Support our Aussie farmers

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Support our Aussie farmers

Post by Blr243 » 21 May 2020, 1:25 pm

Buy more beer so we can use up all this excess barley. Become a total drunk for the rest of the year ..... I only have two drinks a week so I really need to lift my game
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Re: Support our Aussie farmers

Post by Oldbloke » 21 May 2020, 2:32 pm

Mate, I think 2 slabs a week is a bit much. Eas up a bit.
The greatest invention in the history of man is beer.
https://youtu.be/2v3QrUvYj-Y
Member. SFFP, Shooters Union.
SSAA, the powerful gun lobby. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hunt safe.
Oldbloke
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 21 May 2020, 3:39 pm

I used to know a bloke who drank a carton every night. It was only midstrength. He was a nice bloke I wonder if is still alive
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by TassieTiger » 21 May 2020, 9:13 pm

I’ve met David Boon a few times now - he could drink 99% under the table and he’s about 5ft nothing lol.
He still holds the record for drinking 52 cans from Au to London.
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by AussieCapitalist » 22 May 2020, 7:21 pm

Real men drink great northern..... :allegedly:
AussieCapitalist
Sergeant
Sergeant

Queensland

Post by RoginaJack » 22 May 2020, 8:39 pm

Boone, Is that why he's called "the keg on legs'.
Was down in Tassie and went out to the Museum at Lonnie - the old railway workshop & yards; there was a lot of cricket gear there and some of Boone's but no drinking glass as rumor has it he's still using it...
Boom, Boom! Tikka, Tikka, Boom! Shoot first, video later.
RoginaJack
Warrant Officer C1
Warrant Officer C1

Queensland

Post by rc42 » 23 May 2020, 9:03 am

Support everything Australian and try to avoid Chinese products, you know they're going to fall apart fairly soon anyway.
China is driving the world towards disposable everything, it makes things cheap to make and we have to keep going back and buying replacements because nothing lasts.

I would think there would always be global demand somewhere for food products but most of those countries probably don't have the money to pay.
rc42
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by snag » 23 May 2020, 5:54 pm

Perhaps the government could buy the food that the farmers can no longer sell to China and then give it to the starving nations instead of giving them money. Everyone wins.
The pen may be mightier than the sword, but personally I prefer the .30/30 Winchester.
snag
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Blr243 » 23 May 2020, 7:58 pm

Good job snag. I’m sick of our govt helping others...... it’s something that should only be done when we are rolling in it and we have our own country under control
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 May 2020, 1:05 am

Blr, mate let me in you on a secret, the money Australia gives as Aid to other countries is basically bribes. To get their population and their politicians to support Australia's interest.

If we pull money out of the aid budget China will really fill the gap... and then we (you and I) will complain how China is influencing these Pacific countries... could be for as simile as getting more votes in UN.... or increase their dominance and control in the region.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Shootermick » 25 May 2020, 6:49 am

Foreign aid is one thing. But the selling of our assets to overseas countries is another, especially farmland. Once it’s gone it’s gone.
.22, .22wmr, 223, 243, 303, 20ga, 12ga
Shootermick
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Victoria

Post by Blr243 » 25 May 2020, 8:06 am

Sergeant...If our dollars spent overseas is a bribe I’m more comfortable with that. It’s not so bad if we get something in return
Blr243
Major General
Major General

Queensland

Post by trekin » 25 May 2020, 8:07 am

Sergeant Hartman wrote:Blr, mate let me in you on a secret, the money Australia gives as Aid to other countries is basically bribes. To get their population and their politicians to support Australia's interest.

If we pull money out of the aid budget China will really fill the gap... and then we (you and I) will complain how China is influencing these Pacific countries... could be for as simile as getting more votes in UN.... or increase their dominance and control in the region.

But the gafol does not have to paid in pieces of gold though. Take the aid money and buy the Aussie farmers produce the tanty chucking Chinee are no longer buying, and give it to the countries they would have given the cash to. Everryone that matters wins, particualy the poor sods in those third world countries, who let's fae it don't get to see a brass razoo of the aid money anyway.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
trekin
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 May 2020, 8:25 am

You are definitely partially correct treckin, if the public service was intelligent enough to think that.. they probably be working in private sector. Part goes to community and part lines pockets of corrupt govt officials.

Mick that's just not correct. I am not going through the stats again and again, but the reality is most of the land that is foreign owned is lathe stood parcels of land ie livestock grasing stations. Secondly while Chinese do own a fair bit but a lot of it is in partnership with Australian companies. And i dont see you complaining that UK owns more than China.
https://www.farmweekly.com.au/story/587 ... sie-farms/
Https://www.beefcentral.com/news/foreig ... and-grows/

The other reality is from 2015 the land owned by foreigners hasn't changed much. And i mean if Australian interests wasted to buy the land why don't they offer the farmers some money and buy the land before its sold to Chinese interests.

But the selling of our assets to overseas countries is another, especially farmland. Once it’s gone it’s gone.

Mick what do you mean its gone....last i looked the land still stays in Australia, they can't cut it out and take it back home. Or do you know something that i don't....mate, stop watching paraniod "one man media youtube shows"
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by Grandadbushy » 25 May 2020, 9:50 am

Well Sergeant Hartman mate your comment about Mick being not complaining about the UK owning so much Australian land surprises me because we in Australia are all under the Commonwealth which in turn is part of the UK the ''Queen'' so where does China compare with the UK ?. Also I presume most of the land leased or sold to china would come under Australian laws but free hold like houses and commercial free hold property would give the owner more say in what happens around this property and the property market, one thing I don't see on here is that China is not known for it's stupidity but more so for its strong arm tactics ''locked in history'' and China is renound for patience it doesn't do things quickly it takes it's time and lays the ground work so what they're aiming for does not fail, they put eyes on the ground in Australia and else where to gain access to build a knowledge base on the intended goal . ''There's a saying in business and it's ''If you want to succeed in a given business then you must know everything about that business and you shouldn't fail'' then they start entering into the workings of the political arena, big businesses, councils and so on to create a web of knowledge about their quarry, my grandfather predicted this back when Japan was looked at as a further threat after the 2nd world war but he said China will be the next Japan if it wasn't kept at bay and hear we are , but don't blame the chinese people they'll only do as they are told.
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by Sergeant Hartman » 25 May 2020, 10:07 am

Look i agree with you on that, i mean if you are right. I would tend to agree. Its indeed a positive thing that Australians own Australian farm land. If it was worth much money Australians won't be selling it to foreigners.

All this issue is around foreign ownership of land is scaremongering by some loony loopies as the fact is in 2015 the total land owned by foreigners is the same as it is now.... it hasn't changed.. outs just loopy loonies trying to scare you to vote for them in the next election.
Sergeant Hartman
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Victoria

Post by TassieTiger » 25 May 2020, 10:09 am

If China cannot give a crap about patents perhaps we shouldn't give a crap about title deeds...
Tikka .260 (Z5 5x25/52)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223 - VX 3
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22 (vtex 4-12, bush 3-9)
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 reddot
Sauer 30-06 - VX 3
Howa 300 win mag. SHV 5-20/56
Marlin SBL 45/70
TassieTiger
Colonel
Colonel

Tasmania

Post by Grandadbushy » 25 May 2020, 2:38 pm

Yes SH I agree there is a lot of scare mongering by some sections but lets have a look at Darwin harbour for instance they ''The Chinese gov'' leased it for 90yrs or there abouts so lets break it down , firstly the land stays in Australia as you said and it will come under Australian laws but it gives the Chinese the right to gain access to the Maritime papers to where the reef markers are and the total maritime scheduling of charter , commercial and military activity in Australian something you would say they already have ,Yes but now they have a foot in and have some say on the preparation of all maritime workings from the inside stuff not even we as a people of Australia are privy to, then comes the right of access to this port and this gives them the right to travel throughout Australian waters without contradiction of their reason to do so ,this to us isn't much but to another country its huge to travel our waters at free will , as I said the Chinese heads are patient people if one dies another takes his place but their agenda never changes and to them Darwin harbour is a great achievement, We Aussies are too laid back and far too often become cannon fodder for those that stuff it up, I for one don't trust China but hope I am wrong so here's hoping.
Grandadbushy
Corporal
Corporal

Queensland

Post by marksman » 25 May 2020, 8:29 pm

as usual GDB you have some very good points in what you are saying,

" as I said the Chinese heads are patient people if one dies another takes his place but their agenda never changes and to them Darwin harbour is a great achievement,"

what l will add is that the ccp are not democratic,
there are no elections, there is no 3-4 years in power they are a dictatorship and will be in power till they are not :wtf:
america and france has started to sell taiwan very capable weapons lately that has angered china

and

Blr the bribes that Albert, sorry l mean ziad is talking about by australia to the pacific countries are a pittance compared to the chinese bribes of late. china has long demanded that no country it has diplomatic allegiances with can recognise taiwan, with the solomon Islands and kiribati becoming the latest pacific nations to switch their allegiance to china, they want this vote against the countries that want taiwan recognised and part of the UN
they’re interested in this area because it’s essentially the lifeline or the choke point between america and australia and new zealand,

"Premier of the Solomons’ largest island Malaita, Daniel Suidani, revealed to the program that he was offered $1 million (A$178,300) to accept the change of allegiance to China.

And it appears Mr Suidani may not have been the only politician allegedly offered a bribe, with him confirming he believes there are a “lot of corrupt politicians” in his government.

Another tactic China has used to quietly expand its power in the South Pacific was by having companies with close links to Beijing try to take out a 75-year lease on the Solomon Island of Tulagi"
https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/t ... 7893dc1008

but anyway l agree "support our aussie farmers" :drinks:
“If you do not read the newspapers you are uninformed. If you do read the newspapers you are misinformed”. Mark Twain
marksman
Colonel
Colonel

Victoria

Return to Off topic - General conversation