NSW Police strip search kids - "unlawful but not misconduct"

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

NSW Police strip search kids - "unlawful but not misconduct"

Post by Member-Deleted » 08 May 2020, 11:15 pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-08/ ... l/12229188

What the actual??!!

Seems like if you are a cop and break the law but it's because you're sh*t at your job and don;t know the law, it's ok.
Member-Deleted

Re: NSW Police strip search kids - "unlawful but not miscond

Post by Ziege » 09 May 2020, 1:37 am

I can recall at least 4 occasions where a couple of idiots from my highschool were undressed by police on the footy field after dark because they had drugs on them, they would have been around 14yo during the 4th occasion and the three other times were the year before... I say f*** it, a guilty person is a guilty person, but context is everything
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by Farmerpete » 09 May 2020, 7:28 am

If one of these assholes did this to my daughter I would want his nuts in a jar..
I agree police should have the right to strip search but NO adult male should have the authority to ask a teenage girl to strip. She has the lawful RIGHT (even in Australia) to only have this done in private by a female officer.
These overbearing pigs should be stripped of their rank and have sex offences levelled at them they're nothing short of paedophiles.
Everyone in NSW should be writing the minister of police asking not only for a public apology and compensation for the family but also an investigation into police training.... How do three officers get to enforce a law they don't understand.
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 09 May 2020, 9:39 am

I would think that a pretty serious compensation case would be launched by kids/parents/lawyers against the nsw police force for this - they already have evidence now saying it was illegal - so their battle is pretty much administrative only...reckon there is more to come on this.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by AussieCapitalist » 09 May 2020, 2:14 pm

Look at old mate police minister with the sub machine gun . Swept under the rug but the footy player shooting on private land was arrested in no time. How is that fair? This is why people hate and distrust the police because its rules for thee but not for me.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by duddley75 » 09 May 2020, 3:50 pm

Farmerpete wrote:If one of these assholes did this to my daughter I would want his nuts in a jar..
I agree police should have the right to strip search but NO adult male should have the authority to ask a teenage girl to strip. She has the lawful RIGHT (even in Australia) to only have this done in private by a female officer.
These overbearing pigs should be stripped of their rank and have sex offences levelled at them they're nothing short of paedophiles.

Not disagreeing with you in total, but I don't see where it says a male officer strip searched the female teenager?

"A police strip search which left a 16-year-old girl "completely humiliated" at a Byron Bay music festival was unlawful, the NSW Police watchdog has found.
The girl was told by police to undress and squat at Splendour in the Grass in 2018, after a sniffer dog sat next to her.
She told an inquiry when she first realised she was about to be stripsearched she "could not stop crying. I was completely humiliated".
duddley75
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

New South Wales

Post by TassieTiger » 09 May 2020, 5:23 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Look at old mate police minister with the sub machine gun . Swept under the rug but the footy player shooting on private land was arrested in no time. How is that fair? This is why people hate and distrust the police because its rules for thee but not for me.

Who was the footy player AC? Didn’t hear about that one...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by AussieCapitalist » 09 May 2020, 7:08 pm

Rugby league tassy tiger. Latrell Mitchell is licenced but he let Josh Addo-Carr who is unlicensed shoot on private property. The idiots posted a video to their facebook. Shooting on private property whilst being supervised by a licenced shooter should not be a crime, its another stupid law, but the government is making it into a big story to deflect off them.. In QLD a licenced shooter can let an unlicensed shooter shoot on private property but they have to be over 11 and under 18. The second they turn 18 it becomes a crime. Figure that one out......

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 98dd333f63
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by AussieCapitalist » 09 May 2020, 7:13 pm

Farmerpete wrote:If one of these assholes did this to my daughter I would want his nuts in a jar..
Everyone in NSW should be writing the minister of police asking not only for a public apology and compensation for the family but also an investigation into police training.... How do three officers get to enforce a law they don't understand.

Easy with that term paedophile mate. 16 is the age of consent in NSW and only relates to prepubescent. There is another term for that age bracket but it alludes me at the minute. M something.
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 09 May 2020, 7:54 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:Rugby league tassy tiger. Latrell Mitchell is licenced but he let Josh Addo-Carr who is unlicensed shoot on private property. The idiots posted a video to their facebook. Shooting on private property whilst being supervised by a licenced shooter should not be a crime, its another stupid law, but the government is making it into a big story to deflect off them.. In QLD a licenced shooter can let an unlicensed shooter shoot on private property but they have to be over 11 and under 18. The second they turn 18 it becomes a crime. Figure that one out......

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 98dd333f63

So In qld - it’s illegal to train / supervise someone in the use of a firearm on private property, meeting all other conditions, without them holding a licence?
That really, really makes the commissioner’s effort hypocrisy x 100 - as you said. Insane.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Farmerpete » 09 May 2020, 10:43 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:
Easy with that term paedophile mate. 16 is the age of consent in NSW and only relates to prepubescent. There is another term for that age bracket but it alludes me at the minute. M something.

Your right about the prepubescent part but I'm pretty sure if you check you'll find age of consent for boys is 16 but girls it's 18
Farmerpete
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Baitlayer » 14 May 2020, 9:01 pm

Have no sympathy for Mitchell and Addo- Carr.Just another case of entitled sports stars.If they had not been in breech of the Covid rules the rest of us have to follow ( third offence for Addo- Carr) they would not be in this position.Now Mitchell is playing the race card.They weren't charged because they were breaking the law but because they were black.What a load of crap!! If they didn't assume the law doesn't apply to them, this situation wouldn't have arisen.All on them.No one else!!!! We are expected to abide by the law even if we don't agree with them and punished if we don't.Why should they be any different just because they are good at a sport.They deserve our condemnation not support.
Baitlayer
Private
Private

South Australia

Post by Baitlayer » 14 May 2020, 9:19 pm

As to the strip searches,Ifind it interesting that they were found to be illegal on procedural grounds. The officers failed to follow the requirements eg. notification of parent,failure to provide privacy etc
As to comments about the need to strip search minors as a former corrections officer and one who has carried out many such searches on all manner of persons, I can assure you that some of our youth are no less likely than then elders to be concealing illegal contraband on their persons.In fact it is a common ploy of adults to have minors carry contraband because of the misguided belief that they are immune to search procedures that apply to adults .They are not but there are strong guidelines in place.That is where these officers failed.
Baitlayer
Private
Private

South Australia

Return to Off topic - General conversation