Do u own a good bug zapper ?

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Do u own a good bug zapper ?

Post by Blr243 » 17 May 2020, 9:02 pm

In keeping with my vindictive assault on annoying insects I intend taking a bug zapper on my next hunt. ( I have a house to stay in with 24o volts. ) When ever I try to sleep on theconcrete veranda during the day ants are bothering me But I reckon some surface spray will sort them out. During the day I kill flies with bottle traps and sticky fly paper. But at night I want to kill as many of everything as possible It’s annoying ti be applying strong repellent every 15 mins So far the mozzies have never really smashed me but in case they do it would b nice to have a. Zapper that sorts them too. Let me know if u are happy with your zapper and the name of it. A quick search online at Bunnings they range from 50=250
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Re: Do u own a good bug zapper ?

Post by Die Judicii » 17 May 2020, 9:55 pm

Yeah Mate, I've got a big one, approx 250mm x 250mm and about the same height,, 240v with open base (so it doesn't fill up with dead bugs.
Kills anything that can get in there.
I'll put up a pic if you want,, but I really don't think this is the path you wanna be going down.

Although they kill well,,,, I have found that (especially if you use it indoors) it'll kill all bugs inside, but the light from it attracts even more from outside.
In summer time with millions of bugs outside,,,,, they eventually find a way in.
And, they just keep on coming, and you can't sleep because of the constant crack, bang, crackle, zzzzap.

So, as fast as it kills em,,,,, thousands more are on the way. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by Ziege » 18 May 2020, 12:37 am

Bugs being annihilated is like sweet sultry tunes to my ears, lullabies,

I've gone through 4 of the big ones from Bunnings, don't buy
Ziege
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Western Australia

Post by TassieTiger » 18 May 2020, 1:37 pm

If it were me - I’d Put a net over the bed and some solar lights well away from property
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Die Judicii » 18 May 2020, 2:02 pm

TassieTiger wrote:If it were me - I’d Put a net over the bed and some solar lights well away from property

++++ :thumbsup:
I do not fear death itself... Only its inopportune timing!
I've come to realize that,,,,, the two most loving, loyal, and trustworthy females in my entire life were both canines.
Die Judicii
Colonel
Colonel

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 18 May 2020, 3:01 pm

Yep, mozzie net and mozzie coils. For the ants, sprinkling a bit of baby powder around, cleans them up.
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 18 May 2020, 3:45 pm

That’s a very good idea tassie. It’s embarrassing not to have thought of it earlier. Let the buggers go mad 20 m away ......allover Australia people are struggling with bugs on the back deck but too dumb to draw them away with another source
Blr243
Brigadier
Brigadier

Queensland

Return to Off topic - General conversation