Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

General conversation and chit chat - The place for non-shooting specific topics. Introduce yourself here.

Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by Peter988 » 23 May 2020, 8:21 am

I am having trouble finding anything specifically addressing restrictions regarding work. Does anyone know if you can travel outside your region for work purposes. My mate west of Miles needs help with general work on his place and will be paying a wage. But can I go that far without getting fined. I can’t find anything that says a letter from him will exempt me from a fine.
Peter988
Private
Private
 
Posts: 75
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by trekin » 23 May 2020, 9:08 am

Is he within 150 K's of your home?
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
User avatar
trekin
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 687
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by Peter988 » 23 May 2020, 9:35 am

No. But that’s where it seems ambiguous. You can travel for volunteer work - but it doesn’t specify distance restrictions.
Peter988
Private
Private
 
Posts: 75
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by trekin » 23 May 2020, 10:03 am

Not much help, but DI-DO/BI-BO mineworkers up here can travel within the region for work eg mineworkers living in Rocky/Mackay can travel to their mine of employment that is within their region. No FI-FO workers allowed tho. So I'd say voluntry/ one off payed jobs outside your region are still taboo.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
User avatar
trekin
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 687
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by Blr243 » 23 May 2020, 11:10 am

I’m also struggling to find info on travel. One website sent me an email that they don’t offer advice on travel laws and directed me elsewhere but that turned out to be useless. I’m thinking of fitting long range fuel tanks to My hilux, a supercharger , extra strong bull bar and an m60 on top of the cabin .then , with the bee gees at full volume on my stereo , at midnight , and at 200 kph I can bust through the state border checks just so I can go shoot a couple of feral cats and forfill my duty to the native fauna of my country .....the m60 I need in case I run into any polar bears
Blr243
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
 
Posts: 1938
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by TassieTiger » 23 May 2020, 11:46 am

^ bought a smile here
Tikka .260 (custom)
Steyr Pro Varmint .223
CZ455 .22 & Norinco .22
ATA 686 U/O 12g & Baikal S/S 12g.
Adler a110 28’
Sauer 30-06
Howa 300 win mag.
TassieTiger
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 2625
Tasmania

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 May 2020, 11:56 am

Yes you can. I got into a debate at the airport a few weeks ago when I flew from Brisbane to North QLD with a public servant who wanted to see my ID and tried to pry into my personal movements.

Like the Nazis did to the jews you have to(according to them) have a pass with you. You can fill it out online and print it off. Scroll down to the bottom "Travelling to or through remote communities".

https://www.qld.gov.au/border-pass

Remember this tyranny come the election in October please everyone. We as Queenslanders can move about freely in our state and need not ask permission from our elected representatives.
AussieCapitalist
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 330
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 May 2020, 12:18 pm

I am an easy going simple bloke who just wants to live my life and let others live theirs however they wish but this really upsets me that the government is telling people when and where they can move about the state by issuing internal travel documents. This in itself should let people know how tyrannical things are getting. I am livid at the distain from the government to the people of Queensland. I know I may be a bit more so called "right wing" than others on issues on this forum but surely everyone can see how bad this is that the government is controlling every aspect of peoples life. End of the day we just want freedom and to provide for our loved ones at all cost.
AussieCapitalist
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 330
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by Blr243 » 23 May 2020, 12:30 pm

Thru my internet research I just found out that from the first of June I am allowed as a Qld resident to enter nsw for a holiday .....and that I am allowed to re enter Qld because I am oredinarlly a resident in Qld. It seems that I will not need to quarantine myself on my return home unless I have visited a known covid hotspot ..... so rugged up , and with Deisel and ammunition my quadbike dog and my kayak I am likely to be enjoying the great outdoors once more. In the next week I will attempt to clarify that my interpretations are correct and then I’m gone ... I have no need to shake hands , socialise or touch gates in the process. This is a stockless farm. It’s fantastic to be able to drive anywhere on the property without having to stop and open gates. It’s going to b great to see this place covered in crops after the drought .....I revel in the thought of a changed environment
Blr243
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
 
Posts: 1938
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by trekin » 23 May 2020, 12:37 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:I am an easy going simple bloke who just wants to live my life and let others live theirs however they wish but this really upsets me that the government is telling people when and where they can move about the state by issuing internal travel documents. This in itself should let people know how tyrannical things are getting. I am livid at the distain from the government to the people of Queensland. I know I may be a bit more so called "right wing" than others on issues on this forum but surely everyone can see how bad this is that the government is controlling every aspect of peoples life. End of the day we just want freedom and to provide for our loved ones at all cost.

So you complied anyways. I may be wrong, but I don't think the OP wants to go to an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, which is what that permit is for, and simular to permits that have been required for many years now.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
User avatar
trekin
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 687
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 May 2020, 12:55 pm

trekin wrote:So you complied anyways. I may be wrong, but I don't think the OP wants to go to an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, which is what that permit is for, and simular to permits that have been required for many years now.


No I never did it. I psychically could not stomach doing it. The crew that came in after us had to do that pass or loose their jobs. Never have had to do anything like that in the past before mate and I have been in the cape for years.. It is sickening to think about. I rang my friend who is a child of Abraham and told her that they are doing to us what they use to do to your people and she was real angry about it.
AussieCapitalist
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 330
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 May 2020, 12:58 pm

Blr243 wrote:Thru my internet research I just found out that from the first of June I am allowed as a Qld resident to enter nsw for a holiday .....and that I am allowed to re enter Qld because I am oredinarlly a resident in Qld. It seems that I will not need to quarantine myself on my return home unless I have visited a known covid hotspot ..... so rugged up , and with Deisel and ammunition my quadbike dog and my kayak I am likely to be enjoying the great outdoors once more. In the next week I will attempt to clarify that my interpretations are correct and then I’m gone ... I have no need to shake hands , socialise or touch gates in the process. This is a stockless farm. It’s fantastic to be able to drive anywhere on the property without having to stop and open gates. It’s going to b great to see this place covered in crops after the drought .....I revel in the thought of a changed environment



Congrats you are allowed to leave and reenter your own home. It will be cold down there mate. I don't envy you for that. Have fun down there mate. :D
AussieCapitalist
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 330
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by trekin » 23 May 2020, 1:18 pm

AussieCapitalist wrote:
trekin wrote:So you complied anyways. I may be wrong, but I don't think the OP wants to go to an Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community, which is what that permit is for, and simular to permits that have been required for many years now.


No I never did it. I psychically could not stomach doing it. The crew that came in after us had to do that pass or loose their jobs. Never have had to do anything like that in the past before mate and I have been in the cape for years.. It is sickening to think about. I rang my friend who is a child of Abraham and told her that they are doing to us what they use to do to your people and she was real angry about it.

The remote community permits were not imposed upon these communities by the tyrants in power, but asked for by the communities Elders, many years ago, to stop us whitey from bringing not just dieseases, but alcohol and drugs into their communities. There have been times I have been to these communities to do work, and the permit only allowed us to work til a certain time of day, as the Elders could not guarantee our safety after that.
Image Rifle stock and pistol grip reproduction.
"legally obligated to be a victim in this country"
I earned every grey hair I have.
User avatar
trekin
Sergeant
Sergeant
 
Posts: 687
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by AussieCapitalist » 23 May 2020, 1:31 pm

trekin wrote:The remote community permits were not imposed upon these communities by the tyrants in power, but asked for by the communities Elders, many years ago, to stop us whitey from bringing not just dieseases, but alcohol and drugs into their communities. There have been times I have been to these communities to do work, and the permit only allowed us to work til a certain time of day, as the Elders could not guarantee our safety after that.



I been in and out of Weipa for years mate and have never seen it before. Maybe out at Aurukun or some of the communities right at the top of the cape to restrict alcohol but not here.
AussieCapitalist
Corporal
Corporal
 
Posts: 330
Queensland

Re: Can We Travel in Qld For Work Purposes

Post by Blr243 » 23 May 2020, 8:02 pm

Thanks Aussie cap but I spoke too soon. A bit more research today indicates only 150 k of travel is currently permitted in our state and I must not visit the outback ( where does the outback start?)
Blr243
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
 
Posts: 1938
Queensland


Back to top
 
Return to Off topic - General conversation