa Claus if you want a present for Christmas let me know... just so have to sit on his lap

Ziege wrote:
As far as a physical war goes, without going nuclear china will get chopped, theyre surrounded by enemies and rely on over 90% imported food and water. the only allies they have is North Korea and a few other plebs, most notably the russians, who are a bigger threat in reality as they have more experience as a an adversary.

most of the muslim states hate china, especially since they have been putting muslims in concentration camps, and pretty much all of the rest of asia either distrust them or hate them... not to mention powers of the west...

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: more important geopolitical analysis. Ok here is something Russia is not a pleb, Pakistan and india are life long enemies, America supports India, and China supports Pakistan. So that's one country. Similarly Iran is more in bed with China than America at the moment. That's another Muslim country. And there are plenty of African countries supporting China. Then even some Middle Eastern countries are being influenced by china (with vaccine trials)... time will tell which way they go.. but i recon it will be America. Still Kuwait, Saudia Arabia, UAE, what do they do, their population combines is probably less than population of Brisbane.
When good men and women can’t speak the truth, when facts are inconvenient, when integrity and character no longer matter, when ego and self-preservation are more important than national security — then there is nothing left to stop the triumph of evil
cz515
Warrant Officer C2
Warrant Officer C2

Victoria

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic - General conversation